1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming InMomentum Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by arcticstoat, 14 Nov 2011.

1. arcticstoat

arcticstoat Minimodder

2. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead It's big, and it's clever.

Sod this... where's the Sandy Bridge E review?

;)

Sorry.... carry on.

3. Siwini

Siwini What is 4+no.5?

What is this?

Last edited: 14 Nov 2011
  4. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Edit: posting error.

5. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

Thanks guys. This is what drives us to work weekends, mornings and evenings in the hope of bringing you as high-quality editorial opinion and consumer advice as we can muster every day of the year for free; the fact that you appreciate our work and are willing to elevate yourself above the dregs of the internet with a civil tone. You don't create accounts on the forums just to insult, belittle or question the work we do; if it's not up to the high standards we impose on each other you'll give measured and valuable feedback that we can use to shape and support the site we all love and use (and have done for many years).

But, yeah, dismissal and unfunny smileys work too.

adidan likes this.
  6. adidan

Edit: posting error.

7. scott_chegg

scott_chegg Minimodder

Wow. I started reading this and was thinking this is looking like a gotta buy! Mirrors edge in Tron world. Great!

Hope this gets a second look review when it's finished.

8. Everydayoddity

Everydayoddity What's a Dremel?

Gah, that first screenshot gave me the Mirrors Edge-Chills... Gutted that the game itself isn't good enough to live up to ME. How many maps are there, enough to keep you going for a couple of hours? For the price of a couple of pints, might be worth it if the mechanics are sound. Also, how exactly is the MP meant to work? (I assume you only know the theory if nobody is out there to play it with!).

On a wider note, how frustrating is it to be constantly writing (and in our case reviewing) reviews of games where the conclusion is: 'If only they finished the game, it'd be twice as good' due to lack of content and day 0 bugs? Is there now an argument for running two reviews of the same game, one on release and one two months or so down the line, when everything is working as it should have been? For example, is Red Orchestra 2 now an 80% game, rather than the 60% it was giving on day 1?

9. adidan

That's a fair point TBH.

Fortunately I'm quite tight so I often get titles further down the line which means by the time I load it up patches are already available. This shouldn't have to be the case though, no matter how much a title costs.

I guess minor bugs you can forgive to some degree, so long as they're minor and infrequent. A major bug or too many small bugs can completely remove the playability of a title and that is, afterall, the main component of any game.

10. Everydayoddity

Everydayoddity What's a Dremel?

I'm exactly the same, the last game I've bought on release day was Half Life 2! Problem is though, even if it is 3 months later that I buy the game, I'm still reading release-day reviews, not ones that take into account whether or not the problems have been fixed. Another one is Dead Island. I'd love to pick that up, but am worried about doing so because the people I trust on games (read: Joe) haven't said 'yeah this one's worth a play now'

11. Pookeyhead

I'll assume that was aimed at me.

It was a joke - I have no comment on the game in question, or the quality of your review because I have not yet read it. I'll also add that I made no comment on the game, or the quality of the review at the time I made my post either.

My comment was because thousands of people were waiting with baited breath for the SB E news once NDA was listed, and the first thing to appear was this review of a game.

[​IMG]

I found it amusing.

Quite frankly, I'm a little bemused by the overly defensive and retaliatory tone, and horrified by you implying I am the "dregs of the internet". I can only imagine this was aimed at me as there is nothing else in this thread that would provoke such a response. If it was aimed at me, I am now this >-< close to sacking off this forum for good. I don't come here to get insulted by the ****ing staff!

...or have I misunderstood something here?

12. will_123

will_123 Small childs brain in a big body

I had a giggle at the whole situation tbh. Get over it and don't be so childish.

13. Pookeyhead

I have. I still expect an apology though. I won't hold my breath waiting however.

Tags: Add Tags