1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Corsair H80 Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by arcticstoat, 15 Dec 2011.

1. brutos

brutos What's a Dremel?

I got a H80 keeping my i7 950 idel at 34 overlooked to 4GHz and 1.33v ..thats very good indeed..people who get poor performance with the H80 surprises me

2. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Fan Fan

Idle temps are impertinent - run a CPU benchmark or stress test and you'll see the temps soar.

I'd love to see the H80 compared with my copper TRUE - afaik it's the most expensive air cooler (currently £70 odd on Scan) and I bet it'd give the H80 a run for its money using the same fans. :)

3. yanglu

yanglu Hmm...

I think the best air coolers will probably beat the H80, but I got the H80 for my new i7-2600K system because it minimises the risk of damage to the motherboard when carting the computer around.

I didn't fancy having an enormous >1kg lump of copper bolted to my brand new motherboard and then carting the machine to and from university twice a term. Although one risk is the H80 liquid loop leaking... which would be bad... :-S

4. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

That doesn't sound right at all.

One of my old systems had a Core i7 920 clocked at 3.8GHz with 1.3125v being pushed through the core, cooled by a single intake Corsair H50 (dual 120mm exhaust fans in the top of the Define R2). The H50 kept everything in check and it never overheated.

It sounds like something is either wrong with the H80 unit you have or when mounted it had poor contact.

I would also concur that the New Intel Ad's are annoying beyond belief. At work I have no ability to run Ad Block so I get the sodding advert covering half the page with no actual [x] available.....

They are annoying, obtrusive and probably reduce page hits - thus making them completely pointless.

3lusive likes this.
  5. towelie

towelie How do I Internet!!

Agree my H80 keeps it couple of Celius cooler than my noctura cooler did.

6. Hereisphilly

Hereisphilly What's a Dremel?

When i upgraded my PC last month, i plumped for the H80 to cool my i7 2700K, and i must say, the fans are ridiculously loud! Way louder than any fan my FT-02 case!
    Setting the fans to exhaust only raised the temps by 1 degree, as the cooler is now inline with the rest of the case cooling setup.
    I swapped them for 2 Scythe gentle typhoons, and on the lowest fan setting they are whisper quiet, and i get 30 degrees at idle!
    My advise to anyone getting this, the cooler is great, lightweight, and easy to sit into most cases, but be prepared for some serious noise if you are pushing your CPU hard

7. klimtog88

klimtog88 What's a Dremel?

8. mikewd

mikewd What's a Dremel?

They should compare this to a copper TRUE plus two 38mm fans. For the same price I reckon this would beat the H80 by at least 5 degrees.

9. Kruelnesws

Kruelnesws What's a Dremel?

I agree who cares about the H80, get on with the H100 review and link kit... and hyperX gensis ram and the EVGS Z68 Cheesecake Mobo... all reviews that almost everyone else has done except BT. Plus I trust BT's standards over most websites!

Tags: Add Tags