1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 10 Nov 2011.

1. NuTech

NuTech Minimodder

Just finished the single player campaign with a friend. Really enjoyed it. It was short (4hrs 30min) but I really appreciate a game that has closure. Too many sequels these days try so desperately to leave the ending open for yet another instalment in the franchise, that they forget basic storytelling skills.

That said, no interest in the multiplayer. I personally prefer more deliberately paced MP games like Mount & Blade and (very occasionally) Battlefield.

It's a shame, because had I not played it with a friend, I don't think I would have bought MW3. Can't justify the high retail price for a ~4hr campaign, even if it's really good dumb fun. Hopefully Activision starts selling the SP separately one day, but I doubt it.

2. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

The SP gets shorter with each installment :jawdrop:

I'm more than happy with BF3, for my warfare gaming at the moment, but I will pick up MW3 if the price ever drops to a reasonable level.

3. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

Good lord! If I pay £40 for a four-hour experience, it better involve at least one person getting naked.

I will probably grab this if/when it decreases in price, though. As has been pointed out repeatedly, these new installments aren't bad, just bad value for money. Given enough of a price drop, they're well worth visiting.

But £40? Good lord. I really can't get past how much they ask for so little. It was the icing on the cake when, after the success of MW2, they retroactively increased the price of MW1 again, from its steadily dwindling value of around £10 back up to £25-30. That told me all I needed to know about Activision.

4. briinthesky

briinthesky What's a Dremel?

I am sorry I cannot agree with most of you!
    I have enjoyed every COD game since the beginning and find MW3 to be just as good and just what I wanted it to be. I also like BF3 and BF bad company two! I think instead of panning things we should be grateful there is something worth buying and hope they continue to produce good stuff as I don't see much else worthy of mention!

5. kol

kol What's a Dremel?

buy the daily star newspaper today and skip to the game review section, his review is uber lol.

6. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

how do you sleep at night knowing you've willingly given money to this man?

[​IMG]

no really i would like to know

yassarikhan786 likes this.
  7. yassarikhan786

yassarikhan786 Ultramodder(Not)

Hahahahaha^^

8. impar

impar Minimodder

Greetings!

9. mrb_no1

mrb_no1 Pie Eater

i've not commented on anything in b-t recently due to my overall dissatisfaction of the quality in reviews...

man have you made me eat my words. Finally someone has stood up to cod and seen it for what it is....small, flaccid and boring. I actually paid to play one once because people at work said it was soooo good back in 2009, a week later I'd played extensively the wide range of maps, leveled to 70 and was getting bored of people who got kill streaks and pwned the map with the air support which was entirely unbalanced IMO. BF3 has taken its time but it pushes forward rather than sitting on a cash cow like Activision. Respect to the reviewers for doing it....now I cant really be bothered to write much more as I have an itching to get back to bf3 ;-P

peace

fatman

10. Chowley

Chowley What's a Dremel?

Best review ever! Its nice to see an honest review on a COD game. :)

11. Dwarfer

Dwarfer What's a Dremel?

Not according to the reviews/stats

12. impar

impar Minimodder

13. Noob?

Noob? What's a Dremel?

Still to play this, have to catch up on BF3.

14. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

15. chemo

chemo True Jungle Brother

you may have that opinion on BF3 but you cant exactly say BF3 hasnt tried to move things forward. i defy anyone to put mw3 and bf3 side by side and say bf3 isnt better in every possible field.
    i sound like a fan boy but its really hard not to when comparing these two games, unfortunately the cod fanboys are lapping it up and its breaking records yet again for a re-re-released pos.

16. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

17. 3lusive

3lusive Minimodder

If you buy a Call of Duty game for the single player, that's your problem :p. Single players on cod are always linear-driven crap, always. It is all about the multiplayer.

Seriously though, if you put as many hours into an online FPS as I do (over 1000 with MW2), £40 is NOTHING :).

18. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

COD multiplayer is screen wide hit boxes and twitch kills - perfect for 12 year olds on conoles - not so much for pc players who expect more.

19. Dwarfer

Dwarfer What's a Dremel?

That hasn't always being the case. If you go back and play COD in it's early stages... COD 1 & 2 the SP on both games is amazing!

20. woods

woods What's a Dremel?

I have not played either game but have played BFBC2, CODMW2, the thing is two of the most respected gaming magazines Game tm and edge both gave higher scores to CODMW3
    over BF3.

As I said i have not played either game could these scores be for console only
    versions or could your score be unfairly low.

I've only really disagreed with one of your scores FNV
    which Ithought was a bit low

Keep up the good reviews anyway

Tags: Add Tags