1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cases CM 690 II Advanced or Fractal Design Arc Midi?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Mason7773, 14 Oct 2011.

1. Mason7773

Mason7773 What's a Dremel?

Due to the Lian-Li A05NB being out of stock, I have decided to go with one of the above.

I need to ring Scan up before 4pm today, so I just thought I'd quickly get a bit of feedback and attention before I ring them.

I have read that the 690 Advanced can be a loud case, but is great for airflow and is spacious.

As for the Arc Midi, I've read quite a few small issues, but the overall ratings seem quite high.

I'm interested to know about the 690 Advanced regarding loudness as I'm looking for something that's quiet, but apart from that, I'm impressed on what i've read about this case.

Would appreciate the feedback. I will be confirming my case to scan upon the feedback I get in this topic as I'm now limited on time, but to be perfectly honest, both of these cases seem great mid tower options.

Thanks

2. LeMaltor

LeMaltor >^_^

CM 690 II Advanced -> Depends if you fill it with fans or not, I think i only have 2 dans in mine one at front one at top, it's not loud at all.

3. Jeevus

Jeevus Minimodder

I have had my Arc Midi for about 2 weeks now and have absolutely no issues with it. The cases are pretty much the same size (my housemate has one), however the CM690 Advanced is noticeably louder, no doubt due to the use of 120mm fans over 140mm that the Midi comes with.

I have to say I prefer understated cases so I do prefer the design of the Midi but they are very close cases.

Also, if you plan on water cooling in the future, I think the Midi has a slight advantage due to the width of the case and extra room in the roof for a radiator.

4. Mason7773

Mason7773 What's a Dremel?

I definitely won't be water cooling. Like you said, they are close cases, I'm struggling to pick one, lol.

The reviews are outstanding on the CM, and the case looks awesome going by the unpacking video's on Youtube, but a few reviews I've read left some people changing the case altogether because it was that loud, which sounds really excessive to me, maybe they are just very picky?

If it weren't for that, I'd of ordered the CM by now, as my build from the beginning was always to aim down the quiet route, and it would be a shame to purchase a case that doesn't account for my original idea/components.

5. Jeevus

Jeevus Minimodder

So the Midi won?

6. Votick

Votick My CPU's hot but my core runs cold.

CM 690 II Advanced

i have the CM 690 II it's an amazing case and roomy :)

7. PorridgeMonster

PorridgeMonster What's a Dremel?

I also have the CM690 II Advanced.

One issue is the rear cut-out hole to mount the backplate for the CPU cooler is too small and thus useless. I use the Thermaltake Frio and the cut-out is about 2cm too small so it covers up the bottom screws.
    A little annoying but great case overall.