1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Who is this guy and why is he everyones avatar?

Discussion in 'General' started by Bituser, 12 Dec 2011.

1. Black Tiger

Black Tiger Chineapple Punks

2. jhanlon303

jhanlon303 The Keeper of History

The Relix does exist. Blatantly quiet. In a personal message He once spoke to me. Oh, to be young and new to Bit-Tech again.

"I'm just a guy. Uber sexy but just a guy" - The Relix.

john

3. AnG3L

AnG3L Ultimate Modder

4. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

Wait, wait, wait, wait, hold the ****ing phone!

You use a spoon to eat cheesecake?! What kind of heathen are you?! You use a fork!!! (or spork if you're really common :lol:)

5. quietguy

quietguy D'orc

Pffffttt.... Amature, real men use a cheese grater to eat cheesecake! :dremel:

6. Journeyer

Journeyer Minimodder

I'm certain I can convert you to the goodness of all that is cheesecake (peace be upon it).

Try this:

Amaretto Chockolate Cheesecake

Base:
    150g digestive bisquits
    55g amaretto bisquits
    150g butter

Melt the butter in a pan, and set it aside. Cover the base of a "round-spring cake mold" (no idea what you call these things in english) with aluminium foil and set it into the spring. Pound the bisquits until the mass of what was once bisquits resembles sand. Mix the bisquit-sand thoroughly with the melted butter, and put the mixture into the round spring cake mold. Spread the mixture out evenly, and press it down to form a uniform base. Put it into the fridge to set whilst making the topping.

Filling:
    400g cream cheese (I recommend Mascarpone, but Ricotta also works well)
    125g light-brown sugar (I recommend light-brown muscovado sugar, but dark-brown muscovado sugar works very well if you want a stronger flavour).
    1ts essence of vanilla
    3tbs flour
    4 eggs
    3dl cream
    200g chockolate (I prefer using light-brown cooking chockolate)
    50ml amaretto

Preheat the oven to 160C, and melt the chockolate in a pan over boiling water - one larger pan of boiling water at the bottom, and the pan with the chockolate on top. Once the chockolate has melted, set aside to cool off a bit. Put the cheese into a bowl and whisk it until it is fluffy, then pour in the sugar and mix it thoroughly into the cheese. Put in essence of vanilla and the flour, mix thoroughly. Slip in the eggs, one at a time, and mix thoroughly after each one. Pour in the chockolate whilst whipping like you mean it. After the chockolate has been uniformly mixed into the mixture, pour in the cream and again mix it thoroughly. Finally pour in the amaretto, and again - mix thoroughly. Pour the mixture into the cake mold on top of the base you made earlier, and have a taste of whatever you are unable to scrape into the mold. Set into the oven for 50-60mins - the filling should be slightly "shivery" but firm when done, I recommend you check it after 50 mins.

Now, you could leave it at that - but to make it extra special...

Layer of jello:
    Mix a box of raspberry jello (any kind will work obviously, but I find that raspberry works well with the chockolate) with water, and set aside to cool off whilst the cake is baking.

Once the cake has finished baking, set it aside to cool off. You want the filling and the jello-mix to have the same temperature before you pour a thin layer of jello on top of the filling. If they are not the same temperature the filling will crack.

Glaze:
    One box of philadelphia cream cheese mixed with a couple of tablespoons of very fine sugar (sugar that resembles flour - can't for the life of me remember what it's called in english at the moment). Spread this evenly on top of the layer of jello once the jello has set.

Garnish:
    Fresh fruits and berries work very well. I recommend strawberries, physalis and passion fruit.

If you don't like this cheesecake I will accept that you, in spite of all that is rational and good, do not like cheesecake. ;)

Edit: And yes, this cake contains enough calories to power a small village...

Last edited: 15 Dec 2011
    Wicked_Sludge likes this.
  7. longweight

longweight Possibly Longbeard.

This thread makes me cringe!

8. Journeyer

Journeyer Minimodder

There's no-one forcing you to read it...

9. longweight

longweight Possibly Longbeard.

Oh no I know! Just stating my opinion....

10. antiHero

antiHero ReliXmas time!

Damn its almost christmas and I forgot to change my avatar.

So fixed!

11. xMathiasD

xMathiasD What's a Dremel?

This avatar rocks!

12. uerseya

uerseya Covered in rock wool

I used to use Chuck Norris to eat my desserts, but Relix told me I was doing it wrong, fail :duh: :blush: :waah:

13. ufk

ufk Licenced Fool

All hail Relix

damn my first post in god knows how many months and it's to hail Relix

14. M7ck

M7ck Ⓜod Ⓜaster

Win

15. Wicked_Sludge

Wicked_Sludge My eyes! The goggles do nothing!

+rep for actually posting a recipe on an enthusiast PC website. you are a true disciple of The Relix.

16. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

Yes, too bad it's chocolate... Stupid chocolate, ruining everything (I'm rather allergic to it.)

17. Journeyer

Journeyer Minimodder

I'm sure it would work without the chocolate, it won't be the same obviously, but it will work. Seriously, this cheesecake is so good that if you have the oportunity to try it, then in Relix' name you must!

I'm working on another (pomegranate cheesecake), and once I have perfected that one to my satisfaction as well I will obviously post it here in honor of Relix.

18. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

I hear ya. Whilst not being allergic to it (chocolate) I personally feel that the greatest cheesecake is, and always will be, New York Style. Plain, simple and awesome.

19. Yemerich

Yemerich I can has PERSUADETRON?

Wait... I thought the blue pill was to get a boner for hours...

20. SoulRider

SoulRider What's a Dremel?

Boner for hours, but lack of understanding forever :) Take the red, take the red :)