1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rant BLOODY HACKERS!

Discussion in 'General' started by t4n6o, 9 Sep 2011.

1. DeathAwaitsU

DeathAwaitsU I'm Back :D

1 million years, good enough for me lol

Not that anyone would need to bother, im determined to set up a system that uploads everything i want to be public when im dead lol

2. talladega

talladega I'm Squidward

my paypal password will take 47 trillion years so i think that one is safe :thumb:

3. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

what I like to do is have a few root words, then mix them around in certain ways-

like root words 1,2,3,4,5 (the words will usually be 4-6 characters in length and easy to remember.. for unsecure sites like bit- you'd use just two of the root words and two numbers)

for your bank you might login with 2531 and then add two numbers on the end which are again used a lot so you can remember them

then you don't have to write passwords down.. you can change the root words you use monthly.. of course you can make your own rules like add $ before the root words or after, whatever

like lets say your root words are big gay lobster = gaylobster33 or lobstergay47 or $biggaylobster34

I wouldn't be typing my passwords into that website though.. they get added to the latest dictionaries out there :D

might add. there's also the pattern passwords.. but I don't think it's as secure as mixing random root words

you look at the keyboard and start let's say on s.. then go right d up e and around in a circle so you get something like sdewqazxc and add a couple of numbers to finish

Last edited: 9 Sep 2011
  4. noizdaemon666

noizdaemon666 I'm Od, Therefore I Pwn

It's an american version of the British and European Tredecillion, or 10^78 :)

5. bulldogjeff

bulldogjeff The modding head is firmly back on.

Thats quite a lot then!

6. longweight

longweight Possibly Longbeard.

I do really need to look at my passwords, just don't want to forget them once they are changed!

7. DeathAwaitsU

DeathAwaitsU I'm Back :D

Btw, did anyone else only type a password that was similar but not the same as their own on that site?
    I know i did :lol:

8. stouffer

stouffer What's a Dremel?

I can't recommend a program like LastPass or KeyPass enough, they're capable of generating super strong passwords even you can't remember.