1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Battlefield 3 Performance Analysis

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by arcticstoat, 10 Nov 2011.

1. Dwarfer

Dwarfer What's a Dremel?

WOW I love this article and the amount of details gone into explaining the settings, comparing cards, processors etc.

So I hope i read this right, setting Ultra with no AA will see a dramatic improvement over FPS but also see the same/similar if using High?

2. Bungletron

Bungletron Minimodder

Really great article, the kind of comprehensive detail concisely summarised for all to understand. The baseline choice of GTX 560 ti and HD 6950 at 1080p (although I am biased) seems like a much better in depth view compared to those chosen by other sites (eg a GTX 580 and GTX 580 SLI comparison I saw, what really?). Obviously you want to see baseline stats in the mainstream, where users with older or more budget cards can consider a sensible upgrade and at the same time will reassure performance enthusiasts with top end hardware that they can dial in max settings with impunity, bravo! :thumb:

3. Baz

Baz I work for Corsair

Correct, with a modern GPU they'll perform pretty much the same (one/two fps difference)

4. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

I run a 570 at 1200p. At that res, for a smooth 50-60fps (essential for MP) I run High with 2xAA or Ultra with 0xAA and FXAA on high.

5. YEHBABY

YEHBABY RIP Tel

Bit-tech, great article, but are you going to look at the best performance settings for DX10 cards like my aging Nvidia GTX280?

6. trig

trig god's little mistake

lot of 5850 owners laughing their a$$es off right now, happy they didn't upgrade...and to some extent gtx460 owners...good article...

7. MRHONGKONGDAVE

MRHONGKONGDAVE What's a Dremel?

I'm running a GTX 590 at 2560 x 1440 and it's a little bit glitchy on ultra, I'll have a fiddle now using some of the advice on here. Cheers guys.

On another note is anyone else having problems with the game crashing out? BF3 has stopped working?!?!?

What a pain. By the way Bit-Tech new drivers are out today from nvidia!

8. runadumb

runadumb What's a Dremel?

Yours works in eyefinity okay? Myself and many others have a problem with the UI. The spot icons and names don't appear above above players heads.
    Also things like "Press R/spacebar"don't show up in the singleplayer. Which lead to much confusion at the very start of the game for me as I couldn't figure out how to remove the stupid shotgun from the door until cardjoe told me.

I use Nvidia surround but going by the thread about it in the support forums its exactly the same on eyefinity. Only difference being I can't even play at 1920x1080p as the whole menu disappears! *sigh*
    I have been killed so many times because I was unsure if someone was friend or foe. So many god damn times. I swear when this is fixed i'm going to own as its made me a better player, but in the meantime I will still kill the odd teammate and get slaughtered by a tank I run up to thinking its one of mine.

9. Floyd

Floyd Wire Twister

Thanks for the 1080p graphs. Sucks that people that have the higher res monitors complain about 1080p so it gets ditched.
    Game runs great set to HIGH with my "old" 275GTX cards. Guess I dont need an upgrade afterall.
    Im still waiting for a game to bring these GPUs to their knees so I can upgrade.

10. bdigital

bdigital Is re-building his PC again

Have you tried dirt 3 or witcher 2 on max? They are quite hungrey and troubled my old 460

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

11. Tokukachi

Tokukachi Minimodder

I'm running a 5770, I5-760 with 4gb or ram and i've been getting a constant 40-50fps + while playing MP on Medium. I was planning to pick up a 560 Ti, but it runs so well I haven't bothered and I'll now wait for the 600/7000 Series cards to come out.

12. greigaitken

greigaitken Minimodder

how did you guys choose low/medium/high ambient occlusion, i only get ssao, hbao or off

13. aLtikal

aLtikal 1338-One step infront of the pro's

My 5770 Vapor X overclocked with a Q6700 seems to run the game fine on medium, and some levels it handled ultra lol. Oddddd

14. Redbeaver

Redbeaver The Other Red Meat

15. Floyd

Floyd Wire Twister

Yup I have dirt3 on the PC and it worked great with everything maxxed out.
    People underestimate the power of the old 275s in SLI ;)
    I might wait for the 600 series before I upgrade.

16. braincake

braincake What's a Dremel?

aim running a phenom x2@4ghz 8gb of ram and a gtx 470 soc but im getting much lower minimum framerates that the 560 in these benchmarks, itll be running fine and suddenly ill turn around or something and the framerate plummets, its really wierd

17. sp4nky

sp4nky BF3: Aardfrith WoT: McGubbins

I get those on my 6870. I thought it was on the way out so was considering what to get as a replacement. This thread has got me thinking about a GTX 590 and a bigger screen to make it worthwhile.

18. Baz

Baz I work for Corsair

Those are the presets, so low =none, medium = SSAO and high and ultra = HBAO. hope that clears it up!

19. Baz

Baz I work for Corsair

Are you in multiplayer? Our benchmark is specifically stated to be a scripted part of the single player; the multiplayer is obviously much more dynamic, and in places more demanding.

20. SaNdCrAwLeR

SaNdCrAwLeR What's a Dremel?

erm... guys? hello?
    <-- is running BF3 on High at 1920x1080p on a 460GTX 1GB at 60fps...
    o_O
    erm...
    did someone divide by zero at the BT offices?
    specs:
    A8-3850
    8GB RAM DDR3 - 1600MHz - G.Skill Ripjaws
    Palit Sonic 460GTX 1GB - factory OC
    well it's either that or the damned thing is running on Medium and I just didn't notice?
    will check when I get home from work!

Tags: Add Tags