1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors Seen anything cool on the road lately?

Discussion in 'General' started by docodine, 2 Aug 2009.

1. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

I'v seen a couple of them driving up and down the M-Way this past week, and I gotta say I liokes them I does :brrr:

[​IMG]

2. mvagusta

mvagusta Did a skid that went for two weeks.

That looks ok :thumb: They've copied Honda Odessy front end a fair bit:
    [​IMG]
    The Range Rover would look even better if they copied the Honda's slight curvyness on the sides, as the Range Rover is still very flat there :duh:

3. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

I have seen one of those every time I have been out in the car since Friday. I quite like them but the other half hates them.

4. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

it was designed by victoria beckham, it should be crushed.

5. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

Nothing hugely rare or cool but impressive:
    I was driving at a fair speed, and knew there was a traffic circle coming up. Bumpy road, a good bit of turning needed... that kind of thing.
    As I lay off the loud pedal, I hear thunder behind me, and see a bright orange Chev Lumina SS bomb past me. (they are known as Vauxhall/Holden Monaro VXR over there, I think, as well as Pontiac GTO in the USA).
    The Lumina goes flat out around the traffic circle. "nice", says I. Broad tyres and quite possibly agood few Suspension changes (they are rather popular amongst racers here, thanks to being relatively cheap).
    As I think that, I hear hissing and a LOUD exhaust going alonside me. Turn to see a City Golf (a.k.a. a 900kg Golf Mk 1 without any features) bomb past me and around the circle as well. Completely flat, that car. no body roll at all, and faster than the Lumina.

I see warmed up City Golfs around a LOT here, but most of them have loud pipes, an airfilter and nothing else done to them. This thing, on the other hand had a clearly audible turbo strapped to it, and quite clearly had a proper suspension setup... impressive, snake.

6. oasked

oasked Stuck in (better) mud

I've saw 2 Mini Coupe's heading North on the M20 over the weekend - complete with the stripes!

[​IMG]

7. Stickeh

Stickeh Help me , Help you.

Pff i saw one 2 weeks ago being filmed in the Spainish hillsides ;)

8. sp4nky

sp4nky BF3: Aardfrith WoT: McGubbins

I know this isn't exotic but I've got a soft spot for the old Citroen 2CV. Here's a very good looking example that I spotted yesterday. Everything about it was immaculate.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. mvagusta

[​IMG]
    I've rounded it off a bit too much, but even like this it's much better IMO.

10. thefriscokid

thefriscokid why s**t so crazy?

They look better in person tbh. On a side note saw my first soft top version in the factory the other night.

Pretty much every Coupe leaving the factory at the moment have stripes atm. They are applied in a different way to the other Mini models.

11. jhanlon303

jhanlon303 The Keeper of History

I saw a brand new(dealer tags) Ford 350 4 door 4x4 pickup truck with a brand new trailer(dealer tags) with a brand new GT500(window sticker) convertible on it.

If that bit of kit all belongs to one dude I'm going hunt him down and claim to be long lost relative.

12. mvagusta

Ask JJ to make you a sword Johnny, I can tell he just needs a worthy reason.

13. sp4nky

sp4nky BF3: Aardfrith WoT: McGubbins

I saw three interesting motors today - a BMW M3 Alpina conversion (no pics, sorry), a Porsche GT3RS and a Morgan. I didn't go round the back, so I don't know what model of Morgan it was but hopefully someone else can say.

Bear in mind that it was feckin' hot, so I didn't stop around long enough to get decent photos. However, one thing caught my eye - the GT3RS was displaying a blue (disabled) badge. It also attracted a LOT of attention.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. M7ck

M7ck Ⓜod Ⓜaster

Its a Morgan plus 8 mate.

15. DaveBC

DaveBC What's a Dremel?

Blue badge so the owner doesnt have to worry about people parking too close and scratching the paint :)

16. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Today I saw a shiny new 61 plate S5 with R888's on it, an M3 with the competition pack, a horrid blue F430 convertible, a Caterham copy bike-engined kit car and an X-5M. All while I was driving so no piccies though. :(

17. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

GT3RS... nomnomnom

18. Jaybles

Jaybles Minimodder

19. oasked

oasked Stuck in (better) mud

I saw another Ferrari 458 the other day, on the junction where the M20 meets the M25. Unfortunately, it was the cause of a rather large traffic jam!

The car was facing the wrong way, with the headlights still on and the rear left wheel missing! Needless to say the area was cordoned off by the police. Luckily the car looked like it was mostly in one piece! No idea on the driver, but you can bet he was probably a bell-end. ;)

20. RinSewand

RinSewand What's a Dremel?

[​IMG]

Three, at once! KightCon exhibit near me today, many many Kitt's, 4 DMC12's, and a Ghostbusters replica...