1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Nvidia launches 3D Vision 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by arcticstoat, 17 Oct 2011.

1. arcticstoat

arcticstoat Minimodder

2. MrJay

MrJay You are always where you want to be

*Now with added dimensions 50% extra free*

3. TheStockBroker

TheStockBroker Modder

Those glasses sure are expensive for what they are!

I have a top-end TV. The 3D glasses for it are large but light (38g), active, bluetooth, and rechargeable and yet near enough half the price of those?

Why pay so much for old tech? IR got dropped from high-end devices because it was unreliable at the best of times - if Nvidia want their 3D tech to succeed, surely they should come up with a proper specification that requires the compatible listed monitors to have a bluetooth device integrated, and glasses that will sync with the current framerate properly?

Also, Nvidia - I've not used my 3D features once. It's really an annoying gimmick; please instead focus on bringing me Kepler so I can actually follow your TWIMTBP motif and get some decent framerates.

Cheers.

4. Vo0Ds

Vo0Ds Fake potato

Doubt 3D tech will have much mainstream presence 'till it's accomplished without wearing glasses altogether. Ditch the glasses and I shall buy it, in the face, with my money.

5. Xir

Xir Modder

*flog*
    *flog*
    *flog*
    Run, dead horse, run!
    :D

6. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

Staying away from the Active Shutter 3d glasses as they give me headaches.

$149 going by the last £ - $ ratio I saw should mean a price of around £85 - £90 but I bet they will be £149 or more.

I will look at 3d when it's glasses free and there is more 3d content available as at the moment the only thing for me would, be gaming and I have tried it and it's not to bad but would much rather not get a headache after 20 minutes of playing.

7. Crossing

Crossing What's a Dremel?

I have a feeling the effects of 3d are going to be discovered to be very detrimental to health, leading to more harsh feelings towards the videogame industry (and don't forget film).

8. tigertop1

tigertop1 What's a Dremel?

Headaches for those who get them usually occurr if you have not built up usage gradually to allow your eyes and brain time to get used to it. I have had Nvidia 3D using active shutter glasses for almost a year now and use it on Flight Sim. A couple of hours is no problem. if you really want to watch good Blu-Ray 3D try the 'Legends of Flight' DVD.

9. feathers

feathers Minimodder

One GIANT LOL. I have used LCS stereo 3d for years. No headaches no problems.

Much greater health concerns than a pair of 3d glasses.

Every time Bit tech post something on stereo 3d people start talking bollocks.

10. Bloodburgers

Bloodburgers Minimodder

Bloomin' Heck do those bad boys come with a snorkel?

11. hrp8600

hrp8600 What's a Dremel?

Not intrested in a 2D screen , trying to fool you brain into thinking its 3D and you need glasses.

12. feathers

feathers Minimodder

Conversely, I'm not interested in 3d imagery presented in 2d.

The games I have played in LCS 3d have been a lot of fun. Apart from those FPS games where the idiots fail to render the crosshairs in 3d.

13. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

Ok I don't claim to know much about 3d but I did a google and found not much information other than Liquid Crystal Shutter.

So am I right that they use a LCD len's in the glasses to make it appear that the image is in 3d but, while that sound's ok do you still need a 120hz screen etc to be able to use it?

Not really sure to be honest but until they remove the glasses I cannot see it being thought fully about by me as I really don't want to wear glasses when playing games or watching film's if I don't have to.

14. feathers

feathers Minimodder

Yup. 120hz screen such as LG's excellent low cost 3d monitor.

I never found any real issue with 3d LCS glasses. I get the feeling a lot of complainers here have never tried them or perhaps like to complain for no good reason.

15. Ayrto

Ayrto What's a Dremel?

"3D LightBoost technology" - sounds like they've accepted that the dimming effect of 3d glasses almost spoils the experience altogether. To be fair to Nvidia, there haven't been that many native 3d games(unique frame for each eye) released. So forming a judgement is a bit like watching upscaled SD and then giving an opinion on HD.

16. SexyHyde

SexyHyde Minimodder

im not bothered. my limited use of active 3d has been fine but i cant watch passive at all as it weirdly makes my left eye water and spasm. i just dont see the attraction with 3d, active or passive.

17. delsinboy

delsinboy intermediate selfbuilder

yeah, a different image going into each eye is such an unnatural thing for a human to have to deal with.

why are there so many 3d haters? blu-ray 3d on an active system is just fantastic.

bring on 3d gaming! :]

18. Woodspoon

Woodspoon What's a Dremel?

yeah it's not as if high frequency flashing centimeters from your eyes could cause seizures or anything.

19. DarkBanana

DarkBanana What's a Dremel?

I don't think we will see real proper glasses-less 3D for a looonnnngggg time unless we want a system like the 3DS. But I think the lack of good games support bothers me more than the glasses. Of course, that leads to a bit of a chicken and egg scenario: no one will adopt until supported, no support until people adopt :S

As for flashing lights, they don't normally cause seizures unless you are epileptic and your seizures are actually triggered by flashing lights. Admittedly, you could cause a seizure by depriving yourself of sleep for a few days then placing yourself in that situation but there shouldn't be any lasting health problems from the seizure per say (can't say anything about sleep deprivation or and falls). In fact, it might cure your depression :)

20. Aragon Speed

Aragon Speed Busily modding X3: Terran Conflict

I haven't tried 3D yet, partly because I can't really afford it, but mostly because of the glasses.

Wearing glasses is not an issue for me from the point of view of them being stuck on the front of my face getting in the way, but because I already have to wear prescription glasses.

Trying to wear a set of 3D glasses over the top of a normal set is farcical at best. :D

Tags: Add Tags