1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Call of Duty: Elite delayed for PC

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 4 Nov 2011.

1. AceRimmer77

AceRimmer77 What's a Dremel?

Nail on the head dude, nail on the head :thumb:
    Bobby kotick really must be in dire straits if he even thought about charging PC gamers for such a service, the greedy B******.

2. dactone

dactone dact-one

have they actually looked at xbox and ps3 leaderboards ? there full people that have been boosting to get there . is that not cheating?

3. Marvin-HHGTTG

Marvin-HHGTTG CTRL + SHIFT + ESC

So, in other words: "We've delayed the PC version of Elite, and removed functionality, because after the farce of Black Ops, we decided to test a week before release, not after, and we've realised that most of it can't "just be ported" to PC, and we can't be arsed, so we'll make some statement about insecurity and **** to cover up."

I hope MW3 sells.

About 2 copies. (And it's COD4.2 really)

4. spectre456

spectre456 What's a Dremel?

VAC bans you after a few days, not years. Where the heck did you hear this?

I was honestly going to consider this game for a purchase since they put dedis back in but they honestly don't give a damn about the PC crowd and were only doing that to have something against bf3.

Elite doesn't even get all the full features that the consoles get and the dedis are all unranked anyway. Why the hell would i play on the p2p ranked matches when dedis have everything unlocked already?

My biggest problem is that they treat the PC crowd like second class citizens but will gladly charge the same price for their game and dlc as the console version. wtf is up with that?

5. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

A few day's are you joking, VAC ban's take anything up to 2 year's to actually ban people if it ban's them at all because it just barely detect's cheat's, used but ban's people for using a piece of software on MW2 to show the Lag Meter, and also then ban's thousand's of people for nothing.

Then you see people who have been using cheat's ever since the release day of MW2 and Black Op's and they are still playing the game today still, using cheat's because VAC has not banned them even when there is concrete evidence that show's they are cheating as in sat, in the middle of a map doing 360 degree turn's while shooting getting nothing but headshots.

VAC is all automated and they won't tell you why you have been banned or what has triggered the ban, meaning that they can just ban for no reason because of they want you to buy the game again, not that they would but they could.

Gone are the day's when you can log in to a Call Of Duty game and be 99% sure you aint gonna run in to a cheater.

As for the P2P system I never had a problem with it on MW2 simply because I was 99% of the time the host, and no one ever complained of lag because of my connection and my pc.

As I say though someone will surely get the Dedicated server's to rank you up, I mean what happend with MW2 and AlterIWnet, and nearly no one was banned for using that.

Sorry but VAC is a joke and is about as much use as a chocolate fire guard.

As for the Elite well they said month's ago they were struggling with it for the pc because of all the cheaters.

As for people saying about this being a console port, yeah it is but so is Battlefield 3 and you can tell that when you look at the difference in graphic's compared to Crysis and as far as I am concerend Crysis look's better than Battlefield 3 and that games is 4 or 5 years old.

6. Arkanrais

Arkanrais What's a Dremel?

Hey, Activision. Security for your game is only as good as YOU make it. If it's unsecure, it's your fault and you're not doing your damn job properly.
    Oh, and try not to lump all PC gamers together and penalise us all for a few ****-heads that think wallhacks and aimbots are kosher.

7. Jezcentral

Jezcentral Minimodder

This. (Which also means you can buy it cheaper elsewhere.)

8. spectre456

spectre456 What's a Dremel?

I refuse to believe your "2 years to ban" statement unless you provide proof. We would simply be overrun by hackers if that was the case.

i hardly see hackers in Black Ops. Perhaps 3 or four out of the 250+ hours I've played. i"ve only tried mw2 for about 60+ hours and i hardly see hackers as well which is surprising. i've seen more hacked lobbies than hacking players.

9. scott_chegg

scott_chegg Minimodder

All the recent COD games have been steamworks games. Don't buy it off steam. Buy a retail box from someone else cheaper than steam then add the key to steam and download. That way you don't have to keep the DVD in the drawer. I've never had bad download speed from steam. Have you checked which server location your pointed at?

10. Res

Res What's a Dremel?

They do have a point, and I'm glad they are taking it seriously, and I hope they attempt to fight all manner of cheating on the PC version of the game (VAC is fine on a very basic level, but they need a small team of people on the case full time to really keep cheaters in order).

People can and will manipulate the stats and leaderboards on the PC version and there will be many, many cheaters. If they take fighting all this seriously (which I have little faith they will) they will fully regain my trust, as very few PC devs put in any effort to combat cheating online.

Probably all talk, though.

11. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

I say 2 year's because a player I know was cheating, was banned by VAC for using a cheat on MW2 and he had over 700 hours on that game, and was banned for using a cheat on Black Op's after having about 450 hour's of game time on that.

It's not hard to find them when you go looking for those people on various forum's.

As for the speed of downloading I have, changed my server in Steam to Manchester, London and other's and never get more than 48mb download speed's, unyet I go to Origin or anywhere else and I get 100mb straight away.

12. Tangster

Tangster Butt-kicking for goodness!

Oh god...48Ms/s that's terrible. I feel really sorry for you. I can't even game online when I'm back home on the university breaks, the internet is lucky to get 1-2mb/s.

13. Eiffie

Eiffie What's a Dremel?

I LOVE CHIP'S CHALLENGE! Boy does that game bring back memories. My favorite were the Venus Flytraps that chased chip around the levels!

14. LedHed

LedHed What's a Dremel?

"The issue here is that the PC is an insecure platform,"

Are you joking? The issue here is your own software security.

15. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

Or leaderboards for any console game for that matter. PCs are somewhat more vulnerable to external hacks (think aimbots) but all systems are vulnerable to in-game exploits which require no external intervention (think glitching through walls). Someone finds an exploit in the game itself and they'll abuse it until it's fixed in a patch, often times reaching the top of the leaderboard by such a large margin that fair players never catch up.

16. SexyHyde

SexyHyde Minimodder

Every system has cheats. I have a friend who has been banned from playstation network or what ever it is for hacking. I also know a guy who is a prolific xbox hacker who had their xbox live account banned after 4 years of cheating, only for them to reinstate it a few days later saying they made a mistake and gave him 3-6 months xbox live for free. I know some people that use macros on pc but hardcore cheaters I have only really seen on cs1.6 years ago and cod but I've not seen many hackers on tf2 which is a steam game so don't go trolling that point.

17. Bede

Bede Minimodder

Leaderboards are irrelevant in any online game. The only people who top them are those weird clans who like stat-padding. Just have a look at the BF3 leaderboards after less than a week. That said, MW3 is looking less and less relevant, which is a shame as the gameplay looks to be a direct improvement on COD4.

18. Magizi

Magizi What's a Dremel?

How come Activision doesn't use Blizzard's battle.net service, aren't they supposed to be allies?
    B.net is not only secure, its also lag free, punishes cheaters with permanent bans and also has an awesome matchmaking system to pit players against similar skill levels.

19. Th3Maverick

Th3Maverick What's a Dremel?

When it doesn't sell well on PC because of this fiasco and BF3 owning their asses, they're going to blame the PC community and use it as an excuse to not release future MW's on the platform.

20. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

1-2 mb and you cannot game?

Please tell me you are on a xbox rather than pc because I remember gaming on a old 56k dial up modem with ping's of over 100ms to a server in the UK, nevermind trying to play on a server that was in another country.

And yeah 48mb is a joke when you have a 100mb connection but, a service will not let you use it fully because there servers are heavily overloaded, which is why unless a game is at a real cheap price on Steam I will alway's buy the disc's, or unless like with MW3 I only pay for the CD Key and redeem it on Steam.

I paid £22 for BF3 LE with all the little add on's and the map pack.
    I have paid £20 for MW3.

I can put up with the "slow" download's when I save myself 50% of the price of the game.

Tags: Add Tags