1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Dear Battlelog, go away!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by b5k, 30 Sep 2011.

1. Krazeh

Krazeh Minimodder

Why would it?

2. Kiytan

Kiytan Shiny

Yeah I dislike battlelog. Or more precisely I dislike having to use it every time I change Server, having to close the game, go back to battlelog, and then start up the game is just really, really annoying and unnecessary.
    Granted, at the moment it isn't a problem, as there is only 1 map/gametype and the playerbase is fairly evenly skilled, but a while after release, I know that's going to bug me.

(options isn't a huge problem as long as they add a config page to the battlelog)

3. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

queue for joining server, and able to join a server during that 1min "map change" are the two things that is missing, badly.

also, they are missing integration between battlelog and game. ingame is Origin overlay with Origin friends, but Battlelog seems to be completely different, with different set of friends. if someone send you a message in battlelog, you won't get it when ingame.

other than that, seems to work pretty well.

4. wafflesomd

wafflesomd What's a Dremel?

Uh, so you don't have to launch it in a separate web browser and log into two account?

5. Krazeh

Krazeh Minimodder

Or they could leave it as it is which means there's no requirement to load origin before I decide to play BF3. All it takes is opening my browser or, as will be more likely, a new tab in my already open browser.

6. DwarfKiller

DwarfKiller What's a Dremel?

All this talk of hating on battlelog, not a single mention of the bad squad management. Sure you can party up through battlelog and get in-game, it does have a habit of splitting up the party between squads and on some occassions different teams.
    All squad/loadout management should either be in-game or on battlelog... having it split between both makes it feel disjointed. Nevermind the in-game 'leave squad', 'join squad' only to be put in the same squad you just left.
    Occassionally I don't fancy having to spawn on a sniper in the middle of nowhere or right back at deployment when the fight is 13 miles ahead.
    It has promise/potential to be a good thing, it just needs some work.

7. wafflesomd

wafflesomd What's a Dremel?

I didn't know you could do that.

If that's the case, what's the point of having Origin?

8. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

I just want the squad system in BFBC2 to be back again. That was simple and elegant enough for the most part. Just add a few more squads to it.

9. ccxo

ccxo On top of a hill

This may happen, alot of feedback has gone to Dice, so they may change it for full release, even 6 man squads again.

10. onominous

onominous Master of the Universe!

I think we should start a new game here on this thread....

I hate the person who started this thread because he is a moronic piece of sex stain, who is raging at a pre release copy of a game...ermm isn't this the point of the beta? So we can tell the publishers what should be fixed? Good one, funk tard.

11. Crazykid14565

Crazykid14565 What's a Dremel?

if you give it a try it isn't so bad hopefully the real game will have a proper way of joining games while playing on it but to track your stats and see how your friends are doing it seemed really simple