1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows How long do you find items from play usually take in the post?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by EdwardTeach, 6 Sep 2011.

1. mikemorton

mikemorton Minimodder

Play - three to five days, but your parcel will get there in the end.

Amazon - two to three days - IF it's in stock from Amazon UK.

If it's Amazon Europe, then a month or in a couple of cases, never.

2. mikemorton

mikemorton Minimodder

For some of us, always finding the cheapest price is not the primary aim (but Steam sales do help a lot if this is what you like).

In my case, I like not having to mess about with a physical disk.

I like the fact that I can download my games anytime, anywhere.

And I like having them all on one elegant games interface on my PC.

3. Juu

Juu Haters Gonna Hate [✓]

I like that too, I was mainly talking about steamworks games, which get activated on steam at the same time, therefore there is no reason to pay a higher price buying direct from steam

4. Sharpiemwt

Sharpiemwt What's a Dremel?

On the same boat with PLAY, they used to be a lot quicker than other retailers with pre-orders (sometimes three days before launch). I just shop at GAME now and only get stuff from PLAY if its a DVD sale or an insane price difference.

5. greypilgers

greypilgers What's a Dremel?

Hmph... My experience with Play, not so good.

Their website said the item was packed and sent, and yet despite it apparently being sent via Royal Mail, took 5 or 6 working days to get to me. Bizarre because when I send a letter by Royal Mail, it gets to its destination the next day.

I understand that 5 or 6 days might be the total from picking to me getting it, but if they say it's sent, then I expect it to have left them and be with the mail guys...

Like some others, I prefer Amazon, although they do have their little idiosyncracies...

6. erratum1

erratum1 What's a Dremel?

Yes because I aint downloading no god damn 13 gig+ game.

I haven't ordered any games in a while but when ever i've used Play in the past they were excellent.

Meh, i'll always be looking to save a few quid and if that means putting in a disk then so be it.

Apart from the sales steams prices are horrible.

Last edited: 7 Sep 2011
  7. anotherusername

anotherusername What's a Dremel?

I also prefer Amazon to Play. Usually (this is using free saver delivery) Amazon takes one full day to dispatch (so might be next working day even if ordered in daytime) then it arrives in 1-2 days after that when sent royal mail. Also had an order sent Hermes once that was predicting 5 day delivery but came next working day! Compare that with Play where my last (and only recent) order was waiting for just over a week to be dispatched (claimed to be in stock at time of ordering, then after 3 working days they emailed me to say it was out of stock) before I cancelled it.

8. knarF

knarF Noob

I find play.com are really good for delivering. Everything i've ever pre-ordered (games and CDs) have always come the day before (sometimes 2 days before) they are due to be released. If you just order something normally though, 3 or 4 working days is about right i'd say, which you can't complain about since it's free.

I like to physically own something, i like to look at my shiny new box, smell the booklet (seriously, they smell amazing), or hold printed out maps in my hand. I'll only ever download games if it becomes a lot cheaper, which at the moment, it isn't.

9. Sharpiemwt

Sharpiemwt What's a Dremel?

I dont get it, whats with that new booklet/ case smell thats sooo addictive to us? They must line the case with "something" IMO. ;D

10. EdwardTeach

EdwardTeach What's a Dremel?

My order arrived today, but the bstards sent me the wrong version of the game. I ordered dow2 retribution collectors edition and was sent the standard edition!

I don't know how long it will take for them to fix this, so I think I will order from amazon while it is still 7.99 and get a refund from play.