1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Battlefield 3 beta opens

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by arcticstoat, 27 Sep 2011.

1. Stewb

Stewb What's a Dremel?

How do you have two codes if you haven't preordered? What did the email say, the code was from MOH as well? If so that's odd, seems that EA are double sending codes...

2. will_123

will_123 Small childs brain in a big body

Thats the dream. Who is your ISP and how far are you from exchange?

3. Speed

Speed I'm all you need!

Got my e-mail! :D

All downloaded and ready, using it as a reward for getting some work done... bet that won't last though lol! :rolleyes:

4. barny2767

barny2767 What's a Dremel?

Pissed off still no key from my MoH T1 and EA support say just wait a few more hours.
    I will end up with my key after the normal beta opens up. EA suck at this kind of stuff.

5. enciem

enciem Minimodder

Having origin installed isn't enough, why do I have to launch the game through the frikkin browser? Also, it plays more like MoH than Battlefield, that's never a good thing.

6. Speed

Speed I'm all you need!

Down to the new Battlelog system I guess, I don't see it as a big issue.

Only played a minute or so, updating drivers to the betas atm.

7. Kovoet

Kovoet What's a Dremel?

I got to be honest this game and the whole series I do not like. I play in various league and tournaments but wiki not in this game ain't hate their gaming engine

Sent from my GT-I9000

8. Speed

Speed I'm all you need!

Well just had a session and I have to say I'm impressed, great fun, the maps are very nice, graphics are good at Ultra. I quite like the expanding style as they did in MOH, fast gameplay and most importantly the atmosphere feels right.

9. andrew8200m

andrew8200m Multimodder

I cant get on... 91st in queue :(

10. Speed

Speed I'm all you need!

Can't you manually select a server? Thats what I did, then just filter the full ones...

Instead of clicking the "Quick Match" button click the larger Multiplayer button it is on. That should bring up a list of servers which you can filter.

11. Rustypouch

Rustypouch What's a Dremel?

Having the server browser in my web browser is really terrible. Why not have it open in Origin?

Game seems quite fun, does feel and look very similar to MoH.

Origin still needs work, as does BF3. They are still in Beta so we really shouldn't expect anything but I suppose.

12. impar

impar Minimodder

Greetings!

And you cant access the game without starting Origin, starting Battlelog and successfully connecting to a server. Feels like a browser game.
    You dont have a "out-game" menu for changing options and configure the game. If you are changing whatever option and someone kills you (friend or foe) you lose what you were configuring.
    Finally, someone found out how to quit the game while in the countdown for the next match? Whitout being Alt+F4?

13. XXAOSICXX

XXAOSICXX Minimodder

"Feels like a browser game." <- That's just silly. It doesn't feel like a browser game when you're playing the game at all.

"You dont have a "out-game" menu for changing options and configure the game. If you are changing whatever option and someone kills you (friend or foe) you lose what you were configuring." <- Yep, that's annoying for sure. Wish they would open up the menu/options to out-of-combat time.

"Finally, someone found out how to quit the game while in the countdown for the next match? Whitout being Alt+F4?" <- There are three ways to quit. 1) Alt-F4 (hardly an inconvenience), 2) Alt-Tab, connect to a new server, 3) wait until you're in combat, Esc, quit.

The game is *amazing*. The only bad thing, honestly, is the video/sound/keybind settings only being available in combat, rather than just "in game".

14. Cobalt

Cobalt What's a Dremel?

After an hour of playing the game I've only got one lot of xp. Every other time the moment the game ends I drop through the bottom of the level and get a timeout error. Also can't play in fullscreen, when I ALT+enter it maximises and then stutters for a bit before reverting to windowed mode.

The game itself is excellent, so I'm hoping for a fix soon.

15. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

I'm on Virgin Media, and I live about 2 miles from my local exchange.

I just wished I lived somewhere else at the moment because the speed's would be incredible!!!

16. keir

keir S p i t F i r e

How big is the file size?

17. impar

impar Minimodder

Greetings!
    3,9GB, I think.

18. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

3.9gb took me about 10 minutes or so to download

19. [PUNK] crompers

[PUNK] crompers Dremedial

lucky you! i'm on my mums BT connection unfortunately, 525kbs is what i'll get :(

20. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

I got it at ~500kb/s as well. 2 hours, not the end of the world :)

Be patient with battlelog, they are being swamped. HOWEVER, in the period that I was playing (~4 hours), it does look like they've updated Battlelog, seemed to run better. Nice thing about the web-based browser, they can meddle with things on the back-end and not need us to download anything new.

Tags: Add Tags