1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Battlefield 3 PC Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 28 Oct 2011.

1. runadumb

runadumb What's a Dremel?

Oh my god, how lame. Thank you. Why is it R? E is interact!

Servers are down AGAIN!

EDIT:Its a 3 screen problem. Finally found it on the forums, UI doesn't work right on eyefinity or Nvidia surround. I never got the prompt to press R and I would never even think of holding down R as that would be stupid and only an idiot would design it that way.

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/battlefield-3-pc/1444436-hud-not-scaling-correctly-eyefinity.html Explains why I thought the lensflare was bat **** crazy off the charts as well. Constantly blinded haha. Hope this helps others. Guess I may play on 1 screen for now.

Last edited: 28 Oct 2011
  2. Centy-face

Centy-face Caw?

No. Just no.

3. mongpong

mongpong What's a Dremel?

Fair enough - you're still 2 days behind everyone else with a review though! I guess everyone on here looking out for this game would have read those other reviews already...which say exactly the same as this review (so at least we know single player is not great but multiplayer is awesome as everyone says the same).

Don't get me wrong I love Bit-Tech but I just expect more from you (which is why I loved you in the first place) - i presumed the length of time it was taking you to post the article was down to you running the standard bit-tech tests. yes I'm aware you only just got the review copy...maybe my expectations are too high.

Saying all that i do look forward to reading your more in-depth look into the graphics engine at a later date.

4. Zurechial

Zurechial Elitist

Which is a great idea, I think.
    It might be worthwhile though to stick a line in at the end of the reviews to let people know that the technical analysis is on the way; just to avoid people assuming that the basic review is all there is.

Bit has never really been a site to give reviews on the release day just to be in-line with all of the other sites though; the idea being that the bit reviews are honest and not influenced by the PR hype and publisher-pressure that we sometimes see from other, bigger sites.
    It's the same reason, I figure, that bit-tech hasn't been afraid to assign controversially low scores to games that got the typical 9/10 or 10/10 from others.

5. TheStockBroker

TheStockBroker Modder

For those asking about performance; while we patiently await BT's ever-impartial verdict you can head over to Toms Hardware for a truly spectacular array of different graphics card/resolution/cpu combos based on the current release of the game and drivers.

TSB

6. chimaera

chimaera What's a Dremel?

Am very disappointed :( My copy was *meant* to arrive today and I had cleared the weekend to play. It hasn't which means its going to be a fortnight now til I get my hands on it. Fail.

7. Redbeaver

Redbeaver The Other Red Meat

Good review. could use a little more in-depth tho. whats wrong? cant get away from multiplayer for too long? :D

just saw Joe's post about the technical review separately... would b nice to say "it's coming!" at the end of the review.

but good stuff anyway.

ive always like to call the Campaign mode is the graphic demo and manual.

8. mongpong

mine was supposed to arrive today too! Bloody Amazon! paid extra for fast delivery too. Hope it arrives tomorrow morning.

9. mecblade

mecblade 14 year old Technophile

If you're havin' server problems i feel bad for you son
    I've got 99 problems and overload's one :/

10. LeMaltor

LeMaltor >^_^

Are there sunglasses in game?

11. bdigital

bdigital Is re-building his PC again

I pre ordered from amazon. 2.15pm now and its not arrived yet. If it hasnt turned up by the time I finish work im going down game and buying it.

Il just send thr amazon one back for a refund.

I didnt clear a whole evening off from the mrs just to twiddle my thumbs!

12. chimaera

chimaera What's a Dremel?

Unfortunately I ordered mine to work (since theres always someone there to take a delivery) and I'm about to go on annual leave. Grrr.

13. mongpong

Just been on Amazon message boards. People saying postman came and went without leaving a copy this morning but people have been recieving them special delivery today at random times. Looks like Amazon had a shed load of pre-orders and it might of taken them a long time to get them out of the door...hence upgrading to special delivery. (and yes i did pay to have it delivered today). Still hope I guess.

I wouldn't buy elsewhere now as you wont get the limited edition version from the shops. Apparently GreenMan Gaming are doing limited edition download for £33 but not sure if thats still true(can't access their site form my work computer).

Oh well, at least i saved £10 instead of paying EA full Origin prices (how can a download be £10 more expensive than a physical?) - will just have to be patient. I've got BFBC2 to keep me occupied...plus Dead Snow is on Lovefilm's Streaming service so can watch that tonight...looks brilliantly stupid.

14. LeMaltor

LeMaltor >^_^

I ordered mine wedneday night from amazon and postman just brought it, I'm stuck on first mission though, keeps telling me to press space, i do, ive pressed, and held but i keep dieing

15. runadumb

runadumb What's a Dremel?

You rapidly hit space I think. extremely lame I know. There is another QTE shortly after that only this time you hit mouse button one. VARIETY!

@Moonpig I maybe wouldn't be so keen to rush in. Sure the multiplayer is fun but it is buggy as. I just played for the last hour and had an unplayable server due to lag (everyone was bitching about it), then the spot didn't work. You didn't even have your teammates identified. Try playing on a server with 64 other people not knowing who's who! Mouse stopped working on the squad screen, has to press enter to get into the game...needs a few patches yet I think.

16. fingerbob69

fingerbob69 Minimodder

"you can head over to Toms Hardware for a truly spectacular array of different graphics card/resolution/cpu combos"

Looking at that chart, at 1920x1080 high settings (no msaa) I'd expect my 4890 to hit somewhere between 38 to 40 fps... as it sits above the 5770 but below the 5850/6850. More than playable.

However, this game does signal that it's time may be fast drawing to a close.

17. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Thanks for that.

**clicks**

**checks out nvidia benchies**

**strokes GTX 295, lovingly** :baby:

18. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

every time I think about getting bf3.. I keep having those flashbacks of a guy frothing at the mouth in those interviews with dice

then they would pan to the back and there was a red headed guy who looked like he was having a orgasm playing it.. do I really want to waste my time raging those guys.. it's a dilemma

19. Teh Noob Slayer

Teh Noob Slayer What's a Dremel?

I got mine in the morning post :)

On auto settings, the graphical quality setting is on 'High' for most things, getting around 50fps(FRAPS) for nvidia gtx295, i7 @3.8gig at 1920x1200 and the graphics look good.

Wasn't there an aritcle saying we needed SLI 580s for best outcome?

20. yassarikhan786

yassarikhan786 Ultramodder(Not)

That article was probably just a marketing stunt or it was in regards to gaming on a massive resolution like 2560 x 1600 or a triple monitor set up.

Tags: Add Tags