1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Anno 2070

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Gunsmith, 19 Nov 2011.

1. Draksis

Draksis What's a Dremel?

Got the game Friday, and apart from the auto save feature (which crashed my game every how ever long I set it to), I only have a crash every 3 - 4 hours :rock:

I must say though the tutorial for the game is s**t. I'm 3/4 through the game, I still don't get everything. I've also looked some stuff up on te internetz, but thats for more advanced players.

If you guys can just give short answers thats fine:
    1) Maintenance is countered by tax and trade, but I can never get it up enough to made any money. Any tips? (this ties in with 3)

2) My production buildings (especially fishing) are always complaining about product not being picked up. I have the space for it (In fact sometimes I'm running low or even completely out)

3) If I satisfy all needs for a group of houses, only some will upgrade to the next level. All requirements are stable and tax level is at its lowest. I really don't get this one :confused: :wallbash:
    (the deny upgrade option is off, I checked)

Any and all help is greatly appreciated :thumb: Much Thanks!

EPIC game!!!

Last edited: 18 Dec 2011
  2. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

Trade normally got me out of monetary problems in 1404 (about number 1)

And on number 3, you have to have certain resources to ugprade houses aswell (I remember being confused about this on 1404 before realising every house that upgraded needed 1 glass or something similar, and since I was trading it all away, no more houses to could upgrade :p)

And I can't wait to get this game for Christmas :D

3. loftie

loftie Multimodder

Again if it's like the 1404, I assume someone picks up the goods from the production buildings from a warehouse/market building or some such building. In 1404 there were a certain number of people that will leave those building to collect resources depending on the level of the building. So you may need more of those building to in the area to collect all the resources.

Also from what i recall, 1404 had to have a certain number of lower classes before you could upgrade, even if all the needs were met.

Hopefully that helps for the moment, and someone who owns the game can confirm/deny what i've just written :p

Get my copy tuesday hopefully :D

4. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

go here, learn.

5. RaisingCain

RaisingCain What's a Dremel?

6. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

its legit, its been posted several times over on the bargains thread

7. bdigital

bdigital Is re-building his PC again

ordered mine up at last....should be with me tuesday!

8. RaisingCain

RaisingCain What's a Dremel?

Thanks Just ordered mine

9. Whindog

Whindog What's a Dremel?

Answers:

1) Gotta make sure all need are met. Fully for max income. Don't build everything up to fast or you will be running in the red far to long. You want to have just enough production to provide for your ppl. If you go to http://anno2070.wikia.com/wiki/External_tools they can help you out in figuring out how much of waht is needed for a certain number of inhabitants. (Click on your town centre for the exact breakdown of ppl)

2) There is a little house box with a +arrow on the top left when you ahve it selected. This will upgrade it. Giving you more pickup carts and at tier 3 an air lift. As mentioned in 1, there are external tools that help with the building and farm placement so you dont have to upgrade every depot or warehouse. (It also saves you alot of space if you do it this way.

3) The amount of possible upgrades is a % of your max population. You will always have some people at every level even when you get to executive level inhabitants you will still have workers. You want more upgraded houses.....build more houses full stop. I run with the deny option on at all times. That way only the resources you can spare go to upgrading them..rather than them taking all the wood or concrete and it sits at zero till they are all upgraded. (To manually upgrade....click town centre.....number of possible upgrads at each level are there with an arrow next to it. Click the arrow to upgraded 1 house. Works brilliantly.

Hope that helps.

10. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

external tools take the fun out of production chains :(

11. Whindog

Whindog What's a Dremel?

I have to disagree on this one. Saves a few hours of testing to figure out if you can support this many or that many production buildings. And you remember them easily after a while. So alt tabbing out is not required....

Tools for example -> 2 tool workshops are sustainable with one iron maker

And the more complex ones latter in the game, jewelry n pharmaceuticals....

But I see where your coming from, you either like to use em or you dont.

12. loftie

loftie Multimodder

1404 - Noria exploits take the fun out of the game, and burn your money... *cough* modd *cough* ^^

13. Stickeh

Stickeh Help me , Help you.

Got my copy from g2play.net, code arrives as a photograph, and they provide a link to the ubisoft download / update manager, really slick service, and very cheap and most importantly, what a game / time sink! Love it!

14. loftie

loftie Multimodder

My game has arrived :D Now I've got to find my DVD drive....

15. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

It will be behind the sofa with £8.74 in loose change, 13 ball point pens, some orange peel, and something that you can't work out if it was animal, vegetable or mineral at some stage in it's existance...

16. Draksis

Draksis What's a Dremel?

I have to say Gunsmith, at first I was not keen at all for 3 hours of someone droning on and on, but you sir were most entertaining! I really learned everything that was needed and more (Thanks for the right-click menu tip especially :thumb: )

If anyone as ANY problems with playing the game - watch them. Even if you only have late game issues, just watch the third one then :thumb:

Thanks Gunsmith! :rock:

PS: Kraken and Fat_Mouse Cheesecake!!

17. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Yeah, very good deal @£14.22

Oh someone give me more time!

18. Stickeh

Stickeh Help me , Help you.

Thanks for the videos gunsmith, building a beast of a city now, but the final levels do annoy me greatly! Luckily I haven't had to venture off my own island yet!
    [​IMG]

19. Kiytan

Kiytan Shiny

nice eco balance :p

20. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

Still lots to do, I expect to see that Triple in size come the end of the week, chop chop

[​IMG]