1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other General Battlefield 3 discussion thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Otis1337, 8 Feb 2011.

1. the_kille4

the_kille4 Chaos will rule da world.eventually

My games occasionally crash. Although I tried to update my driver repeatedly it did not happen. Also uninstalling it does not work either.

2. TheStockBroker

TheStockBroker Modder

Had a very brief play this morning.

With a freshly formatted PC, with all the latest drivers and rig as below (GPU running at 1000/2000/4000 with appropriate voltage) - still can't get 60fps on High and I don't think I can eek any more performance out of my GPU!

Dammit Scan, when are you going to get those classifieds back in stock!?

3. yassarikhan786

yassarikhan786 Ultramodder(Not)

When I first load the battle log and join a server it crashes now and then, but it only happens once or twice and then it starts working fine :).

4. [PUNK] crompers

[PUNK] crompers Dremedial

if you cant play and you have disks try a reinstall, worked for my mate last night

5. Telltale Boy

Telltale Boy Designated CPC Jetwhore

I'm getting the same crashes, the games just seems to freeze. Hopefully they'll get it fixed soon enough though.

6. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

I get that too. Usually the first time in the day I try to join a server, I'll click go to game, and just end up with a black screen.

I also got a white screen crash yesterday. And one where the sound got stuck, and then all sound went, then I had to ctrl+alt+del out of the game.

7. earlydoors

earlydoors Minimodder

I've just had my first taste, and I'm loving it, despite being painfully sh*t to start with...still its a learning curve!

I updated PB manually prior to playing anyway, and then dived in

Had a go at the campaign just to get a feel for what the game looks and plays like...Had to drop the res on my monitor but runs comfortably at 40+ FPS on my rig with medium to high settings at 1920X1080 - happy with that

Had a couple of crashes, where the game just freezes and I have to Ctrl-Alt-Del to get myself back to the windows desktop, although I haven't updated my nVidia drivers to 285.62 - reckon that could be it?

8. Treacles

Treacles Minimodder

Just realised ATI Catalyst was set to OC mode, Turning this off stopped the game from crashing as often, can actually play a full match now...

9. mrbungle

mrbungle Undercooked chicken giver

God I hate Virgin throttling me. Wont get this till 12pm instead of 6pm now, so tempted to ditch them.

10. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

I noticed that too, glad I downloaded and installed it a week before launch xD

11. keir

keir S p i t F i r e

YUS!

12. flame696

flame696 Terminating People Since 1980....

well just for anyone who is interested with my crossfire 6870 set up ultra (thats everything set to ultra with all the extra on highest possible) was playable at 30fps but in some sections it would go down to 10fps, so i changed it to high and now im get 50fps even in the combat sections

13. stefan442

stefan442 Minimodder

i get around 50-60 fps with everything set at high, everything else max apart from motion blur which is off. 1920x1080

14. flame696

flame696 Terminating People Since 1980....

whoops i forgot to mention resolution is 1920x1200

15. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

How do you use the LMG's. They are so inaccurate.

Love MK11 and SKD though, can't stand any other gun. Same as BFBC2 for me, love to use all semi-auto sniper rifles as battle rifles.

16. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

I love using the LMG'S, I don't find them too bad if you use them in short bursts; great for suppressing fire.

17. Telltale Boy

Telltale Boy Designated CPC Jetwhore

Try waiting until you unlock the front grip, it stops you relying on the bipod for accuracy. I find with quick bursts on the M249 I can dominate, went 28-4 when I used it in a TDM game. :D

18. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

With the starter LMG's, think of them as heavy assault rifles. The have 47 round magazines, bipod and normal sights. Slap on a Holographic sight, laser pointer and you're rocking.
    One massive advantage that both the RPK and M27 have, is that you have fire modes, so you can set it to single fire and you have a 47 round sniper rifle essentially.... and infinite ammo.

Look to see where people are coming from, since you play Recon alot, you will know the routes people tend to take and also know when to simply stay back and let them come to you. If you see the enemy come, just hit the deck, deploy the bipod and tear it up.

Same principle goes for the larger guns, except that you have to learn trigger control to snap off single shots and your reload times are immensely longer. :thumb:

19. Mongoose132

Mongoose132 Duckmad

Same here, have a new love; the M249 with IR/Grip/Ext Mag, 200 rounds, can see anyone, anywhere, and be accurate on the move, I wuvwuvwuv it :D

Nearly 2nd star with it, and I think I'll keep using it :clap:

20. eddieuk1983

eddieuk1983 What's a Dremel?

If anyone is getting video card crashing after a few minutes try lowering your gpu clock by 50mhz or so. My palit 560ti is factory overclocked to 900mhz so I pegged it back to reference clocks and its been fine. If I put it back to normal (900mhz) it fecks up.

I got this advice from nvidias forum.

Regards

Eddie