1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress Royal-Fortune i7 Rig. puttsy

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by puttsy, 15 Aug 2011.

1. Gentleman_Dingo

Gentleman_Dingo What's a Dremel?

Agreed with the suggestion of practicing what you preach. I've wiped my comments, now show us some modding!

2. puttsy

puttsy What's a Dremel?

Thanks for the critiques monkeyfun.

Your comments are appreciated and I look forward to more words of wisdom when the modding really begins! (Fingers crossed for watercooling funds!!)

3. puttsy

puttsy What's a Dremel?

Don't hold your breath man. I don't mean to talk myself down but, This will be my first true modding experience so I'm going to be testing the waters (Dip toes into lake here) more than jumping in head first from the diving board. (Helps of you can swin if you're going to be doing that :p)

Hope you like the small mods I do though! I'll try and collaborate a small list as a road-map for this build.aborate a small list as a road-map for this build.

And thanks for the rules link. I went through it prior to posting the log however, my timetable got ALL thrown off about a week into it :S Otherwise the modding would be in progress and not be stuck on hold for ~3 months. (Believe me, I'd rather be modding this bad boy too...oh the fun it would be!)

4. puttsy

puttsy What's a Dremel?

UPDATE:

Bought Self-etching primer, Primer and paint for the case. Oh, and MANY sheets of sandpaper. 80 grit ALL the way to 2000 grit. Let the modding begin!!!

I won't be able to actually START the priming/painting for another week or so BUT, I'm committed now. I plan to Sand-Blast the right side panel (my test panel, because it's hidden most of the time :O) with "fine" silica sand and then spray it off with compressed air (loosen up the big bits anyway), wipe it down with rags, THEN, wipe it down with a tack cloth.

Just letting y'all know what's happening on this project. I haven't abandon it, nor abandon the community.

Please note: I am following MNPC-Tech's case painting tutorial. I can not rightful post this work without crediting their hard work and experiments.

Edit: Bought some more supplies and now have almost everything to get started (except being in the same place as my case *sadface*)I still need to buy a pistol grip for the paint cans but, otherwise I think I'm ready to start! Again, I'm going to paint the side panel first to see how well it turns out. But, if that seems nice, I'll go for broke. Also, it's going to be a while before I'm with the case long enough to start painting. Maybe a week or so but, I'm currently shooting for the coming weekend (Saturday/Sunday) so fingers crossed I can make it home.

I'll post a link to the Google doc with the supplies I have and prices for Wal-marts here in the states (I also shop Lowes and Home Depot but, their prices tend to be higher)

Last edited: 15 Sep 2011