1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi The World Of Tanks thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by octoberfest, 17 Feb 2010.

1. Lance

Lance Ender of discussions.

But you have the speed to do both in battle. What are you using? I LOVE my T-34-85.

I have the cash and xp to get my jadpanzerIV but if I do that I'll be delaying my T-43.... what to do!

2. Comfyasabadger

Comfyasabadger What's a Dremel?

Almost at the End of the longest grind I have ever had to do. 35k for T29 but I have overlooked something..... Spent some credits buying medium tier tanks and now only have 200k.

My T7 is gonna cost 1.4 million..... NNoooooooeeeeeeeeeesssssssss. :duh:

3. Xen0phobiak

Xen0phobiak SMEGHEADS!

Which one? At tier 7/8/9 you can roll against heavies.

4. p0Pe

p0Pe gief cake?

35K :p You are going to get a nasty suprise when you get higher up:D Then you can talk about nasty grinds :( I still remember the pain it was to grind 50K for a engine in my E-75 lol:clap:

5. PQuiff

PQuiff What's a Dremel?

Get the t43 i loved it its like an evil bathtub with the mini 122mm derp. Shoot n scoot machine much preferred my t43 to the t44. Then its just completely wicked for the t54.

Keep you tier 5, 6 or some 7s as money makers that seems to be where the best price/repair lie.

6. Comfyasabadger

Oh no I've seen the XP amounts just not liking the T1 and the M6.

Hoping that other comment about the T29 being a nice Tank to play are true.

I don't mind grinding I just don't like being in games with Tank 3/4 Tiers higher, 2/3 should be nicer :hehe:

7. p0Pe

p0Pe gief cake?

Hehe. T29 is an awsome tank for its tier. The rest of the US line is not sadly:D

8. p0Pe

p0Pe gief cake?

By the way,

Patch notes for this and next year is up:

http://overlord-wot.blogspot.com/20...howComment=1315832950144#c2640757719246302801

9. Comfyasabadger

Wow they're busy.

I might focus my attention on the USSR tree if the US is that bad.

Got the T-28 atm.

10. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Why is it they're working on all this crap, where's multi-core support dammit!

Not that I'm complaining that they're still beavering away, but there are some crucial things that need to be sorted before start introducing hundreds more tanks and maps.

11. Jake123456

Jake123456 Surprise!

I cannot wait for them updates...

12. Lance

:O thats insane numbers of updates..

I suppose thats the one thing about freemium games, is that they are getting income to improve the games ALOT.

13. Everydayoddity

Everydayoddity What's a Dremel?

Some of that stuff looks pretty cool, I like the low-tier limited battle companies, that could be good fun.

New maps and modes, also good!

14. Grimloon

Grimloon What's a Dremel?

Agreed, multi core (even just dual core) support really should be something of a priority in this day and age. I appreciate that it isn't just a simple case of waving a wand and making the engine multi threaded but it would seem to be rather important considering how CPU bound it is. This is especially important with the future plans they have with respect to physics.

A seriously nice number of new tanks and maps being added though, I really can't wait to get my mitts on one of the higher tier French SPGs.

15. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

- Factional based battles
    - Assault
    - HELLCAT!

Win for my tastes. Everything else is an awesome bonus!

16. p0Pe

p0Pe gief cake?

is-3 in garage:D The last battle in my kv-3 pulled home 2331 xp, and is not far from my all time record that is 2381 xp for one battle without double or anything:)

Now to grind this is-3 up from stock! The goal is to get is-4 before Q1 2012, so i get a free tier 10 + a brand new tier 9 :) Should be easy done.

17. Odini

Odini What's a Dremel?

I do love my T-29, but heavies tend to go down hill from there on. Quite nice guns but almost all shot will penetrate, meaning most people will look to take you out first. Be interesting to see what happens when they move the t-30 to the TD line.

I alway feel that the games are too heavily loaded towards heavies in general anyway, making most mediums, except maybe T9, a little bit of a grind.

I would like to see heavies limited in number to say 2-4 per battle and give movement back into the games at higher levels. Remember playing tiers 1-4, most battles people actually moved in their tanks.

18. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

From my experience of the game that is a great idea. With the future patch notes they have stated about tier restrictions so maybe that will help towards this.

19. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Move... in a tank... blasphemy... though I play SPGs mainly so even in low-tier games I generally don't move...

I'm just starting to get games featuring heavies and it does seem to be a case of 'whoever has the [most] heavies, wins'...

20. Lance

I think there is merit to this.

However heavy pushes can be countered. As a medium player if you wait to figure out where the heavy's are and then push the other side with a few mediums, taking out the odd heavy straggler, destroy their arty support and cap their base it just leaves their heavy's screaming at their slow tanks.

It all comes down to balance. Half the issue seems to be a lack to high level mediums in most battles.