1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Assassin's Creed Revelations

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by adidan, 27 May 2011.

1. Jake123456

Jake123456 Surprise!

New trailer should be out today!! "Drops trousers"

2. raxonb

raxonb Minimodder

I remember this time last year at E3 Ubisoft said that Brotherhood was going show us how Ezios story ended...still an awesome game though. Can't wait for the press conference tonight!

3. Fishlock

Fishlock .o0o.

I knew that would get a reaction from you. :hehe:

I honestly gave it a good go. I found it took too long to successfully start a game, and when I started it I found it to be a bit confusing and not as much fun as other multiplayer games.

4. IronDoc

IronDoc What's a Dremel?

Yeah I like the multiplayer but the matchmaking and menus etc are pretty awful imo.

5. Steelez

Steelez Minimodder

Haven't seen anything apart from the trailer but it's really well done. It has really piqued my interest and although I've not finished AC:B yet (need to get to that but so many games queued up right now) I'm really looking forward to the new one.

6. Hex

Hex Paul?! Super Moderator

I watched the video of someone playing Manhunt on AC:R earlier and really wish they'd got someone who knew what they were doing. That was some frustrating viewing! But here's a vid with some of the new personas and moves in it:

I'm actually loving the facial expressions as they kill/are killed. Certainly makes a change from the dead half-smiles they have the entire time in AC:B!

7. MiNiMaL_FuSS

MiNiMaL_FuSS ƬӇЄƦЄ ƁЄ ƇƠƜƧ ӇЄƦЄ.

brotherhood was naf, dont hold out much hope for this.

8. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

not a fan of turban's in that era....... i distinguish enemies in BH mainly using headwear

9. Black Tiger

Black Tiger Chineapple Punks

10. Hex

You are in a very small minority there. I think almost everybody who likes the AC games felt that Brotherhood was the best so far. So yeah, I wouldn't bother buying it if you didn't like Brotherhood as it will be building on that for sure!

11. MiNiMaL_FuSS

MiNiMaL_FuSS ƬӇЄƦЄ ƁЄ ƇƠƜƧ ӇЄƦЄ.

Oh I know that I'm in a minority but that dosn't mean that I shouldn't have an opinion! I found the game to be terribly repetative and rather dull.

12. Hex

When did I say you couldn't have an opinion?! I merely stated you probably shouldn't buy Revelations as it is building on Brotherhood and won't be too much different. Therefore, you'd be wasting your money!

13. paith

paith What's a Dremel?

14. longweight

longweight Possibly Longbeard.

I really enjoyed the last one but it was way too easy, why don't these games have difficulty levels?!

15. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Indeed I am a sheep, hear me bleat.

Loved it.

16. tyepye

tyepye Minimodder

Just finished Brotherhood, well the main story anyway, and loved it. Just need to go back and do "the truth" now. Can't wait for Revelations. I don't know what it is about these games but they are just so fun, with so much to do with an amazing story.

Counting down the days.....

17. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

Yup, BH was the best so far - if someone didn't like BH then as you say Revelations is probably not for them.

I'll be buying a console version, not sure which yet. I was lucky enough to have BH on both the 360 and the PS3 and although it looked nicer on the PS3 (crisper, and more detailed), it played slightly better on the 360 (there was a slight stutter in the movement on the PS3). I am hoping there is a demo of the SP on both systems so I can try them out first.

I only hope they get the matchmaking sorted out for the final release. I have been playing the MP beta on the PS3 and it still takes several minutes to get enough people together to play a round. In BH I was never sure if this was poor lobby design or just that not many people played it. It was the same on both XBL and PSN though.

Looking forward to it though - I love the AC games as they are so different from anything else out there. With BH they got the controls and movement just about right and it really does make you feel like a human spider! The only thing I found frustrating was when you had to chase someone. The AI seem able to turn at right angles in full flight making it a very frustrating experience to follow them. So much that I only did the chases that were absolutely necessary to complete the storyline.

I don't mind them taking a rest after this one - I am starting to hate 'franchised' games that come out every year.

18. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

matchmaking never works. didn't work in MW2 and didn't work in Brotherhood. dedicated server is the only way to play multiplayer games. i wish, i wish Valve made this game, L4D server system would work great for this game.

i cannot wait for this game, the trailer just makes me want it more. i personally want this game more than BF3, which is saying a LOT considering i've put over 800 hours in BFBC2, and even more in BF2. looking forward to singleplayer more than MP since last few Brotherhood MP games (when i finally managed to join due to fail-matchmaking) were filled with roof runners.

replayed a bit of AC2 last month because i was going to Florence. found it to be less fun than BH for the simple fact that there are no way to chain attacks, fighting guards suddenly became a chore.

also, AC2's model was wrong. in real life, Duomo is higher than the belltower next to it, not the other way round!

19. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

I found with Brotherhood that the main story could be played through very quickly. It didn't make it any less fun but the sense of scale seems to be far less than AC2.

20. Tibby

Tibby Back Once Again

I love the AC Games, especially the Auditore storyline as I can buff up on my little grasp of the Italian language! :p

I normally waited for a price drop before getting the AC games, but might pre-order this.