1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other General Battlefield 3 discussion thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Otis1337, 8 Feb 2011.

1. kingred

kingred Surfacing sucks!

I just bought this and spent an evening downloading and installing it.

I am getting so many skipped frames/lag its unbelieveable, can anybody help me out fixing it?

2. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Make sure all the ports are open on your router xD http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/news/view/2832654773849669037/

And update your drivers, there is a beta driver out for nVidia not sure about ATI.

I'm using the drivers released before the new ones with little to no problems. Only time I lag is when Virgin is being idiots and reducing my bandwidth during peak times.

3. Xonar

Xonar What's a Dremel?

Anyone else having issues using TV missiles after the recent patch? There seems to be a huge delay now from when you guide it and when it actually registers with the missile.

4. glaeken

glaeken Freeeeeeeze! I'm a cawp!

How do you guys fly the jets with mouse keyboard? I'm fairly good on the heli with mouse/keyboard, but when it comes to jets... :wallbash:

I usually do alright if I'm just doing strafing runs on ground targets (mouse is great for accuracy), but as soon as a dogfight occurs I'm toast. I can't drag my mouse fast enough to have a continuous high-banking maneuver.

5. GiggleStool

GiggleStool What's a Dremel?

Dissable hyperthreading in your bios! If you have it enabled...

6. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Back to Karkand DLC review from NowGamer

"Graphics 9.0/10
    Sound 9.3/10
    Gameplay 9.5/10
    Longevity 8.5 /10
    Multiplayer 9.3/10
    Overall 9.0/10

Final Verdict If you’re getting these maps free then it’s a no-brainer, download away. Of course, there is an argument to be made that Back To Karkand should be a goodwill gesture for it’s loyal players, but there is enough content and quality put into these that makes a purchase worthwhile."

7. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

Playing BF3 has made me realise I need a new keyboard. I have a cheapo Logitech wireless keyboard and if i press several keys at once it kind of sticks. So if I'm circle strafing than try to run in a straight line forwards I go diagonally instead. It's annoying on foot as you tend to get stuck on the scenery but if your in a vehicle and pressing shift to boost at the same time its all over the place.

Time for a mechanical keyboard or an n50 type thing. New headset and sound card, now a mechanical keyboard. Expensive game this!

8. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

Hum, this aim percentage looks strange.

[​IMG]

Great game that, but should this map be in the rotation? At first, was played due to demand on mumble. But moments later everyone regretted it. The round only became acceptable when the loosing team managed to cap the point behind B and the game became interesting.

9. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

ATI have just released their 11.11 drivers. Seem to be working perfectly for me thus far.

I'm using an original Logitech G15. The only problem I occasionally get is that when I have SHIFT pressed for a while (not always), all my input seems to stick and I either glide (if I was moving) or I am locked in position. I can't move, aim, shoot, anything. 2 seconds later it will do all the commands I pressed during that time though. Had led to a couple of teamkills here and there. It's not a case of pressing too many keys, as it can happen when I simply have W and SHIFT pressed. Not the end of the world, but slightly annoying at times.
    Still running with on-board sound on an EVGA x58 SLI LE, no complaints.

10. Dwarfer

Dwarfer What's a Dremel?

Ouch... Has anyone taken a performance hit with the new patch? I'm also running the latest ATI Drivers for the 6900 Range.

Me too. Am not sure if you're aware but over at the Virgin Forums, there's a ton of posts about this exact problem (online gaming) and the culprit seems to be Virgin being greedy, cramming customers on one server causes areas up & down the UK to become over utilised.

11. nchhabs

nchhabs www.twitch.tv/dracaXL

LOL! I never knew I was *that* good with the 870!

12. RevDarny

RevDarny Minimodder

Had a good couple of games on the CPC server late last night. I had a few beers so naturally my game was better than normal.

Must apologise for whoever was in the Viper with me on Kharg Island around 23:30. I was the pilot until I hit F instead of D. The gunner found himself all alone.

Love flying the little bird / killer egg

Also installed mumble late last night but didn't test it.

13. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

That was me dude, no worries we had fun that's all that counts!!

14. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

Why do you have punkbuster turned off?

That sounds similar. BTW even on my crappy speakers there is a big difference in the sound quality in BF3 between onboard audio and the Xonar D2X I have added.

15. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

Punkbuster is turned on in every ranked server. that must be a battlelog bug. even had a few complains about PB kick since last patch.

in fact, looking at the highly talked about HC server battle report, it also says PB: Off.

16. RevDarny

RevDarny Minimodder

I did lmao at that.

17. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

18. RevDarny

RevDarny Minimodder

Sorted Mumble after I logged off. Will test it next time i play.

19. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

20. DLDeadbolt

DLDeadbolt Space Cadet

Don't forget burping... lots of burping :worried:

:lol: