1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PSU need to know about power supplys in the us

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by knightyc, 15 Sep 2011.

1. knightyc

knightyc CPC refugee

Hi all. I will be moving to america in the new year and will be taking my pc with me. I currently live in the uk so we have different power outages. I have a OCZ ModXStream Pro 500w powersupply. on the website it says " The OCZ ModXStream provides Universal Input and Active PFC (Power Factor Correction) to effectively regulate input voltage across worldwide power grids and maintain an economical, stable supply of power. "

So what i really want to know is would I need to buy a new power supply when im over there or would the one I have work?

Hope someone can help me

Cheers
    Chris

2. murraynt

murraynt Modder

It will still work. The PSU should detect the voltage change

3. trig

trig god's little mistake

yup, that's the active pfc...

4. knightyc

knightyc CPC refugee

thankyou guys also are most games region free or would i need to import my games somehow my steams uk so would that still work?

5. murraynt

murraynt Modder

Steam will be fine. Its may get confused though.There has been cases where people move 1000 of miles away and log in. Steam thinks the acc was hacked or taken and may lock it. But all you have to do is get an email sent and reset your password