1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rant Where's it all coming from?

Discussion in 'General' started by spaceman1, 19 Dec 2011.

1. erratum1

erratum1 What's a Dremel?

They're probably up to their necks in debt, people can look good on the surface.

I'm skint but I have 2 untouched credit cards each with 5k credit limits, it would be easy to go on a spending spree if I was a moron.

2. AlexB

AlexB Web Nerd

I just think that perhaps if you spent more time worrying about your own situation rather than other people's you might not have to be jealous.

And yes, I do work. I run my own company doing what I enjoy, thanks.

3. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

They're breaking the law and getting away with it, something you don't seem bothered about?

4. Teelzebub

Teelzebub Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

Actually I never said they was defrauding the benefits What I said was they managed to get large loans from 4 major banks based on the money they was getting from the benefits at that time the banks saw benefits as a stable income.

5. BRAWL

BRAWL Dead and buried.

It's a fair point Alex, But we're allowed to rant about things like that bud. A lot of people find Jobless/stayhome/benefits versus Employed/working/poor as a very black and white issue so they will rant about it.

I couldn't make it out regardless man! They may not have gone to the banks... the DWP does crisis loans and people are known to use them excessively.

6. Teelzebub

Teelzebub Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

No these was bank loans and a lot of money too of course they couldn't pay it back so it got written off, Mind that was before the banks crashing doubt they would get it now

Last edited: 19 Dec 2011
  7. spaceman1

spaceman1 What's a Dremel?

jest had a call off my mate asking me to find out how to go bankrupt and could the transfer the ownership of the car to me lol they filled their cards up got loans so thats where it been coming from.
    And as for my own situation i give up a well payed job to work nights so that one of us would be home with the kids rather than babysitters money is nothing compared to family.

8. Dwarfer

Dwarfer What's a Dremel?

You make out that the 1% is only a small number but considering the UK Population is 62 MILLION (or there abouts), the 1% is actually A LOT of people and is a BIG problem!

9. M7ck

M7ck Ⓜod Ⓜaster

But not all of the population is on benefits. In the grand scale of things 1% of benefit claims is NOT a big problem.

10. spaceman1

spaceman1 What's a Dremel?

for benefit fraud what they know about via reporting is £1.1bn but they believe its more like £4.4bn which is a hell of a lot

11. Dwarfer

Dwarfer What's a Dremel?

I don't think you really understand that 1% is a large amount of people!

12. M7ck

M7ck Ⓜod Ⓜaster

I don't think you understand that if it is ONLY 1% then it's not a big problem.

13. DevilsShooter

DevilsShooter What's a Dremel?

All boils down to human greed, were all self driven by personal motivation to enrich our lives be it through working hard or doing it dishonestly.

At end of day all that should matter is our own lives but I totally understand the whole having to pay for them bit and feeling frustrated over it but us working class have to remember that small percentage we pay its actually for our pensions/healthcare/dentists/schools/water and so on, just look at it from the otherside too, ive been there with nothing and a family to raise. It is hard and not many honest choices are available and can see why some turn to scamming and cheating but I disagree if its supposed friends doing it to each other. There will always be a bad element in societys.

14. Dwarfer

Dwarfer What's a Dremel?

You sound like Nick Clegg spewing drivel at the commons!

The pension that we're never going to get unless your filthy rich! The government has just upped the retirement age another 5 + years!

15. Crackdown_uk

Crackdown_uk What's a Dremel?

I don't understand how people claim so much in benefits, If you're a single adult its currently £67 a week, hardly anything in this day and age. I can't help but feel like there's a lot of propaganda surrounding how much those on benefits actually receive... this thread goes to show that in the OPs example it was them running into huge private debt rather than benefits being over-generous.

I also think there's some intentional misdirection going on too, tax money owed by private companies dwarfs the entire benefits system every year. Why is it we are not going after them? Easy pickings elsewhere? Potential damage to GDP? In my opinion it's not our politicians who are running the show, they just seem to dance to the piper's tune.

16. M7ck

M7ck Ⓜod Ⓜaster

Back to insults eh Dwarfer? Well i suppose it is slightly better than "Cool Story Bro".

17. DevilsShooter

These forums are getting worse by the day.

18. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

spaceman, hope you said screw you.

ANd Dwarfer, please don't ruin the thread by shouting insults/repeating the same point again and again and again.
    State what you think clearly and sensibly, wait for someone to reply, then post back your thoughts to potentially counter their arguement or whatever.

19. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

20. DevilsShooter

ack and I can still remember when you used to get £50 for dobbing someone in to the Dole, there used to be a que half a mile long on mondays full of drunks. Wish id seen that site awhile back, would have saved the "do I, or dont I calls".