1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Notebooks Question about Acer laptop repair

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by russ555, 30 Jun 2011.

1. russ555

russ555 What's a Dremel?

Hi,

I've had a laptop for a while and not long after the warranty expired I dropped a drink on the keyboard which is now semi broken (the D key spams sometimes, 2 keys are missing and others just don't work) I was thinking about finally getting it fixed but I was wondering would Acer even do it? Obviously I expect to pay. Also any ideas how much it would cost?

2. dancingbear84

dancingbear84 error 404

Just buy a keyboard from e bay and do it yourself. Usually a dead easy job and no more than 20 quid

3. Shikkari

Shikkari I know what a Dremel is XD

If you don't want to do it yourself, your local independent computer repair shop should do it easily, and if Acer do fix them I'm sure the local shop would be cheaper and easier.

4. DeafGamer2015

DeafGamer2015 Minimodder

what brand and model??? I might have a spare laptop keyboard sitting around gathering dust...

5. russ555

russ555 What's a Dremel?

I have had nothing but bad experiances with my local shop although I could go a little further out I suppose.

I checked Ebay for a replace keyboard when it first happened and the cheapest I could find was £50 its an Acer Aspire 6930G

6. russ555

russ555 What's a Dremel?

The good news is I have managed to find a service guide that clearly shows how to remove the keyboard :). I spend ages looking for one in the past and never managed to find one. This time I found it straight away:duh:

With any luck I will at least be able to disable it.

7. DeafGamer2015

DeafGamer2015 Minimodder

oh dang well mine is Acer Extensa 5420 so i doubt your acer will work with my acer keyboard lol.

8. emo123

emo123 What's a Dremel?

Hey, i recently got a new keyboard for my acer aspire at a good cost, you can try them out too www.laptopkeyboard.com
    They also have free installation video's that makes it easy to fix on.