1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

stupid underclass peasent **** chavs using haloween as an excuse for vandalism, ive already seen someones parked car smashed into.

2. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Fan Fan

People who buy expensive cameras, advertise themselves as "professional" photographers, and charge less than half the going rate (or, worse, do it for free) - they get the bulk of the work in my neck of the woods, and it's pretty annoying tbh.

I suppose it's partly the economy that is "ruining my life" too, and I'm sure other self-employed folks are in the same boat. The "budget buying" mentality shouldn't be an issue in my area of expertise because people hire me based on my work, not my prices; but since the recession, many people are looking at the cheapest options, quality notwithstanding - it's as if they are shopping in Tesco lol. If quality is not a concern to my prospective clients, my business simply won't be able to sustain itself.

/rant

3. knuck

knuck Hate your face

I hate Halloween

Actually, I hate parties. All of them. I don't even like big, annual, family reunions.

I'm weird

4. Blazza181

Blazza181 SVM PLACENTA CASEI

Oh, I can't stand parties either.

I've just realised I have absolutely s**tloads of work due in on monday. And there's tons of other stuff, like learning code.

5. antonyand

antonyand mmm Jaffa Cakes

6. Fod

Fod what is the cheesecake?

Nothing. My life is awesome. jog on, losers!

Blazza181 likes this.
  7. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Another week of choosing between electricity or food...

... oh wait... I can't afford either...

... **** ...

just hope that snow the eastern US currently has doesn't hit here... deffo can't afford heating...

Last edited: 31 Oct 2011
  8. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

I just narrowly missed out on kilometers of second hand but perfectly usable fiber optic cabling for free :duh: It was skipped a few days ago and I only found out that it had been available this afternoon.

We really need a lot of network infrastructure for a large scale networking project at the moment too. I could have had the lot for the cost of driving 40 miles, loading the trailer and driving home :wallbash:

:rolleyes:

9. Canon

Canon Reformed

Ok, may have bitched about this before, but I started helping out a family friend with a new business venture. First few days and I knew already he was an idiot, had no idea what he was doing and had limited time until complete and utter failure. But being the silly ***** I am, I stuck my neck out and decided to do the favour, more or less run the place after renovating it, try to help get it off it's feet. I even packed in the job for it.

Anyway, first week or two I expected nothing in return, then this asshat told me "From now on, you get a proper wage" OK I thought, i'll put less hours in so he can afford this, it's all uphill from here!

Wrong. End of the week he hands me what worked out at roughly 66p PER HOUR or £3 PER DAY.

So now I'm stuck in limbo, i'll soon find something better but it's come to a point where he believes he is doing ME THE FAVOUR by giving me this begging wage for hours of hard labour in a place i'm embarrassed to show my face because he is so dim.

Now, for some reason, I've kept it up, and i'm keeping it up until the next thing comes along, but when I leave, I'm going to make sure it ruins his life. Oh yes, I'm keeping it up because it gives me something to do until then, however worthless it is.

To make it worse, I've just realised the job I came from last time around was paying out £7.50/ph

10. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

"all about deadp1xels" i only just noticed that tag XD

tis truth tis truth

I got shaving foam in my ear and its annoying

11. logonui

logonui Minimodder

Met a girl the other week that seemed really interested, we were getting on great, had loads in common and she's stunning! Now she is completely ignoring every message I send and I can't work out why...

12. Blazza181

That happens mate.

Used to be with a really nice girl, but she just started ignoring me. Sad face.

13. logonui

logonui Minimodder

It's not the first time it's happened but I had some idea why in the past. This seems to be completely out of the blue!

Oh well, onwards and upwards I suppose!

14. Blazza181

That's the way to look at it. The girl I was talking about used to send me 20 texts per week, then totally ignored me for 2 weeks.

When I saw her she ignored me, and now we no longer speak.

/moan

Last edited: 31 Oct 2011
  15. logonui

logonui Minimodder

That sucks! It wouldn't be so bad if there was a valid reason but they make you guess!

A large percent of the posts on this thread seem to have something to do with relationships. It's a wonder anyone bothers! :sigh:

16. Blazza181

A) Companionship is awesome. You have someone you can tell secrets to, be kind to, and it (usually) isn't considered creepy.

B) Cheesecake - dates = free excuse to buy tons of cheesecake.

C) Bedroom - no explanation needed

17. Picarro

Picarro What's a Dremel?

If you get a good one it will even cook and clean for you.

18. Volund

Volund Am I supposed to care?

just found out the hard way that harbor freight's epoxy does not bond plastics, and doesn't even seem to dry.... now I have some deep cleaning to do on some very small nerf gun parts...

also, the spring I bought was far to heavy for my maverick... and was a little to wide as well.

so now I'm off to buy some more epoxy, epoxy putty, craft foam, and a new spring.... great....

19. logonui

logonui Minimodder

A) I completely agree if everything goes according to plan. Past experiences tell me that it rarely does!

B) You need an excuse? :eyebrow:

C) Getting someone in the bedroom has never really been an issue. I'll admit it's not the same as being with someone long term but at least you don't have all the aggro that goes with it!

20. Blazza181

B) Well, that way, I look less fat when a friend comes and sees my fridge:

Friend: I'm hungry
    Me: Take a look in the fridge.
    Friend: Okay... HOLY CEILING CAT! THAT'S A LOT OF CHEESECAKE!
    Me: Soon having a date/
    Friend: Oh. Okay.

True story.

Slightly fabricated.