1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The old CPC and Bit-tech Battlefield 3 server by MPUK

Discussion in 'Game Server' started by wyx087, 2 Nov 2011.

1. FuzzyOne

FuzzyOne

I give up, I fail to see how people waiting to join the server is not on-topic, I'm not here to pull your backside in line with regards to the mini-modding, I wanted to see how this problem of not having enough slots could best be fixed.

But it appears any out of the box suggestion gets met with a one liner or backlash.

2. fu manchu

fu manchu I'll have the special.

The solution to the server being full and having to wait for a slot if simple, as Wyx stated, it just requires patience.

What is not helpful is for someone to demand a slot, and when one is not available demand more slots to be added and if that, like in this current situation, cannot be done then basically stick 2 fingers up and say lets piss off and do our own thing.

The setup is what it is, use it, enjoy it. This is why the whole donation thing often falls on its arse as you get some people that have donated making certain demands that often cant be met.

The comments made by Wyx about mentioning it in the server forum were fair enough, it is simply rude to advertise or attempt to form a split on a communities own turf. In my mind he was nipping in the bud the possibilty of any further similar comments being made in the game server forum.

I hope this satifies your desire for a mod to comment.

3. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

fair enough. you and me both. 64 players would be great given how popular the server currently is.

but i find it hard to swallow the use of wording such as "scrap". Fu couldn't have put it better, he found the word i was looking for. (appreciate)

the only out of box suggestion that gets dismissed is donating towards a 64 player server because i don't think that is feasible considering Dennis isn't paying MPUK for the server. and a community donation run server is certainly not out of the question, no one is preventing it from happening, just need one determined individual to fork out the initial sum.

4. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

That's just it, when this server is full, do you really think people WAIT for HALF AN HOUR to join it?

Oh I see how it is, so what I said is not ok, and what wyx says here IS? Excuse me? I thought I just said the same thing? Sigh.

5. wyx087

you said scrap the current CPC server, which sounds rather bad considering how much effort Rogan, and CPC staff have put in to get us one.

6. nchhabs

nchhabs www.twitch.tv/dracaXL

As Rogan has stated previously the 64 man server just isn't possible at this present moment due to the issues multiplay is having with 64 man servers and instability (iirc). Tbh I think we should be thankful for the 32 man server as it is free and gives us a chance to play with other people from this forum, which ultimately is where a lot of the enjoyment comes from.

Waiting a little bit isn't the end of the world because we can just play on a different server until a slot frees up on the CPC one - there are hundreds of servers out there, so being on a different one until it's feasible to hop onto the Bit-tech one is no problem.

- dracaXL / Dub

7. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

I said that because whenever anybody mentions turning the current server into a 64 man, it's just we can't do it, and stopping at the first obstacle. Surely it can't be THAT hard.

8. fu manchu

fu manchu I'll have the special.

It is THAT hard. If it becomes a possibility in the future, then I am sure everything that can be done to make it happen will. In the meantime just enjoy the current 32 player setup, everyone else seems to understand this. If you like the server and the people that play there, then the rare occasions you have to wait for a slot is worth it. Hop onto another server or go make a cup of tea whilst you wait.

I am getting the impression you could start a fight in an empty room :rolleyes:

By all means use the forum to put ideas and suggestions forwards, but when faced with answers that dont meet with the ones you want to hear, accept that the setup is what it is for the time being and enjoy that, dont stick two fingers up at it and the people that have put it in place. If you feel you are capable of doing a better job then by all means go for it, good luck, but please dont use this game server section of the forum to do it.

9. Fluidic

Fluidic What's a Dremel?

you have NO idea.

10. Jake123456

Jake123456 Surprise!

+1...

Come on too Mumble and feel his wrath...

11. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

to everyone on the server, JOIN THROUGH FRIENDS MUCH? So much for join through the server. From now on, f*** join through the server, I refuse to be what seems to be the only one who doesn't team stack. Coincidence the entire group of mumble is on one side? LOL. Anyway, good news is you won't have me around for two months. Peace.

Last edited: 25 Nov 2011
  12. Allsopp

Allsopp What's a Dremel?

Didn't get chance to play tonight cause of Xmas lights being turned on so was busy at the pub:(

Even with a 64 man server people will still have to wait as most servers are always full to Max once you get ore than 20 players

13. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

The good news is, that the que system is now back. So it makes waiting for a slot easier.

14. nchhabs

I'm away for a few days due to unavoidable last minute uni work, should be back by Thursday for some more tank carnage :D

*Might pop on later this evening for half an hour or so though!

Last edited: 27 Nov 2011
  15. wyx087

i've been out last few nights. will be back tonight :D

will be adding insane balancer to the server tonight. hopefully should make sure every game is as balanced as possible. (but won't fix if high scoring players leave, it happens)

note the bold parts. especially the part where end game score board will be post-balance. don't worry, stats are uploaded immediately after round finish, you still won that round.

everyone is equal, so randomers, clans or regulars will all get balanced. this is a public server that treats everyone equal.

16. Allsopp

Allsopp What's a Dremel?

So this will also separate squads then i take it?

17. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

Test it out Wyx, looking forward to the changes. hopefully i can get on tonight but not likely....

18. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

Wait what..so this balancer, puts people with the cpc tag on the one side? So it's a team stacker first balancer second? :lol: I probably haven't understood, but anyway.

19. nchhabs

The bold bit reads that there is no whitelist, so the CPC players would be scrambled along with everyone else.

After this has happened, I assume players with the same clan tag on the same side are then placed in the same squad, but I may be wrong about the squad ordering.

20. wyx087

it should. didn't mention it, but to have it work correctly, it probably will.

there is an option to do this, but won't be enabled.

i think after balancing, people will have to manually find squads. or it will randomly put people into squads. not sure until we've had a test.