1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other General Battlefield 3 discussion thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Otis1337, 8 Feb 2011.

1. Krazeh

Krazeh Minimodder

Latest Battlefield blog is saying Back to Karkand will be available next month. This is good news!!

2. Phalanx

Phalanx Needs more dragons and stuff.

Wake Island!

I jizzploded!

3. Redbeaver

Redbeaver The Other Red Meat

and a couple fixes are underway.

problem is, im still waiting for the client-side fixes. like fixing my broken UMP.

and battlelog looks neat now with the new filter, and play button right next on the server name.

4. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

Tried doing some Stinger/IGLA practice last night... Hoooooly! Absolutely obliterates unskilled pilots and puts even skilled ones on their toes. I feel a little dirty every time I get a missile lock and the poor pilot jumps the gun and flares immediately, basically signing his own death warrant. It's also extremely funny to get a missile lock on a transport helicopter and watch as the passengers bail out in the middle of nowhere!

A couple of question for those who may know the answers:
    -Am I supposed to be getting roadkill point bonuses for kills? The point ticker will often show "Vehicle Destroyed 50, Enemy Killed 100, Roadkill 10 (in small font), Enemy Killed 100, Roadkill 10, etc".
    -Are flares supposed to break target lock? Sometimes when an enemy uses flares my lock breaks, but sometimes its doesn't. I figure it might also be a result of the lock icon and sound vanishing while still actually locked, which has happened a couple times.
    -Does an empty Stinger/IGLA still give enemy jets/choppers the lock on noise? The weapon itself makes the noise and I was using it for awhile without ammo to scare choppers away, not sure it was really working or just placebo.

5. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Yes it is, December. This was confirmed some time ago.

6. Redbeaver

Redbeaver The Other Red Meat

BAM!

note: some maps have 7 (seven) Control Points :D

/jizz

Last edited: 4 Nov 2011
  7. Phalanx

Phalanx Needs more dragons and stuff.

I actually just came. That looks spectacular!

8. Orca

Orca What's a Dremel?

That Karkand trailer looks amazing! December can't come soon enough!!

9. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

*takes video to bathroom along with loo roll*

What?

10. keir

keir S p i t F i r e

**** yeah!

11. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

Wasn't it just, we're in for a treat!

12. yassarikhan786

yassarikhan786 Ultramodder(Not)

Bloody awesome :).

13. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

sorry ZiiP, will come on tomorrow, got carried away on another server.

new mumble details starting tomorrow, see my sig.

14. Vajra

Vajra What's a Dremel?

Having lots of fun with the game, but my only gripe is that a lot of the weapons seem pretty much underpowered on the whole whilst certain one's feel OP as hell (F2000!).

15. CanItRunSoldat?

CanItRunSoldat? What's a Dremel?

Afaik you shouldn't be receiving road kill bonuses for missile kills. Maaaaybe that the ones who bail out and are killed by the vehicle hitting them give you credit? Unsure. Edit: Looked it up and apparently it's the game thinking that people inside the vehicles when they crash have been road killed by you. Weird eh.

Flares work like smoke for spotting in terms of breaking lock, but I think flares are totally dependent on the angle you are looking at the aircraft. Same deal with missiles, if they don't have to travel through the flares to hit the aircraft they don't lose the target.

And I believe an empty weapon still gives the lock noise, as this is the case for helicopters with missiles, even after they've fired at you the lock noise is still present.

Last edited: 4 Nov 2011
  16. Bede

Bede Minimodder

And how old are you guys? o.0

I am loving this game though, especially as infantry or in the AA vehicle (I am death to jets and helicopters with my minigun of doom :D). AA missiles seem less effective against anyone who has flown a jet for more than half an hour, though it certainly distracts them. Also very nice to see enemy helis using the cover of hills and buildings to hide from you, gives me some hope for the general BF3 community ^^

17. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

They took all the fun of shotguns a way. I play a good hour in underground metro to get 20 kills. I think I got more with my claymores than I did with the DAO. They just aren't fun like in BC2. Maybe it will get better with slugs otherwise shotties can f-off

18. Telltale Boy

Telltale Boy Designated CPC Jetwhore

Some great games on the CPC server tonight, managed to annihilate a fair few tanks with my C4. :D

Also managed to unlock the Pecheneg but the recoil on this thing if frickin' insane, how do you manage it Naloac?

19. bagman

bagman Minimodder

Good games tonight, a lot of fun.

20. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

I whisper sweet nothings to it and caress it as it sends a hail of lead death towards my enemies and tears them asunder. It craves blood and demands fallen bodies, I supply the targets, it does the work.

The recoil is a monster, but it is very controllable once you learn how high it will lift. You can snap shot with it with great accuracy. I mean headshots at 300m with a good scope. Some like to use the foregrip, but for me it's bipod or nothing. Lay down short bursts with it unless there are more than 4 guys coming at you. Aim for the waist, the recoil will correct this to chest height in no time.

Stick with it, learn it, fall in love with it. :thumb: