1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Top 10 Games Chart

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 31 Aug 2011.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. Zurechial

Zurechial Elitist

I'm really glad to see a game like DXHR taking the #1 spot, regardless of platform (though of course I hope the PC version sold the most). As the guys at RPS mentioned in their discussion, it'd be nice if we could see publishers/devs taking a chance on that kind of game (DX, Bloodlines, etc) more often.

It wasn't quite Deus Ex for me (but in fairness, nothing ever will be) -- plenty of minor disappointments here and there; but I still really enjoyed it overall and it felt like it fit the DX universe far better than I was expecting it to.

Now that I've finished HR though, the rule of Deus Ex remains unbroken. I'll be going back to re-play the original now, and probably Invisible War too.

Last edited: 31 Aug 2011
  3. metarinka

metarinka What's a Dremel?

I honestly think DXHR was better than the original.

The original will always win points because it did things so well for 2000, but honestly DXHR is a better game in terms of gameplay and I thought the story was good. I think people look back at the original with nostalgia, I tried playing through it a few weeks ago, It's stil good, but some of the gameplay bits just dont' hold up in a modern light.

The only complaint I had is that the textures don't quite hold up on PC, but it makes up for it with awesome lighting and art direction.

4. mute1

mute1 What's a Dremel?

Far Cry 2 was so boring... All I could think of as I played it was how much I'd like to play Far Cry again.

5. Ta10n

Ta10n What's a Dremel?

Agree.

I'm a huge fan of the original (100+ hours, I think 3 playthroughs), and I'm enjoying DXHR at least as much. And I get the sense that I'll discover all sorts of new things on subsequent playthroughs (I'm about 35 hours in ATM) which will keep me coming back. Nostalgia factor aside I think it is a more than worthy sequel.

I've got my fingers crossed that Eidos will take a page out of Crytek's book and do a high res texture pack. I want to take advantage of my 3 gigs of graphics memory damnit!

Tags: Add Tags