1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Linux Minecraft; Official Bit-tech server

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Stickeh, 6 Oct 2010.

1. heh-

heh- curses.

You could probably calculate at least what line the other strongholds would be on if they're spaced out at equal angles.

2. Matticus

Matticus ...

Seems no one will tell me the IP. I have PM'd both Stickeh and Journeyer with no reply from either :(

3. 985323

985323 I am Jack's smirking revenge

Hmmm, didn't know bedrock was a movable block in survival
    [​IMG]

4. heh-

heh- curses.

It's not, it can only be placed by admins / block spawners (?)

5. MrsFio

MrsFio THE Minecraft Woman

Stickeh and Journeyer are admins at the Creative - it's not up at the moment.

The survival is hosted by Xtreme_Machine:thumb:

6. Elliot_O

Elliot_O SPARROW

Guys Seriously STFU​

Right lets get started...
    you dont realise how much pano and votick have done for you guys... fu&£$^g arrogant, your taking this hosting for granted really... Votick just cashed out on a new Ip for the survival to make it easier to join without having to use too much common sense and so we can use dynmap... and he let you guys have FREE hosting on his dedi which he payed for with hard earned money. Free hosing is extremely had to come by. Pano has helped so much recently with server changes and edits to the server and addons so the server can actually function, In the video hes testing a addon and making shure nobody can use it other than the admins, you may have to re test addons every time an addon is installed and added to permissions config just incase anyone else can use it. Do you want to loose this server....Really, stop being picky.
    Coming home from school and seeing this **** posted on the forum is kinda demorralising and probably makes pano feel like shutting down the server, but hes not cause he nice, and helps people, also Peter...you've really had it in for us from the start, thought you might have changed,:sigh: that video you've made kinda facepalms since pano is the one that came up with the whole give free hosting to XM.

<3 you all (even if you want me banned now) :wallbash: but really stop acting immature :/

flibblesan likes this.
  7. Bede

Bede Minimodder

If you think that being grateful and giving constructive criticism are mutually exclusive then you're younger than I take you to be.

8. .//TuNdRa

.//TuNdRa Resident Bulldozer Guru

@ Elliot_O; We're not raging, Merely asking that the admins stick to the very same rules they're asked to enforce.

I'm not complaining about the new hosting. I've even put money towards keeping it up, because, so far, the service has been brilliant. The community is reasonably sociable, and the server has remained stable, save the occasional update glitch and plugin issues. Exactly the same as when XM was hosting it.

I simply request that the Admins don't abuse the fact they've got access to all the commands on the server. Nothing more.

( And do tests have to involve spawning several dozen of something? Surely one would suffice so far as testing goes. )

EDIT: and is it just me, or does the connection seem a bit off at the second? I'm trouble-shooting my end at the minute, but It doesn't appear to just be me.

Last edited: 29 Sep 2011
  9. Panomama

Panomama I once signed up on uniform dating

You really think that I'd spawn endermen for the pearls?
    The pearls are useless and I can spawn them myself, I dont need to kill endermen to get them (if I wanted them I DO NOT!)
    I picked them up to stop other people taking them.
    And actually, Ive lost respect for feeling the need to record what I do.

You may be surprised but I DO NOT spawn willy-nilly. And what I do spawn I admit to, and most of the time its not for personal gain. (spawn house for example)..
    Some of the people here accusing me should actually get on teamspeak to find out whats really going on.
    I did not spawn loads of tnt. What do I need it for? feel free to check old world-flying ship for ALL MY NON SPAWNED I ACTUALLY GOT LEGIT ITEMS Ive been taking from those chests, not spawning.

Actually, Think what you like.

10. -=ice=-

-=ice=- What's a Dremel?

So, we were happily digging holes on two.blockjunkies.co.uk when suddenly... Mushrooms

11. Bede

Bede Minimodder

12. JrRRr

JrRRr Minecraft addict

I'm getting some bad vibes here man.. ..I hope we can sort this out..

