1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Star Wars - The Old Republic Discussion

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Fizzban, 24 Sep 2011.

1. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

Played the stress test and got called back for the last beta weekend too. Freaking loved my time in TOR. Played a mean fem trooper..ah darkside trooper is fun. Starter world was a bit dull actually, but it picked up once I got to Coruscant. I chose a Trooper to test as I thought it would be dull to play in terms of gameplay, but actually it was pretty potent, and survivable. Enjoyable too once I got my advanced class and my assortment of attacks blossomed from a few into plenty.

Only real issues I have with the game as it is right now is...it is a f*****g memory hog. Lags like b*tch in places. Taris was a joke. You guys on quad core i5 and i7 with 8GB ram should be ok. But damn, wasn't expecting that. Hopefully the GX setting on Asus Xonar cards will be fixed for launch, and the memory leaks too. The UI needs more flexibility, but that will be patched soon I'm sure. Other than that, it is a top game. Gonna eat up many hours of my life.

In short, the little niggles it has will be fixed before long, and it will be the top MMO out there.

2. Fluidic

Fluidic What's a Dremel?

I also had this issue with the gx on my d2x bit annoying and took while to figure out.

3. Randomeclipse

Randomeclipse Minimodder

AA was disabled for the beta testing (well certainly the last bout) but for some reason people wanted to edit their game files to enable it....

I think they missed the point about TESTING a game....

4. gilljoy

gilljoy Minimodder

Ordered my copy today,

Got my preorder code... sites down :(

Wont be long until its out :)

5. Randomeclipse

Randomeclipse Minimodder

Early access starts tomorrow for some lucky folk!

6. Hitman

Hitman Minimodder

Did you guys enter your pre-order codes into your account, or via the main "Code Redemption" page (where you dont need to login)?

7. Randomeclipse

Randomeclipse Minimodder

I entered my pre-order code into the account section.

I contacted Zavvi the other day and (if anyone else ordered from there) they are planning to email the product keys to people in good time for the 20th, so you can put it in and away you go. Your shiney box and booklet may take a few more days to arrive tough, but it is Christmas after all!

8. Hitman

Hitman Minimodder

Hmm, thats a worry then as I used the main Code Redemption page, so the pre-order code is not linked to my account :( Hope it doesn't muck anything up.

9. Randomeclipse

Randomeclipse Minimodder

Sure you'll be fine!

On a more depressing note, I've not received an email so I don't think I'll be playing tomorrow :(

/sadpanda

10. DevilsShooter

DevilsShooter What's a Dremel?

I had heard that they were giving immediate access to those that pre-ordered first and putting people in a cue and giving them there pre -order start dates later. kind of like first come first served basis but i think its more to do with server loads as they wont do what other mmo's have done in the past with releases.

11. Smellyhead

Smellyhead Minimodder

The e-mails go out on the day, not the day before. Just Bioware been abit annoying with it.

According to people that follow that developers twitter (Don't know his name), each day has a few waves of e-mails going out.

So if you're starting at 7am US time tomorrow, you won't know until tomorrow. :wallbash:

12. Hitman

Hitman Minimodder

Nothing yet either, fingers crossed for tomorrow :clap:

13. Trance

Trance Two steps forward, one step back

So hope i get in for tomorrow... cannot wait!

14. Randomeclipse

Randomeclipse Minimodder

Exciting times!

15. Fizzban

Yeah they didn't want to risk telling anyone they could play on a certain day, and then possibly break that promise. So we get told on the day itself. I don't blame them really. They know well the nerd-rage of gamers AND Star Wars fans haha.

16. blinkieleblind

blinkieleblind Tings and such

so we making a Bit-tech & CPC guild or what?

17. vdbswong

vdbswong It's a Hedgehod

Nice to see that someone else understands :D.

Some of my friends are rather pissed about it and others are just pissed that they're not going to be playing tomorrow (they preordered late because Collector's Edition was sold out at the time).

As for a BT/CPC Guild, i think it's a good idea, however the issue is that making a Pre-Launch Guild was probably the best idea so everyone didn't need to choose/find someone who's started on another server.

Also, i'm already in (leading) an Imperial/Empire Guild with a bunch of close friends. However i found out that we'll be based on the "Corellian Run" server, which is a PvE Server based on the East Coast.

You're welcome to join the same server if you guys want to hang out or anything. I've played quite a bit of the beta if you guys had any questions or needed any help.

I'm hoping that i'll be able to play tomorrow... I pretty much bought and registered my game on the first day (although it wasn't when it was first released for sale). I've got a Court Assessment on Wednesday and i'm planning on going to the London Launch Party later that evening ¬.¬

18. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

If I get in for weekend I'll be happy enough.

19. Fizzban

My guilds been put on Nightmare Lands in the EU. But then it is a UK guild. If I'd have been put on East Coast I would have just moved. My latency to servers in Ireland when I was testing was very good, even in the stress test. No way I'd want to be on a server the other side of the world lol. I've done all that before.

20. Trance

Trance Two steps forward, one step back

Im based on some server called Luka Sene...