1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Space Hulk: Third Edition Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by arcticstoat, 13 Dec 2011.

1. jimmyjj

jimmyjj Minimodder

Nice work on the painting. Takes me back to my GW days had a lot of fun.

2. SolidShot

SolidShot Minimodder

3. Artanix

Artanix Minimodder

Well it was limited edition? if the demand is there, it'll sell :\

4. Stelph

Stelph Minimodder

5. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

More the fact that BT are stating that it's £100 on eBay, when the reality is that it is well over that. You can probably find a well-used, scuffed copy for £100...

6. DrTiCool

DrTiCool Minimodder

I remember playing Space Hulk on Sega Saturn, yes it was some hybrid fps+tactical strategy and yes it was really hard as hell but hell it was thrillin' fun

7. Tsung

Tsung What's a Dremel?

Oh well, I loved playing Space Hulk on the PC when it came out, it was a very tense / atmospheric game. It needs a proper updated version.

I use to play the board game when I was young, with my brother. The chance to buy an up to date version and play it has gone which is shame. I think I would of given the whole painting models a go as well, so GW lost out capturing me as a customer and additional business from me.
    It's a pity they don't do additional limited runs, I'd put down a deposit, when they hit the minimum number, create the games and send them out. I'd still rather they have the money than some one who is making a quick buck. :/

8. hardflipman

hardflipman What's a Dremel?

I very luckily managed to pick up what must have been about the last box available when it came out. If I hadn't I'd probably spend a £100 on it. £180 is a bit much though. I don't really think it's people trying to make a fast buck though seeing as it came out 2 years ago! Stuff sells on ebay for the price people are willing to pay for it i guess...

9. toolio20

toolio20 What's a Dremel?

Yes - to continue putting off the "monthly" PC Hardware Buyer's Guide

10. gosh

gosh Minimodder

not that i didn't love spacehulk and it's cast plastic terminators with the clip on flamers, or all the increasingly confusing addon rules. also had space crusade and it's increasingly complex addons and even original talisman and all that extra weird crap like power armour in a fantasy game.

why are you reviewing this >? not only is it a board game, it's an extremely niche board game that is also no longer availiable to buy except for overpriced runs on ebay. there have been at least 1 good fan remake of spacehulk and 2 official games that were poor for PC, why not give us some info on those ?

i'm glad you have a copy, pat yourselves on the back. it's also not a bad review although it does kinda asume the reader knows what the hell you are on about. <<THIS IS NOT RELEVANT>>. you can get away with horus heresy 'cos that is current at least but maybe a feature on latest BF3 patch and how best not to turn your framerate to arse or a mention of the vitas imminent release in passing might be nice if you have some free time.

11. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

Bit have done several board game reviews, mainly on niche nerd games - exactly the ones the readership might be interested in. So I welcome this kind of review now and then, just as an aside to hardware.

Tags: Add Tags