1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other General Battlefield 3 discussion thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Otis1337, 8 Feb 2011.

1. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

come on the CPC server, if you dare :naughty:

at least keep 1 bolt action for taking out those deployed LMG users. agree about other two :thumb:

2. CanItRunSoldat?

CanItRunSoldat? What's a Dremel?

Just had an awesome game on OP-firestorm. We were defending and I wedged a tank in by A, right by the crate. Was hilarious because the enemy pilots were complaining that we had no tanks, whilst all their infantry were being cut down by my HMG coax :rock:

3. Redbeaver

Redbeaver The Other Red Meat

remember, in HC, the MAV is not as useful as Normal mode, where a complete noob can just fly it way up there, hit Q on everything without a blue doritoes, and nearly ALL enemies suddenly pop-up in the whole team's HUD and minimap.

dont have time to scan or want to shoot ur rifle? drop it in a roof and it will act as a motion sensor. do ur thing and u can come back to it again.

MAV is OP. but its very unrewarded.

exactly.

scope speed doesn't matter with INRV becoz of its godly distance. take Damavand Peak for example. indoor, all u need to do is hold the RMB and all infantries in ur POV lights up like a christmas tree. outdoor is even more ridicolous. i can spot a sniper ACROSS the valley and semi-auto my PKP to take him out. i can spot camper hiding in the weirdest place, and easily take them out before they can spot me. and people call me a hacker.

in terms of close quarter (such as Team DeathMatch) all i did is hold the scope. just keep it on. anything light up? spray with PKP.

even better, why zoom out at all when i can easily set it to toggle and just play with INRV? it may not be the prettiest gameplay but holy hell does it redefine easy mode.

and dont start with HC mode.... lol PKP single shot + INRV = ownage.

bottom line, i think INRV is fine for close quarter (anything <50m). u do need 100 kills with any weapon and it can hurt ur eye if u toggle it ON all the time.

problem is medium to long range. after 50m, the contrast *should* start to fade. by 75m, it should be a complete blur. or even less distance.

oh and while i'm at it, RPG splash damage is fine. its the goddamn reloading time is completely unbalanced for the power it unleashes. make it twice or triple the time it needs, and u got a perfect "nerf".

tbh id be completely disappointed if i have to play a game where an RPG rocket does next to nothing to infantry soldier...

4. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

Nerfing the RPG's reload speed is a really bad idea IMO. That would make it even more useless for killing tanks (the thing it's actually meant to be doing)

5. Redbeaver

killing tank is already too easy in this game IMHO :(

2 hits and its disabled. 3 hits at the right spot and it'll blow up. even with the repair perk.

in BF2, 3 RPG hits and tank walks off like a boss......

...the stationary rocket though... that **** packs alot of punch. so they might need to buff up those TOW launcher in BF3.

beside, most engineers that shoot an RPG to a tank don't just stand around.... a half-decent tank driver can see the direction the shot came from. so engie gotta work around hiding and waiting for the next best angle. all the time can be used while reloading.

what do u expect? engineer to be able to stand toe-to-toe with a tank? :duh:

in case u said 'yes', tank should be able to go toe-to-toe with 2, maybe 3 engineers. not 1.

6. Bede

Bede Minimodder

Meh, I just wish they'd equip the tanks with anti-rocket systems like the Trophy system :D

7. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

This. In the court of public opinion the IRNV seems to need a nerf. Simple fact is that when a weapon or item is too powerful more people will use it (wow I'm so good with this gun!11!!!!) and when a weapon is bad people don't use it (this gun sux0rs I am way better than this!11!!). Take a peak around, IRNV is used far more than it reasonably should be. Red dot, ACOG, holo, these are common and typical scopes, they're meant to be some of the most frequently used as they have the most applications (and also take the least kills to unlock). The specialty IRNV is meant to fulfill a specific role and as such should be less common (and takes 100 kills), but it's not. You see people out in the daytime in an open street using it not to see in the dark, not to see through smoke, but to see people in plain day! Its applications stretch beyond its role.

Similarly, look at weapons like the SCAR-H. It's disproportionaly used compared to other weapons. Personally, I'd like to point out the starting Support weapons: how many people do you see using those? They have seemingly no role once you've unlocked the later Support weapons as they don't do higher damage, don't seem noticably more accurate, and hold less than half the rounds of all the unlockable weapons.

People are noobs for using it exactly as intended? Regardless of mode they'll pop up on the mini-map with mini-map spotting on and with 3D spotting on people must have line of sight to the spotted enemies to see the orange Dorito. Remember that in each of the different modes enemies have all of the same advantages and disadvantages, in Normal with 3D spotting on your MAV will be a bright orange marker in the sky just waiting to get shot.

Yes, in the right situations an engineer should be able to take on a tank. If you're letting a single engineer get three rockets off against the rear of your tank you've already failed as a tank driver.

