1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's my problem

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by angelus, 31 Oct 2011.

1. angelus

angelus What's a Dremel?

Hi All,
    Struggling with my PC a bit at the moment but then it is kinda old but was wondering if anyone could give me a good idea of what the problem is based on the information below.

So running

E4500 Stock cooler no overclock
    Foxconn Series 946GZ7MA-8KRS2H
    Inno3D 8500 GT 1GB DDR2
    2gb OCZ Copper DDR2
    HD: 82.35 GB primary and a 300.07 GB secondary connected via IDE
    400w psu

Using Chrome ad IE

Now whenever I watch videos be it on youtube or megavideo or anywhere else i get one of a few things. Either the page freezes when im trying to watch and it chrome tells me the shockwave thing has become unresponsive do i want to end it. Whether I end it or not the whole computer then freeze and stays frozen till I restart of gives me blue screen of death and restarts. Or when Ill watch for and suddenly decide to jump ahead and the same thing happens also when using photoshop for a while it can stick and then photoshop only will die and i got to restart.

Now to me this says hardware problem as ive got latest version of shockwave and flash player (doesnt seem to matter both videos cause pc to die eventually) and am on XP SP3. At least I hope its hardware dont know much about software but cant figure out what it is. Im thinking either GPU or HD but not sure which any help and what you think would be appreciated.

thanks

2. bsp

bsp Minimodder

As a quick check - might be worth ensuring your cables are correctly plugged in for your hard-disks.

Locking up/bluescreen under load sounds like CPU issues but it could also be your ram over-heating.

Check the temperatures whilst operating under load.

Also ensure that dust isn't shorting out your RAM connectors.

Let us know if you make any progress.

3. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

yep memtest or prime on blend.. should tell you a lot

4. angelus

angelus What's a Dremel?

thanks for the replies Ill give both those progs a go and see what happens and report back