1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 10 Nov 2011.

1. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

There were plenty of them on BF2. Give it time, I'm sure they'll save up their pocketmoney and migrate. Although, it'd be a breath of fresh air if they didn't; because I do sometimes miss MP.

Teelzebub likes this.
  2. Andyh_Lufc

Andyh_Lufc What's a Dremel?

Great review! So refreshing to see an honest take on the game and seeing it for what it really is. Kudos.

3. Guinness

Guinness What's a Dremel?

Is more of the same such a crime? Must every game bring something innovative? The only thing mw2 got wrong was the lack of dedicated servers. P2p meant games were laggy, the host had a major advantage and there were no admin to kick hackers so they ran amuck.
    If all they did was to add dedi-servers and new maps I'd be happy.

I understand why the review is negative. Our pc gamer pride is hurt because this is yet another console port, we dislike the lack of ranked dedicated servers and the aging engine that fails to push our ridiculously expensive new graphics card to the limit. But truth be told, the game is a lot of fun (mp)!

And let's be honest, if it had followed the BF3 route we would have criticised it for leaving behind its roots and copying the competition.

4. Guinness

Guinness What's a Dremel?

They are :D I agree, totally different styles, and why can't we enjoy both?

5. musicrab

musicrab What's a Dremel?

Love the metacritic user score. "Overwhelming dislike"

Teelzebub likes this.
  6. MRHONGKONGDAVE

MRHONGKONGDAVE What's a Dremel?

I play BF3 on PC and MW2 on PS3 (not bought MW3 yet) as COD is more suited to console play.

I have to say that at least once per session I get a private message on COD after sniping someone calling me a camper bitch or camper nerd!!!!!! It's so funny winding them up afterwards, the whole camping debate makes me laugh especially on COD, self-preservation makes people angry!!!

I have not had one comment on BF3 (YET!!!) as I think most players have there place within the game. Whether you are into vehicles, run-gunning, CQC, support or sniping everyone falls into their role and that is what we like most about the game. IMO

Teelzebub likes this.
  7. KiNETiK

KiNETiK What's a Dremel?

I hope this review will be submitted to metacritic to balance out the ridiculously high scores that some 'professional' reviewers gave this game.

8. David

That means absolutely squat. More than likely caused by haters spamming metacritic again.

Teelzebub likes this.
  9. KiNETiK

KiNETiK What's a Dremel?

But perhaps it balances out some of the 100% scores that some critic reviews gave it the very second it came out!

Teelzebub likes this.
  10. David

I doubt it will result in a fair balance though, which makes Metacritic a pointless metric to use.

Teelzebub likes this.
  11. yassarikhan786

yassarikhan786 Ultramodder(Not)

A nice and fair review. I'll be sticking to BF3 and have no intention of playing the MW3 multiplayer. I might try out the single player when the game's down in price.

Teelzebub likes this.
  12. KiNETiK

KiNETiK What's a Dremel?

Yea true. To be honest I am very sceptical about Metacritic. Half the time user reviews seem to be people trolling or just knocking down a score because they can, even if they haven't even played the game. With the critic reviews, its the opposite. If your a small review site, give a game 100% so that you are right at the top of the list of reviews and watch traffic flow to your site.. Easy peasy! I guess there is a wider concern over user reviews in all areas of the internet - trip advisor, google reviews etc..

13. t.y.wan

t.y.wan What's a Dremel?

They said they were going to improve, they said they were going to have dedicated servers, they said they would incorporate to the community's suggestions. They said a lot of other things too
    BUT THEY DIDN'T. They don't want to change, they just don't care if the game is good or not. They would lie and make promises that won't be happening for money.

Teelzebub likes this.
  14. LeMaltor

LeMaltor >^_^

BF3 should of got the same treatment, but I'm proud of myself for not buying this :)

15. capmoq

capmoq What's a Dremel?

Haha right IN THE FACE of MW3 fanboys xD. I love it.

16. David

How very helpful. :rolleyes:

adidan and Teelzebub like this.
  17. Bauul

Bauul Sir Bongaminge

The review isn't negative - it got 55%, which is "a bit above average". Given it's basically the same as MW2, I think that's more than fair.

Personally I'll definitely be picking this up for the single player some time in the new year. I rather enjoyed the campaign of MW1 and MW2, in a silly over-the-top way, so when the price is down to something sensible I'll definitely pick it up.

I actually don't think I'll get BF3 though - I have so many awesome SP games to get through over the next few months once I upgrade my PC in December (not to mention Skyrim's probable length!), I just don't think I'll have time to play its MP.

18. Hovis

Hovis What's a Dremel?

This review covers my exact sentiments towards MW2. I get the sense that basically the difference between a 100% and a 50% score for a MW game is whether you're bored of it or not. And I say it, not them, as they've all been basically the same game.

19. chemo

chemo True Jungle Brother

good on you for not just slapping a 90%+ score on it just because its call of duty.

20. capmoq

capmoq What's a Dremel?

Haha I just couldn't help it. They build up such a big hype but they failed big time. I'm not a hater but it's funny to watch such things to happen. I would have laughed at BF3 fanboys aswell but apparently BF3 rocks.

Tags: Add Tags