1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Battlefield 3 beta gets 64-player Caspian Border this weekend

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by arcticstoat, 7 Oct 2011.

1. billysielu

billysielu Minimodder

This map is too big - I walked around for an hour and found nobody to kill.

2. XXAOSICXX

XXAOSICXX Minimodder

You did remember to join a server right? Walking around in RL won't get you anywhere ;)

3. MickyTek

MickyTek What's a Dremel?

Crap Game

I played both Beta's and the game is a load of crap, Not touching anymore EA games, Have Medal of Honor and the new Battfield Bad company 2 and they are all the same, I do not like any of them, RIP Battfield 2 you will be missed because EA have ruined you completely.

4. E_Spaghetti

E_Spaghetti What's a Dremel?

Anyone else think the graphics are a step backward from bfbc2?
    Ultra settings, aa way, up 1920x1200. I played with it for awhile and couldn't make it look good.

5. Saivert

Saivert Minimodder

I pre-purchased it a couple weeks ago. And the only thing stopping me from enjoying the game is a pretty crappy computer (dual core, GTX 260). So I need to build a new computer soon. But I wonder if I should wait till next year. But that seems to be a long wait. There is always new stuff around the corner...
    Also most motherboards seems very samey. Hard to pick anything when everything looks the same. Picking CPU, GPU and PSU is far easier task.

6. XXAOSICXX

XXAOSICXX Minimodder

Brian: There's no pleasing some people.
    Ex-Leper: That's just what Jesus said, sir.

7. MiT

MiT Don't feed me after midnight!! nom

just don't try throwing a grenade from the bush!! lol
    (am sure they will fix that bug, well they better)

8. brave758

brave758 Minimodder

Mate i like gives it the more real feel you can still make the push with a good squad and pairs fire manenuver. So far i like very much looking forward to the full release

9. metalgearhathaway

metalgearhathaway What's a Dremel?

Give the game 2-3 months for the lamers to have had some fun and with luck we'll be left with a game that provides BF2 like staying power, every extra month that goes by will see the user base become more skilled and those lamers will naturally disperse elsewhere. I don't see it being a problem, not any Pc anyways, the stupid ratio thankfully is nothing like the console state of online play :)

10. metarinka

metarinka What's a Dremel?

well if you Re-re-do your research you'll realize that game mode is really a carry over of other objective based FPS' such as the original Day of Defeat, unreal tournament, and return to castle wolfenstein, I brought up MoH because that was a recent example and I recall one of the dev's citing it.

11. Aracos

Aracos What's a Dremel?

So much elitism in this thread, seriously people just because someone games on a console doesn't make them any less intelligent or any different than PC gamers, I mean god forbid someone actually likes to play on a joypad in a nice recliner practically horizontal instead of being hunched up at a desk. Yes the PC is more immersive but so what, if someone prefers to play a game a certain way just let them, there's a reason console gamers think PC gamers are elitist snobs, it's because they get looked down upon as lesser beings. Can't we all just accept that and move away from such snobbery? I'm sick to death of having to defend my PC gaming brethren when the majority are actually elitist.

@feathers you may want to correct your argument, the initial cost is vastly increased and upgrades just increase that further, the only thing that changes is the fact that our PC games are usually £10 cheaper RRP and fall in price quicker which is what offsets the initial and upgrade cost :thumb:

thefriscokid likes this.
  12. thefriscokid

thefriscokid why s**t so crazy?

^ Well spoken sir, have a cookie and some rep!

13. runadumb

runadumb What's a Dremel?

I'm not "hunched " over my desk. I'm sitting back on my comfy computer chair.

I've been playing it on both PC (with 3 screens) and ps3. The difference is huge both in graphics and playstyles I've enjoyed both though. It's a shame the unlocks don't carry over as both versions are tied to the same account. I hate this trend for unlocking everything. Gives long time players a big advantage over new player's. Weirdly the console players are the only ones using mic's in my experience. Shame they only use it to play **** music or be annoying.

Funnily enough the mate I'm playing with on ps3 is looking to buy a PC. Im encouraging him ;)

14. Aracos

Aracos What's a Dremel?

You missed my point, I just meant it's a different experience playing games on the PC versus console, at least by my experience.

15. metalgearhathaway

metalgearhathaway What's a Dremel?

Who cares how the price of the pc is justified, it has so many other benefits other than just gaming so the cost is relatively low as long as you make the most of the Pc with other interests and jobs.

It is nice of Dice to look after the console market, they've done pretty well for them really, its about time the emphasis went back to PC on an occasion. Simple thing is the current generation consoles are so old already in terms of hardware, that any half decent programmer would have nothing left to accomplish on them and without a challenge to programmers go stale and lose interest.

What makes me laugh is the console gamers have been so busy fighting it out whether an 360 release was better than a PS3 release, which lets face it their pretty similar most times, that when an actual superior PC version comes along they don't know what to do with themselves ;-)

I own a PS3, it works nicely with my media server, nice little divx/picture viewer box it is too! I even play some of the exclusives, but with most games being only 720P and often lower, generally no fsaa, i prefer the fidelity of a pc title, its a as simple that.

16. chimaera

chimaera What's a Dremel?

Spent much of the weekend playing this - was a lot of fun :)

Did find one really annoying issue with Battlelog though - notifications don't seem to come through, which makes joining parties, responding to game invites and doing the party join stuff is a nightmare. Works fine for some of the other guys I play with and not for others. Very annoying.

17. slothy89

slothy89 MicroModder

No reason you can't hook an xbox controller up to your PC ;) just saying.

And the guy whinging that ultra didn't give him a face full of eye candy, graphics were needed in the beta, ultra gave you med/high at best. Expect uber eye candy in two weeks ;)

18. mongpong

mongpong What's a Dremel?

Well - played a few hours of Caspian Border over the weekend. A few lag issues on some servers and got chucked out of a few randomly (connection lost?) but when it worked....it was awesome! I was impressed by the gameplay more than anything when the Beta opened originally but got bored of Metro map almost immediately....it's simply not a Battlefield map. Too close, no vehicles...can't see me playing this much when it's released. But this may also be because Caspian Border is sooooooo much better. Now this is a Battlefield map. Huge, well designed, great detail, sprawling when it needs to be but tight and chaotic in the hotspots (bases)...brilliant.

Managed to fly a jet (spawned in one) and it was fun. Slow, but they need to be in order to not be unkillable by ground forces - never seemed to go out of bounds which is a good thing and it was ace seeing the action taking place down below. I smacked into the antenna after trying to take down a tank (fail!) so had to bail but enjoyed it immensely.

Loving the trees shaking from heavy artillery...really adds to the whole spectacle and also lets you know when tanks are nearby if they've not been spotted.

Anyways...great map....sooooo much better than Metro imo. Should of released this map along with the Beta test warning dialogue (not 100% finished etc, stress testing) at the start and maybe they would of had less people cancel their pre-orders. I wander how many people have cancelled? Would be interested by the figures.

19. yassarikhan786

yassarikhan786 Ultramodder(Not)

Played a few hours over the weekend and I very much enjoyed it, so much so that I will likely not play metro again :)

20. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

Caspian is good....BUT I AM SO BAD AT IT. Can't handle the wide open spaces! Like I'm agoraphobic or something! Sticking to Metro ;)

Tags: Add Tags