1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Peripherals Mouse to replace habu

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by flaming_goat, 19 Nov 2011.

1. flaming_goat

flaming_goat What's a Dremel?

Have had a second hand Microsoft habu for about a year but it is messing up (double clicking and stuff). I liked the shape a lot better than the roccat kone i had before which also broke.

The deathadder seems a similar shape, but it dosent really feel like an upgrade as it dosent have dpi adjustment. Otherwise there is the mamba, but that is insanely expensive:eeek:.

i have seen a second hand mamba for around £65 which seems good, but I am really aiming to spend around 30. Anyone know if the mamba is worth it or any other ideas:idea:?

2. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

Why don't you RMA the mouse?

3. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

2000->3500 dpi is not a upgrade ? DPI adjustment button is at bottom of the mouse. Or in drivers. And black edition has much better side material, similar to the the top.

@GoodBytes: maybe it is out of warranty ?

4. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

It has a 3 year warranty. I doubt the mouse is THAT old.

5. IvanIvanovich

IvanIvanovich будет глотать вашу душу.

But they purchased 2nd hand, so it may be tougher to get the warranty honored. I would recommend the Logitech g100. Yes it is a 'basic' mouse and you say what is so special about it? How about no prediction/angle snapping/correction/drift control? Now *that* is some amazing features for gaming.
    The downside? It's not available outside the Asian market yet, so you will need to use a reshipping service to get it. But it is well under budget at approximately 17gbp.

Last edited: 20 Nov 2011
  6. faugusztin

Habu is late 2006 product. So yes, his mouse can be THAT old.

7. flaming_goat

The habu is way out of warranty unfortunately, and my friend has one as well with the same issue, so i'm not to keen to get another.

I use the dpi switching quite a bit and being on the bottom of the mouse seems a bit useless on the deathadder. I also couldn't be without the backwards and forward buttons like on g100. Im not really sure what your getting at with the

The mamba has the buttons I want and a nice shape, but i don't really care for the dpi, i didn't notice after i switched down from the kone with 3200 to the habu. also ive never had a wireless mouse so i dont know what that would be like.

8. IvanIvanovich

IvanIvanovich будет глотать вашу душу.

What that means is there is absolutely NO correction in your movements. You move, it moves end of story. It does not try to interpret your movement and make a best guess like 98% of mice available. It does not try to be smart and predict what you are trying to do. If you move diagonal it is smooth and does not do a jerky stepping motion. It is the best mouse I have ever tried for gaming. If you are someone who plays sniper, sneak, precision type roles you will absolutely love it as it is pixel per pixel perfect accuracy.
    I don't own in though, a friend of mine does. I personally find it uncomfortable, but am utterly spoiled by the MX Revolution. Now if Logitech would release a mouse with the g100 sensor in the MX Revolution body, all of the MX Revolutions button configuration and scroll wheel... utter perfection.

9. faugusztin

Huh ? Those buttons are on the left side of the Deathadder (the two side buttons).

10. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

what about the imperator. I like mine.

11. longweight

longweight Possibly Longbeard.

Logitech G700, best mouse currently available if it fits your hand.

12. flaming_goat

The imperator has the right features but im not sure about the shape and its too expensive for me really. Ive decided to stick with mice ~£30.

Dont think the shape of the g100 is for me tbh.

The logitech g500 looks about the right shape. its got more buttons than Razer stuff and at a good price ~£36. However opinions seem pretty divided.

13. longweight

longweight Possibly Longbeard.

You really have to try them, I couldn't find anywhere to test them so I took the risk. Roccat Kone +, worst (performance) mouse I have ever used. The build quality is awful. Cyborg R.A.T 7 had awful software and had a very low profile which gave me hand cramps.

Logitech G700 was the winner for me :)