1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News World of Tanks Boxed Edition released

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by arcticstoat, 25 Nov 2011.

1. arcticstoat

arcticstoat Minimodder

2. Jamie

Jamie ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

The 38H735f is a brilliant tank, a lot of fun to play.

3. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

I wonder if the match making has been fixed yet, as thats why I stopped playing...

4. Phil Rhodes

Phil Rhodes Hypernobber

And the VK3601 is still arse.

5. Marvin-HHGTTG

Marvin-HHGTTG CTRL + SHIFT + ESC

The question is whether said box can be added to an existing account, could work out as a cheap way to get gold.

EDIT:

How? Most folk reckon it's the best T6 VK - it has the armour of a heavy too. Personally, having used all three VKs, I liked the 3001H best, then the 3001P, but I got the best average XP in the 3601.

Last edited: 25 Nov 2011
  6. Sarakon

Sarakon The German

I really like playing the VK3001H; prefer speed and maneuverability ...

7. Vettkinn

Vettkinn What's a Dremel?

MS-1 all the way!
    (Using fast light tanks and fast mediums are always awesome)

8. Omnituens

Omnituens What's a Dremel?

The matchmaking is still broken, mainly because if you look at how they have done it you will see how flawed it is.

The matchmaking system means it makes matches - not it matches up players/tanks for balance.

It works for tier 1/2/3 tanks... above that it breaks down horribly. Tier 4 Tank Destroyers will make you CRY with what it usually put you up against. Get used to hearing "We just dinged them".

EDIT: I too would like to know if you can add it to an existing account like you could with the retail version of LoL.

9. Panos

Panos Minimodder

I would buy it if we can add it into an existing account. Is good offer imho.

10. Lizard

Lizard @ Scan R&D

I'll ask Wargaming if you can add these items into an existing account - I doubt I'll get an answer before Monday though.

11. XXAOSICXX

XXAOSICXX Minimodder

My favourite retailer is Greggs. I just love their sausage rolls. Are you sure THEY will be selling WoT?

12. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

according to wargaming you can, not actually tried it though...

13. metarinka

metarinka What's a Dremel?

The thing that really killed me in the game was the fact that stock tanks were soo terrible. I think its the only MMO where "leveling up" into a new tank is actually a downgrade... and without premium it can literally take 100+ games to get the gear you had on your previous tank. stock su-152 almost made me rage quit, and I finally rage quick on stock panther 1, I mean here I am going from a 3002DB to a tank that is slower, weaker gun, worse slope, slower turret, etc etc etc. and I needed some 20,000+ xp to get the tracks and turret before I could mount the gun my t6 3001H has!!

only in WoW can you get a new tank and have to spend hours unlocking weapons you had on a lower tank... very poor tech tree design IMO

14. misterd77

misterd77 What's a Dremel?

iv spent 8 months as a free player, nearly 2,000 matches in and im tier 7, its a great game, but it takes freakin ages to level up, im about to go tier 8, (russian heavy), and need around 1,400 matches to hit tier 9, and considering each game can last 15 minutes, thats a lot of hrs...

stock tanks are freaky bad, just top up ur account with what you would pay for a normal game, lets say £35, that would give you around 4 months premium, enough time to level up to tier 10.

BUT

tier 8/9/10 are so expensive to use, that you have to use tier4/5/6 tanks for credit earning, you "farm" exp points and cash with your lower tier tanks to enable you to use your tier8/910 tanks evry 3/4 games...

I prefer to think im building a legend when using my farming tank, i get 4/5 kills every 2/3 games when using the kv2, and its one of the best ranked tanks in europe, 612 matches, 892 kills, 9 kills in one game...when they see me coming, they run, yes run, germans dont like russian steel....

15. Black Tiger

Black Tiger Chineapple Punks

is WoT playable offline to practice?

16. Marvin-HHGTTG

Marvin-HHGTTG CTRL + SHIFT + ESC

No, 'fraid not.

17. metarinka

metarinka What's a Dremel?

@mingemuncher yah I did it, I did the preorder deals and got myself the a-32 and a few months of premium. Played regurarely until it ran out, problem with premium is that you feel obligated to play and then feel like your wasting money when you go 2-3 days without playing.

I have 4 tier 7's and multiple tanks below, 12 tanks total. Given the long leveling time I found that you might make it to tier 6 before you found out you don't like how the end tanks play (really slow russian TD's for me) or find the role you like.

I still play occasionally, but it's much more grindy then I like and I think there's a few holes in the gameplay such as the tech trees that punish you in a stock tank to the point of being cannon fodder for 100+ rounds until you can get, tracks, turret and gun.

18. PQuiff

PQuiff What's a Dremel?

matchmaking is broken...WTF!!!!!

Get a bigger tank...thats what i do. Ive sadly been neglecting WOT since BF and Skyrim came out...but i shall return for some 7.0 goodness...

Premium is about 8 quid a month...its not an awful lot, its well worth it to cut down the grind.

19. gosh

gosh Minimodder

the play deal for £6 seems a no-brainer, tank slot, free tank, gold way below usual cost, week of premium and a shiny coaster, whats not to love ?

game may be perfectly playable without gold but 2k will get you either a non-sale low tier premium tank (which can be a great earner to get you going) or a good whack toward something usable (there is a premium tank and garage or barrack slots on half price every 2 weeks or so, plus it can go toward credits or experience). the good premiums cost +15000 gold and ones like the lowe or the type 59 (especially the t-59) will make everyone on the field hate you though, but TBH anything equal or higher than them tears them apart (premiums get lower tier matchmaking but specs-wise are actually worse than a similar level earnt tank).

game is great, retail package is cheap and is a great start (official word is you can use the new account code then the existing account code on yourself if a new player for extra win) and there is a huge amount of content coming up in december/january - now is the time to check it out.

20. modfx

modfx Loft Gremlin

:D

Tags: Add Tags