1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Steve Jobs dies aged 56

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 6 Oct 2011.

1. MjFrosty

MjFrosty Minimodder

RIP Steve. One of the biggest contributors to the industry.

Would the so-called almighty righteous joke police pack it in. The flash joke wasn't in that bad taste (I think he would laugh at it)

Stop trying to be the hero.

2. Redbeaver

Redbeaver The Other Red Meat

Good light humour is acceptable as different people cope differently.

But disrespectful, tasteless, and overall ignorant jokes are not.

Are people really not smart enough to tell the difference? THINK before you talk is arguably hard, but think before you type something in a public internet forum is NOT.

Sorry, had to vent a little there.

RIP Steve. You did well. Real well.

3. Redbeaver

Redbeaver The Other Red Meat

IMHO flash joke wasn't a bad taste. following-up with claiming how awesome he is in his pirate ego boots so he can be insensitive and call other people sensitive ignorantly...... is.

sp4nky likes this.
  4. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

...And hence the banning. Let's move on people. :)

5. Lord-Vale3

Lord-Vale3 His Tremendousness

Thanks for the innovations Steve.

6. Senilex

Senilex Not a Troll. Honest.

I think Steve is going to be buried in a "precision aluminum unibody enclosure".

7. Ayrto

Ayrto What's a Dremel?

R.I.P

A little early to talk about the future , but no doubt , it'll now be interesting to see how Apple copes without its mythical , Willy wonka-esque, talismanic helmsman. Can't imagine things will be the same.

8. KidMod-Southpaw

KidMod-Southpaw Super Spamming Saiyan

RIP Steve
    I didn't like Apple, but anyone can admit- he bloody well knew how to sell a product. He was able to get ahead of the market curve, producing the products that fit perfectly and that so many desire. A true genius.

Only one question remains:
    What will Apple continue to produce without him?

9. capmoq

capmoq What's a Dremel?

R.I.P

10. Farfalho

Farfalho Minimodder

Although funny, too soon! (For some people to appreciate it as you could see)

I've been molested by FB announcements all over the recent activity and got tired, not by the fact he died so many times but it's really too much.
    The guy did prestigious work, credit where it's due, and as most of people commenting, the Apple part is the one with most controversy (i'm one of the against attitude) but the other accomplishments are truly remarkable. A visionary has been lost, it's a sad day for some, a meh event for others. As a living being as he was, my deepest condolences to his family and friends and as every one, may he rest in peace (maybe not because of his entrepreneur spirit) and that's it.

Give it a few days and the internet will be filled of jokes, for the time being avoid some not because of you taking the risk of being funny but of hurting someone's feelings

Last edited: 6 Oct 2011
  11. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

hate to see that picture of him so frail.. he led a pretty full life though- much better than most and will be remembered (even for his trolly ways) and innovations

you could see the gears were always turning in his head when he was out in public.. what I liked about him anyways.. his public image was almost perfect too

geez this thread got out of control fast!

12. Farfalho

Farfalho Minimodder

Sorry for the double post but this one was funny too x'D

13. Mighty Yoshimi

Mighty Yoshimi Motormouth

I thought it was pretty funny. I just don't know how i'm supposed to respect someone who brought misery to many thousands of Foxconn workers to raise the most capital possible.

Some would even say it was Karma given he was a buddist.

14. xMathiasD

xMathiasD What's a Dremel?

iRIP !

15. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

You do too, in your own modest consumerist way. Every time you want your gadgets cheaper. Or do you think Foxconn only makes Apple products?

16. Ayrto

Ayrto What's a Dremel?

The suicides at Foxconn , as tragic as they are, must say something about Chinese culture too. A culture in which people feel they just can't quit a job.

As Nexxo points out, we're all hypocrites. Electronic goods are so price sensitive, how many motherboards/Graphics cards etc would people buy if they were made here under nice labour conditions(good eh) , but then we found out that the price had tripled?

17. rocket

rocket What's a Dremel?

that is deep

18. Mighty Yoshimi

Mighty Yoshimi Motormouth

I try to source the most ethical of products.

19. M7ck

M7ck Ⓜod Ⓜaster

What mobo do you own? Regardless of your answer I can be sure that Foxconn supplied a lot of its parts.

20. digitaldave

digitaldave What's a Dremel?

listen to the speech, he never had a free ride got nothing given to him, was adopted as a new born baby and went on to make himself into a person who arguably changed the world, he really did.

no rich mummy and daddy giving him everything, he did all that himself and as you would expect it was no easy ride.

you make your own destiny, steve jobs shows everyone just what you can do and achieve by doing it yourself.

stay hungry

Tags: Add Tags