1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Star Wars - The Old Republic Discussion

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Fizzban, 24 Sep 2011.

1. Tribble

Tribble Steals Avatars

mine did from shopto :thumb:

2. vdbswong

vdbswong It's a Hedgehod

Bioware/EA/Whoever made sure they were processed early since there's no "grace period" between Early Access and Launch day.

3. DevilsShooter

DevilsShooter What's a Dremel?

Aww im jealous, the mrs is making me wait till xmas before I get mine.

Have they fixed the green and red grid flashing in the start zones?

4. Abhorsen

Abhorsen Minimodder

Patiently waiting to be allowed in!

5. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

I got in today and found a quietish server, well so far anyway.

6. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

True, but they have now added a 48 hour grace period anyway.

7. DevilsShooter

DevilsShooter What's a Dremel?

I got my copy early after the mrs thought I looked like a sad panda in my corner. I explained about pre-order and how all my friends were playing and I wasnt. Felt like 6yrs old again but I finally got on and im loving it, nice changes since beta graphics wise, feel it could do alot more though as my system barely even sweats with it. Guild system seems fairly in inadequate and I hope they improve the guild detail panel more also add some guild tabard or emblem to put on clothes.

8. GravitySmacked

I've hammered it for much of the weekend. The graphics are definitely a step up from the beta and I've been having a damn good time with the gameplay. I didn't think another MMO wouldn't be able to grab my attention but I was wrong.

9. Smellyhead

Smellyhead Minimodder

I've just rerolled a Smuggler on a new server since the one my guild was sent to via the program seems to have become the PvP server, averaging a 2hour+ estimated queue time, but reality turns it into 6hours+.

Real shame about the insane queues, I'd be happy if it said 6hours instead of 2hours, since then atleast I'd know, instead of finding out. Miss my little Sith Warrior there, I'd just got Force Choke. :(

10. GravitySmacked

My guild are on a 2 hr+ queue server too so I ditched that and I'm now on Killian Jarro playing a Bounty Hunter.

11. vdbswong

vdbswong It's a Hedgehod

I just got Force Pull on my Sith Assassin.

It has a 30m range.

Hilarity will ensue.

12. themax

themax What's a Dremel?

I could not stop playing this weekend. I know there are tons of Sorcerers but I suspect when the first round of nerfs hit (I know Sorc will get one, I solo'd a Champion with just myself and my companion lol) they will most likely reroll. Going full Lightning, I had enough of healing in WoW and will not holed into it this time. I just hope the DPS of the Sorcerer isn't messed with too much because it's a fun option to play.

Almost done with Balmorra. I'm glad I didn't get too far in the story during beta to spoil it and I avoided the Flashpoints entirely during that time. Black Talon Flashpoint (I might have that wrong) was exciting and I loved the progression of it. I hope the game continues that kind of substance in those group quests because it's a lot more rewarding that just simply fighting your way from boss to boss and calling it a day.
    Commandeering a ship, killing the captain (if you want), fighting a Jedi Master, coming back to a mutiny with dead Imperial soldiers everywhere, AWESOME!

13. GravitySmacked

Aye Black Talon was a lot of fun! :)

Fizzban it may be a good idea to change the thread name to Star Was - The Old Republic Discussion to stop duplicate threads cropping up.

14. Smellyhead

Smellyhead Minimodder

I'm enjoying my Smuggler at the moment, seems more fun than my Sith warrior, and I like the story more too.

It's quite a funny story if you pick the right options. The warrior story seemed more of a typical Sith story so I found it abit meh for me. Though I did enjoy the class, but it wasn't worth the 6hour wait everyday. :p

Now I've queues, and have won every warzone as Republic! :D

15. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

Done.

-

Loving my time in TOR. I'm on one of the busiest servers though. Freaking long queues everyday. Usually 2 hours :eeek: And urgh...Taris is still hugely laggy...sadface.

16. Dopeyman

Dopeyman Minimodder

Hey all

Got my copy today but missed the early access so gonna have to wait till tomorrow.

When you are all talking about delays, is that to log on?? Will it be like that after launch? Any recommendations for a server for me?

Cheers all

17. GravitySmacked

Yeah queuing to log on.

There are no queues on my server, Killian Jarro, and everyone so far have been helpful and friendly. It has a low ping (for UK) and it seems to be mainly UK / english speaking folk on there.

18. Dopeyman

Dopeyman Minimodder

Great thanks. I'm in the uk too so that sounds like a good place to start :)
    Got to wait till tomorrow though :(

19. blinkieleblind

blinkieleblind Tings and such

im on Kai-Kan aslo seems to be a nice friendly server. havent had to que yet but i suspect the population will go up a lot tomorrow.

20. GravitySmacked

Hopefully they will fire up a few more servers tomorrow to take the influx.