1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other General Battlefield 3 discussion thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Otis1337, 8 Feb 2011.

1. Phalanx

Phalanx Needs more dragons and stuff.

I must admit, calling out the smackdown on TS is just brilliant. One spot, and all hell breaks loose on that location. Stunning.

Long live ZiiP! :D

As for the revival, that's good. It's not supposed to be a quick thing. It's situational, not mandatory. Same thing with knifing, which I'm also liking; the wind-up on knifing someone is possibly more tense than trying to actually get to them.

My best streak so far? 5 in one go :D I was going mad on TS! :D

2. Ph4ZeD

Ph4ZeD What's a Dremel?

So its good you can't actually help your team and play as a medic? Its just a shoot first insta death fest.

3. Phalanx

Not at all. Get some teamwork going. Suppressive fire will soon get people's attention away from the medic. This isn't COD.

4. Ph4ZeD

Ph4ZeD What's a Dremel?

Doesn't matter how much "teamwork" you have on the first stage of Metro, if you want to revive someone, chances are your going to die. So why bother?

5. Phalanx

Last night we had plenty of people picking up teammates in the field. Not sure why you're having such trouble, but it's completely doable. And there was teamwork.

At one point Nal and I were laying down covering arcs of fire, alternating reloads and angles to make a murder hole of EPIC proportions. :D

Teamwork is there, just needs to be learnt, like the game.

6. Ph4ZeD

Ph4ZeD What's a Dremel?

I naively expected some of what made BC2 so popular with PC gamers to make it into BF3. Obviously ****ing assholes like you have convinced DICE to go with a 2 bullet death ejaculation fest.

7. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

ah, the HC vs normal mode argument again. please stop before this gets started. (im on your side, btw)

seeing voice com is needed, CPC players need to jump on mumble! i'll be on there on 29th.

8. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

This doesn't even have a thing to do with Softcore or Hardcore mode. I'm liking the damage model on this so far, it's a lovely middleground of the both of them.

You've got about 10 seconds to get a revive done. Lay down some automatic fire, chuck a grenade, drop a health kit, dive to ground, revive. Job done.

I revived about 6 people on the A MCOM on the Park area, when attacking yesterday and kept on taking a beating myself for doing it, just barely surviving each time. You can't just run in willy-nilly. If you could, then you would get the ever-irritating flood of medic squads that just inst-revive fallen players who benefit from the 1 or 2 second invulnerability that they get after it.

You can only revive people 3 times in a row before you are no longer able to. I found this on the 3rd stage of Metro on the right-hand Tunnel leading to Bravo. 2 guys went to the tunnel, gunned down. Ran up, chucked a grenade, revived both. They then somehow thought it was a good idea to just stand there and get mown down by LMG fire instead of pulling back (when you are revived, you only have your pistol drawn) and I revived them again. We needed the tickets, so I revived again on the 3rd time and after that I was not able to.

The defibrillators need to be unlocked, but this is your 2nd unlock as assault, so it's pretty damn fast. Reviving team-mates is doable, but yes there is an inherent risk with blindly/foolishly running into a firestream of lead. You can't save everyone, so you have to make decisions, is it worth the risk or not. If they get capped further back on the map, it's probably not worth it, but near an MCOM, yes it is.

Phalanx, that murder tunnel was hilarious. Shame we got flanked eventually though. Also, you were going spastic on TS with that knife spree. 5 in a row in impressive though. Best I managed was 3.

Teamwork is definately there, it just seems to be the case that the majority of pubbers don't get it. One classic line I saw on the text last night was "WHERE THE F*** IS PRONE!!!"

9. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Honestly Phazed, do you really think that's an appropriate way to conduct yourself on the forums?

There's really no need to break out that kind of insult when you've clearly got a minor disagreement on how decent this game will be. Get a grip or head for the door.

10. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

Wuy, exactly this dude. As with BF2 and BC2 and everything else, it transforms how you play. Knowing someone has your back or where people are, or what's going on just boosts gameplay all-round.

11. [PUNK] crompers

[PUNK] crompers Dremedial

i'll be up for that wu, still the same address, password etc?

12. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

A total shame. This is the one forum on the entire internet I can come to get away from behaviour like this.

13. Dwarfer

Dwarfer What's a Dremel?

I think once the game is released and we start seeing clan servers and servers where rules are obeyed, we can start to see people working as a team etc.

14. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

it has never been changed. see my sig.

15. Phalanx

It was brilliant. So many bullets, so many targets, so little time!

Nal: Reloading...
    Phal: Roger...
    Phal: Reloading...
    Nal: Roger...
    *repeat 20 times*

And that knife spree was just epic. I'm not even sure how I ended up behind the enemy and got that run. It was just spring, stab, sprint, stab, etc. I was going giddy! All I could hear on TS was other ZiiPsters going "OMG I've been knifed. OMG another, and another. Chris wtf where are you!?" :D

16. Treacles

Treacles Minimodder

I saw nothing wrong with it :O It let me do what i wanted, rather then make me jump through hoops to change graphics settings like Battlenet -_- Why could they not have made Battlenet Into the actual game application

17. Hamfunk

Hamfunk I AM KROGAN!

I'm guessing you mean the Battlelog?

BF2 menu system did work quite well after several patchs but initially, there were a few teething problems to say the least!

I was against the battlelog idea but during the alpha was pleasantly suprised. Also if it means DICE can provide server browser patches without a game client update then it is a step forward. The fact that is not part of the actual game application means we should see bugs ironed out quicker.

18. Zorndar

Zorndar What's a Dremel?

Was playing yesterday after a loooong waiting and bugfixing time for about 1.5h. The gameplay is a lot faster then in BC2 and for some reason the weapons react a bit different. Perhaps only as i´m missing my AN94, but the M416 feels a lot different from the BC2 type.
    Only the snipers have a hard time, the scopes are more like spotlights then a serious reflection, even if you are not seeing the player, you WILL see the scope. Also the heavy machine guns are a way too strong in my opinion.

There are also rumors that conquest mode will be availble soon as it choosable in the filter settings. Furthermore there are some testing servers for it (password protected), perhaps with the vehicles it feels more like bf then moh.

Best result:it runs just fine on my 5870 (2GB edition) at 2560x 1440 at about 30-50 fps with custome settings (teselation at high, aa af off rest more or less ultra). I´m hoping to get it running at 70fps with everything set to ultra with my ordered 580gtx :D .

Nevertheless i´m excited, the browser battlelog is not so cool but i´m getting used to it and the game (when started) runs smoothly. The bad thing you can only change settings when you are in the game, this sucks.

19. mrbungle

mrbungle Undercooked chicken giver

Just dropped in the thread havent read it all but I am getting the impression the tempo is alot higher than bc2 or bf2?

This isnt what I wanted to hear tbh if true?

20. Phalanx

The tempo is faster because it's Squad Rush. Wait for other modes. Conquest will slow it down.