1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Forza 4 Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 13 Oct 2011.

1. Jared89

Jared89 What's a Dremel?

letting a personal dislike towards clarkson even alter a review that ideally is unbiased was sloppy, regardless of final score.

"It's hard to pinpoint exactly what makes Forza 4 feel so fun; partly it's the sense of momentum and weight makes taking corners enjoyably challenging, partly the. The sensation of grip which makes wrestling cars around tight corners at high speeds is as unforgiving as it should be. When you begin to skid, especially in a rear-wheel drive, the precision needed to keep from over or under-steering makes holding the sweet spot all the more satisfying."

Please review iRacing with a decent forced feedback wheel, it makes forza and gt5 look like arcade racers.

2. knuck

knuck Hate your face

Rewind feature ? What's next, auto-aim in FPS games ?

... oh wait

3. sandys

sandys Multimodder

GT doesn't reload if you restart the race :confused: only if you exit and go back in which you don't have to do.

I'll have to get this update and pop it in my Forza machine, are there any good PC,PS3,360 compatible wheels, I don't have a wheel for 360 and don't feel the joypad did Forza 3 any favours, my G25 doesn't work in 360, I'd like something as good as the Logitech wheel that works in all 3.

4. montymole

montymole Rigid Tubist

sad that with all the console ports that we get on the PC that when such a good game is made that we will never play on our gaming rigs and i am not going to buy a 360 to play one game

5. johnnyboy700

johnnyboy700 Minimodder

Okay, this game has convinced me its time to buy a steering wheel for my XBOX. I've looked at this one, which apparently won an award at a recent games expo:-

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Datel-Power-Racer-Wireless-Racing/dp/B005FWY9N2

Surprisingly Argos have this cheaper than Amazon, the only thing that puts me off is that it uses the rumble signal rather that the forcefeedback signal. The forcfeedback wheels seem to be either a bit thin on the ground or really expansive. The former official XBOX wheel from Microsoft seems to have doubled in price since they stopped making it and the only other ff wheels I seem to be able to find are from Fantec:-

http://www.fanatec.de/webshop/new_e...d=100&osCsid=f0be0cfa5aaaece86deaf0a27831d954

This one is just the wheel, pedals are extra.

I also spotted this one on Amazon:-

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=467128533&pf_rd_i=468294

I've used Thrustmaster joysticks before and they were pretty good although their build quality could be quite erratic.

Any suggestions from you XBOX racers out there?

6. Pazu

Pazu What's a Dremel?

"It's hard to pinpoint exactly what makes Forza 4 feel so fun; partly it's the sense of momentum and weight makes taking corners enjoyably challenging, partly the."

The what? Proof read much? For a journalistic website, this is quite unforgivable. Not to mention how incredibly awkward the whole paragraph sounds.

I like you bit-tech. But recently, you just seem to go down the slippery path... You need to up your game!

CardJoe likes this.
  7. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

Saw the Clarkson bashing and stopped reading.

Even though I don't like the Forza games I still read the reviews except this one of the new ones to see what they are like and then see if I want to try it.

Clarkson for PM!!!

8. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Most folks want more than 27 cars, and don't want to pay $100/year for a subscription. Kind of a different ballpark.

9. bdigital

bdigital Is re-building his PC again

I loved forza 3. Spent many an hour on it. Was really looking forward to forza 4.

Unfortunatly the forza 4 demo felt like going back in time. It felt dated.

The main reason for this (i think) is because ive been playing nfs shift 2 with my g27 and trying forza out on my xbox wheel just felt......toilet.

The graphics were poor in comparison, and I found myself jumping straight back to nfs.

Am I the only one who found this? Its the first time I felt like the xbox hardware was showing its age

10. PlayedStation

PlayedStation Possessed like an apostrophe

i quite enjoyed that intro, was i the only one?

11. uz1_l0v3r

uz1_l0v3r What's a Dremel?

Clarkson is a ****. Bravo Bit-tech.

12. Podge4

Podge4 Oi, whats your game?

Im glad im not the only one that isn't that bothered about Clarckson. Mind you when i watch top gear i find most of the so called "accidents" seem so fake they should get acting lessons. Id prefer to have had james may on forza,

13. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

The intro sold it for me tbh. All I need is a 360 now :/

14. hurrakan

hurrakan What's a Dremel?

I don't mind rewind.

It's much better to rewind than constantly restart the race because you made some random mistake / spasm / twitch.

15. Rustypouch

Rustypouch What's a Dremel?

It pains me that this game has been so highly rated, yet lacks support for my Logitech Steering Wheel. Shame that really *sad face*.

16. shigllgetcha

shigllgetcha Minimodder

Forza 3 pics :facepalm: theyre stamped if you open the larger versions

17. do_it_anyway

do_it_anyway Minimodder

I thought the intro was better than most. And I liked it.
    Don't understand how you can take issue with it TBH.

On topic; because this is a racing game, not a review on Topgear; I wish this could be available on PC. I don't want an xbox. But I would quite like to have a go at this.

18. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

Honestly don't know how that slipped in. I do have actually have medical issues with my eyes at the moment, but I shouldn't be blind to mistakes like that!

+ rep and corrected.

19. Pliqu3011

Pliqu3011 all flowers in time bend towards the sun

Why all the Clarkson hate?
    I thought the trailer was pretty epic, and I'm not even a car enthousiast (though, for a couple of minutes, I thought I was :) ).

Anyway,
    The game looks absolutely awesome, and I hope they'll bring it out on pc too someday.
    Not going to buy a console toy 360 for one single game... :/

20. Farfalho

Farfalho Minimodder

Come on?! Hating on Clarkson?! I know for many Britains he's a dick but for petrol-heads he isn't (pretty clear which one I am).

About the rewind feature, shame you haven't mentioned a game that, if not first, used and was proportional to the difficulty you were playing and influenced the final earnings, Race Driver: Grid. I know it was arcade-ish but I had real fun and sometimes a mistake, over confidence, AI went ballistics, dozing off happens and flashback was there, if you weren't fast enough, by the time you tried, the moment had passed and you could not return to the mistake (major crashes you could always rewind safely) but this were limited. If I recall, ninja difficulty gave you 1 or none. After winning many seasons, why not risk it?! I think this was a well balanced flashback feature.

About the Forza, guess GT5 hasn't matured well and Forza got the lead... Shame I won't buy a X360 so I can have fun in a simulator, I mean, I love the thrill, petrol-head all the way and sad for GT5 got somewhere lost in the way but, GOD, do I love racing (simulators and circuits, not the street dork thing).

Damn you BT, great score and recommendation you gave why have you?!

Tags: Add Tags