1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Storage Crucial M4 VS Corsair Performance Pro VS Plexor PX-M2P !?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ChArMz, 2 Dec 2011.

1. ChArMz

ChArMz What's a Dremel?

So I need a SSD for my new build..

256GB Version

Samsung 830
    Corsair Performance Pro
    Crucial M4
    Plexor PX-M2P
    Any others that should be on this list?

QUESTION: Which one is the best?

2. ChArMz

ChArMz What's a Dremel?

Any input, looking for the best real world performance or just best overall

3. PocketDemon

PocketDemon Modder

if you're ignoring all of the SFs, for a single SSD drive used as an OS/apps drive with a normal usage (ie you don't have a highly specific data type) then a general ordering would be -

1/2. - either the Corsair or the Plexor - both use 3Xnm nand & on paper look very similar, but i suspect that the Corsair will be slightly faster for r.l. usage & is a much larger company 'if' there were to be issues... the higher write speeds for both are likely to penalise longevity to some extent compared to the M4 (even with the better nand), but not to the extent of making them too risky to buy for most people's usage.

3. - the intel 510 - this has the advantage of 3Xnm nand over the M4 + it's intel with their rep... though it'd be slightly slower than the M4, has slower writes than 1/2 & is *much* more expensive.

4. the M4 - this has the disadvantages of slower writes (which will impact on r.l. performance) & 2Xnm nand... its major advantage though is cost.

5. the Samsung - this isn't a bad drive by any stretch, & is quicker than the M4 for writes (but not enough to balance out)... as with the intel, you're paying for the brand rep, but it lacks the premium 3Xnm nand - instead using 2Xnm.

For a slightly more in-depth discussion about the advantages of SFs & data types in b/ms & other stuff, this thread has bunches of info (& i cannot be bothered to retype).

Last edited: 4 Dec 2011