Again I will thank Votick, Panomama, Xtreme and others (I don't know of/can't remember their names) for your time, effort and money dedicated to this server, I do hope we get to an understanding.

And again I will urge all of us to think before we speak or act since we're different age-groups and come from different countries and backgrounds.

13. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

Funny that you say that after starting off like this:

But why you mad brah? We're just sharing our experiences and opinions as players on the server. If you're so mature, then why can't you just observe it and take it into consideration, or at least give us your side of the story without shouting, personal insults and threatening to pull the server?

So? That gives him a free pass to do anything? I've hosted Stickeh's server on my main desktop in my room at one point, i could barely sleep next to it but i didn't go around bending the server rules in exchange. I did it to help. (Well actually, i had to shut it down a few times when the north american players were still on, so i guess i did bend the rules in that aspect.)

The video wasn't a personal attack against Pano. I record anything interesting if i have fraps on at the time, and i posted it because it happened to be relevant to the discussion.

And we didn't ask for your help, you offered it and XM accepted it. That's between you and him. Doesn't mean we all have to like it or that we, regular players owe you anything - I'd much rather donate to XM than put up with your entitled attitude, but i have no say in the matter other than not visiting the server anymore.

Okay, so the enderman spawning was for testing a plugin. I don't know what kind of addon it is that needs that kind of test, but fair enough, acknowledged. But don't act like that's all we're basing our complaints on. What about spawning in materials for the spawn house and manipulating day-night cycles on the new map? Several of us disagreed with that measure on the server and we told Pano about it. You know what we got in response? "/CARE"

Very mature.

And while we're bickering, Pano, your drug talk on the server doesn't impress anyone.

I'll probably regret most of this post once i get something to eat but **** it, it's what it is.

Sorry Jr :p

Last edited: 29 Sep 2011
  14. Panomama

Panomama I once signed up on uniform dating

Don't have a go at Elliot, He did not threaten to plug the server, Only XM has that authority, and I stand by that.
    I'm not going to bother arguing with you although I have reasons for everything youve mentioned. Although -- since me and Elliot first met you youve treated us like we are inferior and dont belong here, and that was before all of this.

Im not arguing with you and I want this to blow over for the simple reason that I want BT to come together and unite as a community, without all this bitching, I might not be the best.. You dont know me, I dont know you. Leave it at that.
    Im not arguing because I respect the players on the server and on here, on a personal level.and its not fair to bring this thread down because of some stupid thing, PM me instead if you have a problem with me.
    Oh and I know lots of people irl on survival, people I trust and I do mess with them, and we talk about it outside of survival. Most of this "talk" you here is for them.

-kyle.

15. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

Also, dinner consumed, post regretted.

16. Matticus

Matticus ...

Whoah, what's going on here then. The tone of this thread sure has taken a dive over the past few pages.

Cheers for the info on the server MrsFio and to the guys who PM'd me, I do apologise for being a bit out of the loop, I wasn't going to read 229 pages to find out what was going on :hehe:

17. Bede

Bede Minimodder

This is why we catch ourselves writing rants on the internet and take a step away from the computer.

Also I just had a little epiphany; Minecraft is the alpha-testing for the Matrix. Be afraid.

lp rob1 likes this.
  18. Wicked_Sludge

Wicked_Sludge My eyes! The goggles do nothing!

i wouldnt be so quick to take back your post dragun, you make some agreeable points.

ill just stick to saying that ive offered to donate to XM for upgrading his machine and that offer is still open. we didnt have any problems until the server was moved.

ill see you guys when/if it gets moved back :)

19. tranc3

tranc3 ADHD Modder

MY building looks ridiculous.

20. Bogomip

Bogomip ... Yo Momma

It looks like a block of flats you would find on a council estate, maybe you should build a few more identical to it in the area then some grass and broken pavement connecting them? :)

P.S. Parking Garage!!