1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motherboards Anybody familiar with AI Suite II ?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by modd1uk, 19 Dec 2011.

1. modd1uk

modd1uk Multimodder

When AI Suite II is installed on my FM1 media pc/file server videos will randomly stop streaming, almost as if the HDD or the ethernet is going to sleep, i cant find any settings in it (i may be being completely blind).

I know its the cause of the problem because if i remove AI Suite II from the PC media streams perfect, no cutting out at all, anybody any advice, got me stumped this.

2. The Protocol

The Protocol What's a Dremel?

Just Asus software being itself, never use their utilities unless you have to, which is likely the case here (don't know any other software with fan control). Just set your fans to somewhere you're happy then delete AI Suite, the settings should remain in the BIOS - really hate AI suite. It randomly works fine or is chaos depending on the install

3. modd1uk

modd1uk Multimodder

Yeah the fans are set in the bios, the whole computer is silent i love it. Dont need ai suite installed then ?

4. Kernel

Kernel Likes cheese

I had the AI Suite running on this board, I think I deleted the whole package 15 mins after installing it...

5. AoE

AoE What's a Dremel?

AI Suite is not good at all, especially the over clocking software.......well in my experience of it anyway

6. Big Elf

Big Elf Oh no! Not another f----ing elf!

The one piece of the AI Suite I really like is Fan Xpert. I use it for PWM control of my pumps and it works extremely well. Although you can use the BIOS for basic control Fan Xpert gives a lot more flexibility.

7. modd1uk

modd1uk Multimodder

Is there something in ai suite that would put the lan to sleep ? Cause its streaming fine with it removed.

8. Big Elf

Big Elf Oh no! Not another f----ing elf!

Not that I can think of. Check Device Manager though for Power Management settings on your network devices. Also check the 'Magic Packet' settings in the Advanced tab for the network adapters also in Device Manager although they tend to wake the system up rather than put it to sleep.

Edit: Just remembered that AI Suite installs ACPI Management for 'AI Nap' which can really bu**er up your sleep settings. However I know next to nothing about that.