1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Games of the Year 2011

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by arcticstoat, 21 Dec 2011.

1. Mentai

Mentai What's a Dremel?

An indie beating out BF3 and Portal 2? That makes me quite happy haha

2. Eiffie

Eiffie What's a Dremel?

Skyrim for #1??? I bet if Bethesda lets players collect over 1,000,000 cheese wheels and drop them down even bigger mountains in the next game it's gonna be game of the century for sure!

I have to give a shout-out for portal 2 though, cross-platform online is really awesome. Being able to play with friends on PS3 while I'm on a PC is nice since not everyone can be on the same system. Reminds me of Shadowrun for XBox360 and PC.

3. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

It's because of this that I wish review sites would simply stop doing GOTY lists. It's nothing more than a way to snag some free views as people go to see how their pet game ranked and free dicussion as people go to complain about said pet game not being #1.

Some people at the Bit offices liked these games. There is no authority or officiality to it other than the value you place in the opinions of those judging. Entirely not worth the undue attention that an article like this attracts, may as well have been a blog post if it's not going to be based on an in depth review and comparison by a knowledgable person or team.

4. delriogw

delriogw What's a Dremel?

the people with skyrim are too busy playing it to post - that's all :p

5. kzinti1

kzinti1 What's a Dremel?

It's good to see that our tastes in games haven't changed one iota!
    I own not a single one of those listed and have no intention of buying or playing a single one of them.
    If I wanted good graphics and no playability then I'd buy into Blu-Ray movies. (Fat chance of that, though. Every movie release this year seems to have oozed out of a crack in the pig's trough!)
    "RAGE" is my GoTY. And even then, it had to grow on me for almost a month, before it actually became playable through the updates that should've already been in the release version.
    "Sell the game and THEN make it playable" is still the publishers mantra.

6. Joey Propane

Joey Propane What's a Dremel?

Terraria for me, by a country mile.

7. do_it_anyway

do_it_anyway Minimodder

Where in the sweet name of heaven is Modern Warfare 3?????

[/trollface]

8. echoesinthedark

echoesinthedark What's a Dremel?

The thing is that battlefield is multi-player based whereas skyrim is a single-player game, and battlefield is forever dead to me until they remove origin.

9. Greentrident

Greentrident Minimodder

I own all of these apart from Bastion - and have only scratched the surface on them - looks like I don't have to buy any games in 2012, the cream of 2011 awaits me!

10. Ficky Pucker

Ficky Pucker I

this GOTY list sucks, and so does skyrim. poor combat, poor story, poor voice acting, buggy and a console port, all these elements make a fine GOTY...

11. Slagwax

Slagwax What's a Dremel?

Minecraft should definitely be somewhere on there!

12. Aragon Speed

Aragon Speed Busily modding X3: Terran Conflict

That's because everyone is busy playing Skyrim instead of talking about it... :D

13. fodder

fodder Minimodder

Lol. In the bin where it belongs hopefully.

14. The boy 4rm oz

The boy 4rm oz Project: Elegant-Li

Skyrim was honestly a surprise. I personally liked Oblivion better, yes the game play in Skyrim is better but I like the lush environment of oblivion more than Skyrim. Perhaps a texture pack will change my mind though. I thought Battlefield would rate a little higher as well but atleast it made the cut with no CoD in sight :D.

15. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

Well, I wrote the article - none of the current full-time writing staff are listed there, you realise?

And, as for Witcher 2, don't blame me! I voted for it!

16. p27

p27 What's a Dremel?

Bastion deserves to be there, haven't seen such quality on PC gaming in quite a while...

I see DeusEX didn't make it...

What a shame.

17. Kris

Kris Lord Lolwut

Indeed it looks like there is a system here that i did not notice the first time around:)
    anyway, looks like everything is set, everyone's best games are their own favourites, so merry christmas everyone!

18. Prowler_88

Prowler_88 What's a Dremel?

We're all discussing Game of The Year before the year is up....what about Star Wars: The Old Republic!?

Surely these things should be decided after the year is up to see the bigger picture?

Oh and it's BF3 for me ;-)

19. runbmp

runbmp What's a Dremel?

1. The Witcher (was great prepatch, then it was the greatest once patched)
    3. Battlefield 3
    2. Hard Reset ( The most fast pace shooter fun I've had in a long while. Controls were so tight and absolutely responsive. )
    4. Skyrim, while it has content in terms of questing and story. It lacks in so many other dept graphicly and engine code. They should of considered doing a seperate version for the PC, even if it met delays. Although new mods for GUI and HD textures from the comunity are slowing redeeming it.

I tried Deus and a big fan of the orignal (fond memories), but it was just painful to go through, everything felt clunky. I would of probably enjoyed it on a 360. If it wasn't collecting dust.

20. impar

impar Minimodder

Tags: Add Tags