1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Battlefield 3 PC Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 28 Oct 2011.

1. MikeMK

MikeMK What's a Dremel?

Well, ive been itching to play this game since friday, really cant wait. Not even had chance to take it out of the amazon packaging yet - been away all weekend. Still get chance to give it a good test tonight.

BTW - Nice review Bit-tech, although really would appreciate a tech analysis/performance article!

2. Bede

Bede Minimodder

LOL +rep :D

3. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

First time I heard of sandboxing thank you very much Zurechial :clap:, I'll get onto setting that up today & then enjoy BF3 as I should :thumb: +rep.

4. darkb

darkb What's a Dremel?

It's actually normal to have that problem.. all the guys look the same anyways. The only way I can usually tell if they are friend or enemy is by the blue / green markers above the heads of friendly soliders. If there's no marker, or a red arrow, then it's an enemy. Of course if you get any of blue / green / red mixed up it makes it alot harder, but the icons themselves differ by more than just colour iirc.

5. mp3manager

mp3manager What's a Dremel?

Just been playing through campaign and it's awful. There seems to be lots of 'tripwires' you have to pass before an event is triggered, i.e. in Uprising you have to go through the crashed school bus, then it explodes then you get ambushed by 4 or 5 PLR guys....I tried to go round the bus and ambush the PLR but it wouldn't let me as they weren't there yet.

Also there are no rag-doll physics!! Shoot a PLR, they fall and they don't move when you shoot them again....then they just disappear! Very poor tbh.

6. slothy89

slothy89 MicroModder

Exactly! Very corridor like.. I miss the "SinglePlayer" from 1942 which was multiplayer with bots. At least you were able to practice and prepare for the online war.

And the corpses vanishing says console as much as "press start to begin" (ala Crysis 2 Demo) or the fact that one of the loading screen hints on the PC BF3 SP is "for an extra challenge try it on hard, AND TURN OFF AIM ASSIST"

Yes it really mentions aim assist on the PC version.. So much for PC being lead platform...

7. RobertAnderson

RobertAnderson What's a Dremel?

Yes..and I tell you now days it is going to be bore to play with bots. I am completely missing a single player and last week there is heavy network issue with BF3 on PS. I was not able to connect it properly. Hope it is resolved.

8. mongpong

mongpong What's a Dremel?

Gave up on my Amazon order - never arrived on Friday or Saturday. Phoned them up and based on what they were saying it sounded like mine was one of thousands of phonecalls they had recieved saying exactly the same i.e. "where's my game that i pre-ordered and paid extra for release day delivery". Think Amazon seemed to have either had to many pre-orders and couldn't keep up with demand or processed them too late (mine wasn't dispatched until 9pm on Thursday). They told me that i could send it back to them and get a refund...so i downloaded form GreenManGaming for £33 limited edition.

Single Player is soo far...****. Only played the very first level on the train and pressing [E] and [SPACE] over and over agin was tedious so just went straight into multiplayer.

Multiplayer is awesome. Graphics go surprsingly to High on my ATI RADEON HD4650 (1 Gig) which is a pretty old card....it does heat up a lot though so normally i drop it to medium to bring up the framerates.

In terms of bad Lag...double check you screen resolution! It automatically sets it at something ridiculously high and was causing the game to stutter (it looked like bad lag) if your card can't cope with the resolution. I dropped mine down to the correct resolution and it was running perfect after that. Now just gotta learn the maps.

9. SexyHyde

SexyHyde Minimodder

i used thehut for my pre order. £28 and £1.17 back thru quidco. they posted it six days before release so i had i on the tuesday before release. was well pleased.

single player reminds me a lot of cod. i hate following someone. the only thing its good for is learning the gun characteristics. but the multiplayer is immense. although some of the unlocks are ridiculous. paddles, flares, tank machine gun these should have been included from the start, i'm surprised they didnt have a 1000 deaths before ammo unlock.

10. SB-1991

SB-1991 What's a Dremel?

Argh I'm frustrated with battlefield 3 now. Not only does it not work but now here is mention of EA scanning the entire contents of your HDD, I've looked at the EA Privacy Policy and Terms of Service agreement and can't seem to find anything there but they're not exactly going to say "we'll use origin to scan your HDD for..whatever reason".

I can't return battlefield 3 to HMV online now can I because the game is registered to my origin account? FFS, £40 for an unplayable, spyware piece of rubbish. I should have just waited for Arkham City!

11. metalgearhathaway

metalgearhathaway What's a Dremel?

Ah bar some minor issues, the game runs excellently and is so much better than I was expecting after enjoying BF2 for so very long.

The multiplayer is the main game, no matter what any user console owner or not say about it, in that respect the game is easily the best and most atmospheric experience on the market and I'll bet it'll take at least 12 month is not more for anyone to come even close to it greatness.

12. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

I fully agree, multiplayer is what this game is about, the single player is just a familiarise yourself to the game if you need to.

But I need official word preferably from EA themselves or anyone who really knows about what information exactly origin takes & shares with their unknown 3rd parties since it's been found to be sniffing around parts of hdd's it has no business in, anyone at bit-tech know anything about it? I've seen people saying its no different than steam but at least with steam it's optional & as far as I know it only checks what hardware/software you use but isn't optional with origin so if you disagree then you are automatically not allowed to play the game you bought, the game worked fine BTW but after finding out about origin being bad I uninstalled everything EA related & just been trying to reach the truth of why it is bad all weekend instead of enjoying the game, awesome way to release a game, not.

If I have to call my personal computer a funnel computer I want to know exactly what they are looking for & what they gather & who they share it with & who the unknown parties share it with & so on else I'll avoid EA products like the plague, also most people were moaning about ubisofts always online DRM so why not with this which appears to be a whole lot worse?.

I have uninstalled it all & it's sat on my desk while I wait to find out what EA are playing at with origin, dice rock but EA don't.

Last time I mention this & if I don't find out what I want to know then I might consider stripping my PC down & make a pure htpc & use current gen consoles until they make a better one, close to had enough of over the top DRM with PC gaming.

13. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

I think if you have any doubts just sandbox that momma. I'm doing the same later on, probably best with EA software!

+ rep to Zurechial for reminding me this could be done.

14. SB-1991

SB-1991 What's a Dremel?

I'm with Waynio on this. Damn peed off that rumours over data protection and Origin and that the game is too buggy to play. I've had it on pre-order since March 3rd! If the next Xbox or Playstation was out this year, that would be my gaming system from now on. But I can't buy a 3rd PS3 or 2nd Xbox, there will only be a couple of years use in it now.

If anyone gets word on EA and what info is gathered, could you please post it on here?

15. spectre456

spectre456 What's a Dremel?

Sign of the times.

Does this game even have Joystick support?

16. impar

impar Minimodder

17. yassarikhan786

yassarikhan786 Ultramodder(Not)

18. impar

impar Minimodder

Greetings!
    Yep.
    EA is defending it and the alterations it made.

yassarikhan786 likes this.
  19. Baz

Baz I work for Corsair

/concur.

<teacup><Storm></teacup>

20. uz1_l0v3r

uz1_l0v3r What's a Dremel?

I've never bought a game before where I had problems simply installing the damn thing. It took me all sodding evening to install BF3, when really it should have been a case of pop the disc in and let in do its work.

Tags: Add Tags