1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HTPC HTPC

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Vers, 30 Aug 2011.

1. chris66

chris66 Minimodder

I built a 'super-HTPC' not so long ago using the Silverstone GD06B Grandia Micro-ATX Case, together with an Asus P8P67-M Pro, i5 2500k, 8GB of corsair 1600MHz Ram, GTX 469, BR drive,
    Silverstone ST50F-P Strider 500W PSU and 3x 2TB HDD's. This currently stores over 400 movies and 20 full TV shows. I installed Boxee for the sorting out of the media and it is great - can even play our whole Steam catalogue.

This is the case - it is great because it fits perfectly inside our slim plasma TV cabinet. Our DVD/RBY physical disk collection is now redundant, freeing up lots of space!

http://www.scan.co.uk/products/silverstone-gd06b-grandia-black-htpc-micro-atx-case-w-o-psu

2. Vers

Vers ...

Just out of curiosity, why not? While I'm sure Corsair makes fine products (I've got a 750 in my home rig) the 430 you listed has got the same newegg review listing as the Apevia but with far less reviews (77 vs 1100) and is double the price.

3. GuilleAcoustic

GuilleAcoustic Ook ? Ook !

Because cheap PSU can blow away you PC in no way .. could it be after 1hour or 1year. I saw 2 motherboard blown this summer due to poor PSU (and in one case the PSU died with the computer).

4. modd1uk

modd1uk Multimodder

I agree on the corsair PSU, it really isnt expensive and is excellent quality.