1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Linux Minecraft; Official Bit-tech server

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Stickeh, 6 Oct 2010.

1. Elliot_O

Elliot_O SPARROW

jeb_ Jens Bergensten:
    The new "good guess" for a Beta 1.8 release date is 12th of September (this monday) =( *takes cover* #bodyguardwanted
    Extras:

----
    The bugs are invisible chests (or chests without lids) and ghost items (even in singleplayer)...
    ----
    There are still bugs in 1.8... I fixed all those that bukkit reported, but managed to find (or create, who knows?) new ones... to be cont.
    ----
    Received a list of 17 bugs from the bukkit team (beta 1.8). That will be my task today​

2. Jackg

Jackg What's a Dremel?

Actually can't wait for 1.8

Hoping that it restores my minecraft addiction!! :rock:

3. Panomama

Panomama I once signed up on uniform dating

4. Wicked_Sludge

Wicked_Sludge My eyes! The goggles do nothing!

ender pearls!

EDIT: so they do pick up user placed blocks:

[​IMG]

this is unfortunate :( on the plus side, they dont seem to move blocks frequently. they mostly pick one up and lug it around until the sun comes up and kills them.

also, the new biomes and map generator is AWESOME! the terrain formations that ive seen are EPIC. i can also see that the NPC villages and abandon mines are going to be great resources to survival players.

Last edited: 10 Sep 2011
  5. Aterius Gmork

Aterius Gmork smell the ashes

The new biomes are awesome indeed. The inventory for the creative mode looks a bit messy thoguh, I wish they would have split items into categories. Also they should have included some kind of super tool to remove blocks rather than your fists, it's really easy to destroy some blocks by accident. Sure, you might be able to replace them easily, but destroying some glass blocks for the decorative lava pillar in a friends house would not be fun.

As much as I like it the unlimited (?) max height is killing my super smooth framerate. Hopefully you'll be able to limit it to 256 or something. However being able to build buildings higher than 60 blocks is AWESOME. :)

Hopefully the final beta 1.8 will also include a character screen were you can see your level and the advantages leveling up yields.

6. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

What I really hate is accidently sprinting and using up my food. Fortunately zombie flesh is always available!

7. Bogomip

Bogomip ... Yo Momma

A question I have been wanting an answer to for ages... "who build all the 1 wide 2 high tunnels which span for miles?"

Answer: I think it was ending credits (kitchen with gold and black floor?)...

New Question: Why?! :)

8. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

I doubt it was me, my major tunnels are all 3x3 and I don't recall any significant 2x1 tunnels (plus I don't use black wool or gold). Whereabouts is this?

9. Wicked_Sludge

Wicked_Sludge My eyes! The goggles do nothing!

uhh...i think those tunnels were created by everyone.

you get enough people exploring and looking for dungeons/minerals and your bound to end up with some tunnels here and there.

10. SpaceBaby

SpaceBaby AKA: Stophon

who and when did someone build over the top of my football field?

for referance it is next to my Arc de Triomphe near warp 5. (Creative server)

[​IMG]

Last edited: 10 Sep 2011
  11. BlodadTand

BlodadTand What's a Dremel?

Agreed, the rivers and the canyons/ravines are pretty awesome. Can be a bit spazzy though, ravines through super tall mountains look weird.

12. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

At first 1.8 was kind of bitter sweet for me. Food everywhere and stacks to 64, health regen, sprinting, jump critical is OP as heck... and then suddenly, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

[​IMG]

All is forgiven.

13. MrsFio

MrsFio THE Minecraft Woman

Any one else have trouble logging in to the survival tonight?

14. JrRRr

JrRRr Minecraft addict

Windows 7 is crapping up on me. More and more programs are getting "..stopped working"-messages. Had to reinstall Java, and MC behaves edgy. Looks like a reinstall is heading my way.. :(

This brings me to my question: Any one successfully installed a linux version with Win7 running on a virtual-machine? I'm downloading Mint to have it a go, don't know if it will work, but read about it in LinuxFormat and thought I might give it a try..

Although, I might not have much time to do this on my spare-time, since I 'prolly' begin attending school soon, and move to a new home (if only MrsFio and I can actually win a "biding-round" for a house?)

Anyways, 1.8 coming up after the weekend - think I'll play a bit Single-player to get the feel of the game..:clap:

15. Panomama

Panomama I once signed up on uniform dating

You wont be able to play minecraft on linux on a virtualbox, there is no graphics acceleration.
    Linux Mint is pretty good, although id recomend Ubuntu ;)

16. JrRRr

JrRRr Minecraft addict

Think you misunderstood me. I meant installing Linux and then running Win7 on a virtual machine (still playing Minecraft in Linux obviously.. ) Why have Win 7 on a virtual-machine? Why not?

17. MrsFio

MrsFio THE Minecraft Woman

I went past there last night - and it wasn't there then.. Right Elliot? (Elliot was there too)

18. SpaceBaby

SpaceBaby AKA: Stophon

so its just poped up in the last day then? not been on much after i finished clearing that masive sphere next to spawn lol.

19. JrRRr

JrRRr Minecraft addict

I think MrsFio meant the footballfield on the survival-server. Kinda my fault though, since I told her about it (I thought it was on survival..) haven't been on the creative-server in a loong time

20. Zurechial

Zurechial Elitist

1.8 is amazing.

The survival gameplay feels much more tense with the addition of hunger and though I think it could do with some tweaking (I feel the food bar drains too fast), I think it really, really adds to the game.

As others have said, the new terrain generation is just fantastic too; and the new lighting system really adds to the atmosphere without compromising the blocky, retro-style of the game's visuals.

None of the changes in 1.8 are that significant on their own, but as a whole combined update to the game it really adds so much and makes the game feel different in a good way.