1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Neon paint kit

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Cheese, 7 Mar 2003.

1. Cheese

Cheese Doc

2. Iceman

Iceman Staff

You've given me a great idea to tweak up that FX flow system..... :D

3. Fowler

Fowler mmm Cosworth

I like it, like it alot, but...

Is there any dangers in plastering boards with paint?

And could anyone point out the not so obvious things that could be damaged by being painted?

oh and what compoonents are definatley safe to paint?

<paint brush at the ready, :worried: >

4. Cheese

Cheese Doc

Oops I forgot to mention that the paint is nonconductive when dry - so you can put it on any non moving parts :)

I doubt it'll make much difference to the thermal propeties of anything you paint either...

Rob.

5. Fowler

Fowler mmm Cosworth

Nice one, ;) . wasnt trying to nag just was a bit concerned!

:lol:

6. Fatboy

Fatboy Bored

This is a very sweet mod, might havve to overkill myself and do my whole mobo. Would look sweet i must say.
    Maybe in a future article you could do this ?
    :D

7. |V| 4 L k i 3 R

|V| 4 L k i 3 R Minimodder

Black Lights

Where did you get the black bulb UV cathode? The only ones that I have seen are white which, like you said, put out too much visible light.

8. Tau

Tau Sharingan!

Any ideas of UK Suppliers? I really want them, but don't want to have them shipped from the US

9. xeonoxx

xeonoxx What's a Dremel?

Cool :D now I can end my search for those bic fluo pens:hehe:

10. Fatboy

Fatboy Bored

I believe that Maplin sell the cathodes witha black tube at the same price as the normal ones. £4.99 i think

11. Cheese

Cheese Doc

Yep quite probably, I have a lot of paint to spare :)

I'm not sure about a US source - try the US modding store list here, http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=25319

I did find one but I lost it again :( I'll let you know if I stumble across it again ;)

Cheers,

Rob.

12. jgreen

jgreen What's a Dremel?

can this paint be sprayed? like through an airbrush?

13. Avatar28

For a US supplier, I'd go with SVC. They've got a CC with Dual Cathode inverter for $9.99 and an extra bulb is only $4. So $14.00 for a two bulb CC set. And they're the black tubes, not the white ones.

14. couzo

couzo What's a Dremel?

for a UK supplier of UV paint go to www.chill-tek.com I got some today and it is amazing!!!

15. uk_dave

uk_dave What's a Dremel?

Unfortunatly chill-tek don't appear sell the paint pack as a single product :-( But the paint does look pretty damn cool!

Anyway, I placed an order about 2 weeks at OCH for the paint kit, they've charged my credit card, but I still haven't heard anything from them about my order apart from the initial order confirmation email. The online order system still says that my order is "pending" and they haven't replied to my emails asking about my order! I know it'll probably take a couple of weeks for me order to reach me in the UK, but I'd just like to know what's happening. Also, I didn't think companies where supposed to charge you *until* they dispatched your order, not the instant you place it!

So, has anyone else ordered the paint kit from OCH? Did you have any problems? How long did they take?

16. Iceman

Iceman Staff

In the USA it's a little different, the companies do charge before despatch. OCH are a good company and i've never had any problems so you should be fine.

17. couzo

couzo What's a Dremel?

Yes chill tek only sell single paints which are the cheapest in the UK but that means you don't have to spend the money on the set and not get the paints you don't want or need

18. chill-tek

chill-tek What's a Dremel?

UK_Dave.

You should have called us if you needed the full kit, we could have negotiated a good price for you. I know it is too late now but at least you know in future. Nevermind :)

19. chill-tek

chill-tek What's a Dremel?

JGreen.

I shouldn't imagine it would cause a problem although you may just need to thin the paint a little. As our paint (Solvent based) is white spirit reducable this should be a simple process.

20. uk_dave

uk_dave What's a Dremel?

Oh well, now I know! I still havent heard *anything* from OCH, not even a reply to my emails. You never know - i might end up canceling my order...

(P.S. Does anyone know why my keycount just says "No new accounts"? I've got an account with Project Orca and i'm pulsing my key counts.)

Last edited: 5 Apr 2003
Tags: Add Tags