1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Planning Level 10 Anthrobench

Discussion in 'Modding' started by chriscase, 7 Dec 2011.

1. chriscase

chriscase What's a Dremel?

Hi folks,
    I'm new, so please be gentle. :p

After about 10 years of being on the road, I have started looking into building a less portable system. I'd really like to get an Anthrobench, and the Thermaltake Level 10 looks pretty cool.

A minor irritation about simply buying an Anthrobench, a Level 10, and setting the Level 10 next to the desk is that the box probably won't clip on to the side of the desk for easy motorized elevation (a nice feature of that Anthrodesk). The major impediment is the price tag. (Well, the real impediment is the WAF that attaches to the price tag, but in practice that boils down to the same thing.)

So until I find a briefcase full of money, I was thinking of doing some designing. What I have in mind is basically what you would get if you turn the Level 10 on its side and use the access panel surface as a desk. Enlarge the surface, spread the component bays out, attach the motorized Athrobench frame, run cables through the interior of the desk panel, cut access panels through the top... A lot more thought needs to go into this, but that's the basic idea.

What do you think? Does this seem overly ambitious for a newb? I have built a few systems, but this would certainly be a learning experience for me.

2. chriscase

chriscase What's a Dremel?

I found this motorized frame:

http://www.geekdesk.com/default.asp?contentID=629

Looks pretty good, a lot less expensive than anything I'm likely to find from Anthro. And since I am going to have to make a desk surface from scratch anyway it looks like I could use this without making many changes to it.

Not sure how hard it would be to make a motorized sit-stand desk frame from scratch...