Being in a tank shouldn't mean you're some unstoppable bringer of death, it means you have certain advantages and disadvantages compared to being on foot. You trade weakness to explosives for heightened movement speed, immunity to bullets, and massive firepower. Learn to watch for mines, don't drive into urban areas where enemy engineers can hide and wait, don't drive off without the support of allies. Hmm, starting to sound like real life tank tactics here!

wyx087 likes this.
  8. Redbeaver

no, i didnt mean using it as intended is a noob. its a GREAT way to use. its even better that its VERY EASY to use. hence i use the term noob. :D

but.... in reality of all the games i played
    1. normal mode = 3d spotting = doritoes stay on as long as the spotter maintain an eye sight. meaning, if the MAV can see it, your whole team can see it. even if the team dont' have direct eye contact. 99% sure.
    too many times i know enemies behind a wall or inside a building coz MAV spot it. so i just storm in and clear it EASILY. i use it alot this way too.
    2. the bright orange marker in the sky is not easy to shoot unless u got a stinger. except for Seine where MAV ceiling is limited, in Firestorm or Tehran, MAV will fly far enough, and just hover left-and-right enough that no infantry can shoot it. unless it stopped for a while and u unload PKP on it. 4 out of 5 times i use it, i stop becoz i get killed, not becoz MAV get killed.

MAV is OP.

hmmmm i dunno.

its hard to bring real life tactics when u can sprint and jump around while reloading an RPG. or not getting suppresed when a tank shell just flew right by your head.

a tank should not have a weakness for explosives.
    it does, however, have a mobility weakness just enough that an agile and well placed RPG can deal enough damage to destroy it.
    see the difference?

if u got a single engineer fired 3 rockets on ur rear armor, i agree, u fail as a tank driver.

but when 2 engineers simultanously shoot an RPG at your side panels, it shouldnt immediately disable the tank. when u duel cowboy-style with a tank, u shouldn't have a reload only slightly slower than a tank; enabling you to shoot one, at the side, and by the time the tank rotate its turret, u can hit another one, disable it and run. that's a little.... "rambo" to my taste.

in the right situation, yes, one engineer should be able to handle a tank. but it has to be a damn good engineer.

i understand where ur coming, but RPG could use a slightly slower reload to reduce the incentive of using it against infantry as often as it is right now. it has the accuracy of a sniper rifle, reload faster than LMG, and the splash damage can destroy a whole squad.

i dont want the damage to be reduced coz they need that against tanks, BUT i disagree that currently its useless against tanks.
    bottom line, longer reloading will reduce it against infantry but it would hardly have any effect against tanks and their slow moving nature.

just my 2c of course :rock:

on another note:
    haygen_ nick k
    @Demize99 Dig the taclight change, any tuning going on with the IR Scope?
    8 Nov Favorite Retweet Reply

@Demize99
    Alan Kertz
    @haygen_ Yes.:eeek:

Last edited: 10 Nov 2011
  9. Mongoose132

Mongoose132 Duckmad

:clap:

10. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

11. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

What's the difference between the M16A3 and M16A4? Because when I click on the A4 (which I've not unlocked yet), it just goes to the M16A3 page.

Is it just like the M4A1 and M4? i.e. no difference?

12. Bede

Bede Minimodder

Idk, I've been wondering about that too. You also seem to 'unlock' it again later on, except this time it has a Russian flag next to it. I think it's unlock fatigue - they couldn't be bothered to put more guns in so they didn't.

13. Stewb

Stewb What's a Dremel?

The one with the Russian flag means that you can use it when playing as a Russian. Every class unlocks both starting weapons for each class eventually.

14. Silver51

Silver51 I cast flare!

Just a heads up; Nvidia GeForce 285.79 Beta Drivers for Win7 and Win Vista 64bit.

http://www.geforce.com/Drivers/Results/39239

"Includes several bug fixes and performance improvements for Battlefield 3.

Fixes cases of irregular performance (stuttering) primarily seen on DirectX 10 GPUs. The fix improves the performance of both DX10 and DX11 GPUs.
    Fixes shadow map corruption seen with DirectX 10 GPUs.
    Fixes cases of black corruption lines/triangles with DirectX 10 GPUs."

15. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Cool, but I want those goddamn screen colour flashes fixed!

16. Hamfunk

Hamfunk I AM KROGAN!

One should have burst fire and the other full automatic fire, that is the difference. Although thats whats i gathered from wikipedia and didnt bother to test in game!

17. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

Yeah that's a real pain in the arse.

18. thefriscokid

thefriscokid why s**t so crazy?

m16a3 is fully automatic/single shot
    m16a4 is semi automatic/single shot
    m4a1 is fully automatic/single shot
    m4 semi automatic/single shot

A4 and M4 are available to both sides and use the unlocks from the A3 and A1. They also use the same stats and unlock progression tree for the A3 and A1.

Last edited: 10 Nov 2011
  19. Zurechial

Zurechial Elitist

Unlocked the G3A3. I no longer care about any other Assault Rifle, ever.

Slow RPM and small magazine (20) but the thing is an absolute beast, especially in HC mode. Fantastic long-range accuracy too in semi-auto mode - Though it's really easy to tap off single shots without changing the firing mode anyway because of the RPM.
    It has its weaknesses, but it's easily my new favourite weapon.

20. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

I have been using the Scar-h a lot answer find you can fire a smaller amount of rounds with out changing from five rounds to.single just by not holding down the mb when firing, better accuracy. Though i do get a little eager at times. Going to switch weapon tonight to get a varied experience.

Sent from Bittech Android app