1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PSU Should I trust my power supply

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Wavefront, 3 Dec 2011.

1. Wavefront

Wavefront Minimodder

Hi all
    I need some advice, I got given a Dark Power Pro 650w PSU the outer day and it seems grate the problem is that both the PCIe Power connectors are very temperamental and I have to switch it on and off several times before it will supply power to me graphics card but when it starts it works perfectly. My question is should I just power my graphics card from one of the power adapters meant for the hdd or am I at risk using a power supply with something wrong?

Thanks Wavefront

Last edited: 3 Dec 2011
  2. fdbh96

fdbh96 What's a Dremel?

Should try to send it back.

3. Wavefront

Wavefront Minimodder

it was free so there's not much point

4. fdbh96

fdbh96 What's a Dremel?

It should still be under warranty though and is a good psu.

5. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

In what way temperamental? Do they sit loosely or just seem to be sporadic in actually supplying power. If it's the former just get a replacement connector, if its the latter then I'd see about a return (if it's under warranty). I wouldn't want that in my rig, if it's iffy on supplying power there's always that chance it could go bang and fry something.

6. Blogins

Blogins Panda have Guns

The original buyer would need to deal with an RMA or claim under the Sale of Goods Act 1979. If the buyer is game you could offer to cover expenses if you believe it's something that can be claimed for under warranty.