1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Onlive launches for tablets

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 8 Dec 2011.

1. Marvin-HHGTTG

Marvin-HHGTTG CTRL + SHIFT + ESC

I was also impressed with it on my SGSII. Only complaint I'll have is the touch controls aren't all that intuitive in some games, and there's no remapping ability (Dirt 3 for instance - the throttle stays where you put it, and there's a separate button for brake, so quite a few times I went careering into a bend. This is solved somewhat by playing on casual, where the braking is done for you, but that's not quite as fun...).

On Lego Batman, I may well be dense, but how do you get past the bit where you first see a new suit? There's no way out!?

2. pickledliver

pickledliver What's a Dremel?

I wonder if the fact you can make purchases within the app on iPad will prevent it being approved, as no money will be going to apple?

3. Marvin-HHGTTG

Are there apps for things like Amazon on the iPhone? If so, this can't be the reason...

4. Panomama

Panomama I once signed up on uniform dating

That's the reason its not out for ios yet.
    Apple have said that they want 30% of all sales (millions of pounds).
    Onlive refused and so have disabled it, so you can't buy games through the app.

You can however, buy them via the website or through the PC/MC app.

5. Marvin-HHGTTG

Seriously? Holy ****.

Wonder if Onlive might make it Android only as a middle finger, or maybe take it to WP7 - surely Xbox Live integration would be a great idea on that platform...

6. scott_chegg

scott_chegg Minimodder

Had a 30 min preview of defense grid via onlive today. I love this game on PC and it translates to touch screen amazingly well. Very impressed!

7. NuTech

NuTech Minimodder

30% isn't as crazy as you might think. Most established platforms (Steam, Xbox Live Arcade, etc) take a similar cut (but are slightly more flexible).

Although, you could argue those platforms do a much better job curating and promoting content compared to Apple.

But, you could then counterpoint Apple have to deal with significantly more content.

I'll stop arguing with myself now.

8. spt

spt What's a Dremel?

Lego batman is looking good on the Galaxy Tab 10.1 well recommended, thanks.

9. zpikez

zpikez mod-pirate

I've been playing a few trials on my galaxy s 2, WOW! everything i thought about cloud based gaming i shall have to take back.

10. seismic2k

seismic2k What's a Dremel?

Controller support

Really impressed with onlive on my Transformer and my galaxy nexus but really disappointed that i can't use my PS3 controller. I suppose they want me to spend my money on their controller instead

11. pickledliver

pickledliver What's a Dremel?

I've managed to get this working on an HTC Desire, by upgrading to android 2.3, with the files from the HTC developer page. You can find the install file by googling "com.onlive.client.apk". The menu's work ok, but there is a massive lag when playing a game. Having used the microconsole, and the PC app, I know this isn't normally the case, and like most people, was pleasantly surprised to see how well is works! It's not great when using a mouse, but the joypad is fine.

12. Starfighter

Starfighter What's a Dremel?

*grumpyface* There is no ipad app available. Any chance of an article correction, before someone else loses 10 minutes of their life wondering why they can't find it?

13. Volund

Volund Am I supposed to care?

you could read the thread?

I'll be downloading it tonight to see if it is any better than the crap experience I had with them on my desktop.

14. sandys

sandys Multimodder

You should be able to use your PS3 controller if you set it up right, it should work the sameway I set up my Xperia Play

http://www.xperiablog.net/2011/12/0...games-xperia-play-compatible-video/#more-3648

15. cebla

cebla What's a Dremel?

I would have thought playing games on online would add a noticeable lag to the controls, how are people finding it? I would also like to see a Video of this in action. I'm from Australia and I can't access onlive from here.

Tags: Add Tags